is there an AT that can...

I was half-heartedly following a conversation in chat the other night and somebody suggested Sleet and Melt Armor as a wicked combo

and I just wanted to play a toon that had both those powers.

My instincts tell me it's not possible, but I've always been attracted to the notion of an AT that offers two support sets in one avatar.

Even more so if you could add Poison into the mix 🙂

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Posted (edited)

Not possible.  While Melt Armor and Sleet are found in a number of Ancillary sets, they can't appear for characters that would already have access to them through Thermal or Cold.

Best you could do would probably be an Ice/Thermal Corrupter or Thermal/Ice Defender, that way you could have Melt Armor alongside Bizzard and Ice Storm.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

11 hours ago, DougGraves said:

I also want an AT that has 3 powersets

Well I was more thinking of the APP/PPP with the third option

8 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Not possible.  While Melt Armor and Sleet are found in a number of Ancillary sets, they can't appear for characters that would already have access to them through Thermal or Cold.

Best you could do would probably be an Ice/Thermal Corrupter or Thermal/Ice Defender, that way you could have Melt Armor alongside Bizzard and Ice Storm.

Yes I looked in Mids and figured that was a likely possible combo but I wanted to ensure.

It's made me wonder if there's scope for a "Super(de)buffer" - an AT with two power sets aimed at support, but I fear they would be too potent on a good team. Imagine having 4 of them and a Blaster and Brute.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Posted (edited)

I'm drinking and had the great idea to pair 2 melee sets on one AT. call it a berserker and its' inherent could be gaining hp and endurance as they fight.  Would be an interesting meta as they have to pop a green and a blue to start fighting because they lose hp and endurance when not fighting.  Two support sets on one toon would be less interesting as they have to have a group around them to do the dirty work.  A kin/empath paired  with a claws/spines would be fun to watch.

Edited by Lusiphur Malache
  • Like 2

you would need to give the dual support some attacks initially and maybe optional pool powers would help. I would expect their APPP to be more attacking than most simply to make up the deficit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

It's made me wonder if there's scope for a "Super(de)buffer" - an AT with two power sets aimed at support, but I fear they would be too potent on a good team. Imagine having 4 of them and a Blaster and Brute

That sounds like a Controller.  Some control sets have modest debuffing, most notably Arsenal, so if you pick one and then a heavy debuff secondary it would work out.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 hours ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

Brawl and Origin power aren't enough?  Fine, give them a revolver that has a 10 second cooldown after 6 shots.

you get the Prestige attacks too don't forget. Six slot brawl and win!

10 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

It's made me wonder if there's scope for a "Super(de)buffer" - an AT with two power sets aimed at support

Defenders already fill those shoes with the debuffs attached to their secondary powers.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.