The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

A suggestion about SG storage bins

I'm just putting this out there. I read a while back how some folks had their SG robbed. 
As of right now, the default permissions on a storage bin are for the two top ranking members:

image.png.b5f4f98bc923c590f2fc1bc274caece5.png

I don't know how various SGs make these permissions. Cosmic would have it so the more time you were in the SG, the more permissions you had. But even that wasn't perfect for any number of reasons. 
What about a switch for each given bin that designated if Player X puts the item in, only Player X can take it out? 

This way, individual members can stash some stuff in the bins and nobody else can take them out. (except the SG leader, who could turn the toggle back off - just in case the member put a bunch of level 5 training enhancements in the bin and was taking up space for too long)

This is a feature I could actually use if I should ever invite folks into my solo SG. Wouldn't you feel better if you could drop your loot in and know someone couldn't just remove them? 

Hmm. Would probably take some tinkering of the DB and possibly more traffic.  I do notice if I'm in a base and putting stuff into storage, my alt account character sees the same slight pause on the screen as the active char.  Though, come to think of it, we already know which char put the item into storage. And...  it only marks down the last person who put something of that type into storage.

Toggle on the permissions can be handled by the SG page, so not just the SG leader could do the maintenance.

Now on the other hand, this would be annoying to use if you're just trying to move some stuff from one char to another. 

For now, I think having some bins as input only, and others being free for all can be the way to go which is already available.

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

I'm just putting this out there. I read a while back how some folks had their SG robbed. 
As of right now, the default permissions on a storage bin are for the two top ranking members:

image.png.b5f4f98bc923c590f2fc1bc274caece5.png

I don't know how various SGs make these permissions. Cosmic would have it so the more time you were in the SG, the more permissions you had. But even that wasn't perfect for any number of reasons. 
What about a switch for each given bin that designated if Player X puts the item in, only Player X can take it out? 

This way, individual members can stash some stuff in the bins and nobody else can take them out. (except the SG leader, who could turn the toggle back off - just in case the member put a bunch of level 5 training enhancements in the bin and was taking up space for too long)

This is a feature I could actually use if I should ever invite folks into my solo SG. Wouldn't you feel better if you could drop your loot in and know someone couldn't just remove them? 

That's the point of SG storage. SG members can put things in and SG members can take things out. It is meant as communal use. If you want things kept just for your character, I recommend e-mailing the item to yourself until you're ready to use it. Or have a SG just for that character/account.

11 hours ago, Ukase said:

That's what the Vault base item is for.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)