Vulnerability as a Toggle

So, l believe Vulnerability has been reworked to something to quicker dispatch and debuff tough targets, such as Archvillains. Thus l would make my suggestion - what if make it not click, but rather Toggle power similar to Radiation Emission toggles or Darkest Night. That one, however, would only affect single target and fire off its debuffing effects once Rage bar is high for that and/or enemy is able to be affected with Vulnerability, because it has 0 of such effects.

But surely reduces button mashing when playing sentinel. What would you think?

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

If it were a toggle, you couldn't use it on more than one target.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I don't think I have a problem with "button mashing" on any of my sentinels. Can't really see this as needed, or even particularly useful QOL.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

This would be a nerf, flat out.

Currently a Sentinel can, if he times it right, have Vulnerability on two targets. Turning it into a toggle limits it to one target.

I'm not certain why you want to nerf Vulnerability, but my response is: BugsNO.gif.e7b1c15e7e499e22820f5a9ef324d8e7.gif

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

8 hours ago, Uun said:

If it were a toggle, you couldn't use it on more than one target.

Generally can, because if you target another enemy, then toggle off/on it, this would fire its debuffs onto another target, while primary target would still retain debuffs (because these effects last 15 second or so), this would require "button mashing" though. As an alternative this could be narrow Sphere AoE with about 3-5 targets max, this way it would affect several targets, like in Neuron/Bobcat encounter or so.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Generally can, because if you target another enemy, then toggle off/on it, this would fire its debuffs onto another target, while primary target would still retain debuffs (because these effects last 15 second or so), this would require "button mashing" though. As an alternative this could be narrow Sphere AoE with about 3-5 targets max, this way it would affect several targets, like in Neuron/Bobcat encounter or so.

I must be playing a different game then because my debuff toggles stop affecting targets immediately when I turn off the toggle. And no, Sentinels should not get an AoE debuff for their Vulnerability power. They are already ranged tanks. They don't also need to be ranged tank support characters. Their ST debuff is sufficient and as stated, can already be used against more than one target at a time. So I oppose giving them an AoE debuff effect toggle. (Edit: And if Vulnerabiliuty was made into a toggle instead of a click, it would not retain its current 15 second duration.)

Edited by Rudra

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

I must be playing a different game then because my debuff toggles stop affecting targets immediately when I turn off the toggle. And no, Sentinels should not get an AoE debuff for their Vulnerability power. They are already ranged tanks. They don't also need to be ranged tank support characters. Their ST debuff is sufficient and as stated, can already be used against more than one target at a time. So I oppose giving them an AoE debuff effect toggle. (Edit: And if Vulnerabiliuty was made into a toggle instead of a click, it would not retain its current 15 second duration.)

Not immediately, most toggles are designed to finish at the approximately rate they tick. E.g. if it ticks every 0.5 s, they're designed to finish in 0.75s, if ticks 5.0s - it in finishes 5.25s and so on. That particular toggle could be unique, that it could tick (i.e. attempt to apply the effect) every e.g. 0.5s, while its debuff lasting 15 seconds, in which way it becomes no button-mashing sentinel Vulnerability, but still with retaining its functionality as a multiple target debuffer, if the player toggles its off after it fired its debuff, then switch target (on primary target debuff will last 15 seconds after firing), and toggle on again, causing it to fire to another target, and last 15 second on it too (this way Vulnerability affects 2 targets).

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Not immediately, most toggles are designed to finish at the approximately rate they tick. E.g. if it ticks every 0.5 s, they're designed to finish in 0.75s, if ticks 5.0s - it in finishes 5.25s and so on. That particular toggle could be unique, that it could tick (i.e. attempt to apply the effect) every e.g. 0.5s, while its debuff lasting 15 seconds, in which way it becomes no button-mashing sentinel Vulnerability, but still with retaining its functionality as a multiple target debuffer, if the player toggles its off after it fired its debuff, then switch target (on primary target debuff will last 15 seconds after firing), and toggle on again, causing it to fire to another target, and last 15 second on it too (this way Vulnerability affects 2 targets).

I am extremely willing to bet that the 15 second duration would go the way of the dodo if Vulnerability became a toggle. Especially as you are describing it.

Edit: And I still don't get what you mean by the button mashing with Sentinels. I don't have to mash buttons any more on my Sentinel than I do on any other AT. Their secondary is an armor set. So they have Vulnerability to click on top of their primaries? As compared to a Defender or Corruptor? Or a Blaster? Or a Dominator? Sentinels are the easy mode of ranged combat AT.

Edited by Rudra

13 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

This would be a nerf, flat out.

Currently a Sentinel can, if he times it right, have Vulnerability on two targets. Turning it into a toggle limits it to one target.

I'm not certain why you want to nerf Vulnerability, but my response is: BugsNO.gif.e7b1c15e7e499e22820f5a9ef324d8e7.gif

I rag on Sentinels a lot, but the Vulnerability on 2 things came up recently for me.  I was leading a TinPex and the team had strong builds (far above average, some people had brought their 4* characters) so when we got to Neuron+Bobcat the play was to put Vulnerability on both of them at once.  That fight went very fast because there were other entities to capitalize on my debuff, and we clocked in at exactly 10:00 finishing up Tin Mage.  Toggle Vulnerability would have been worse here. 

But... context is always important: I'm commenting to agree about how Vulnerability works but NOT to imply that Sentinels are good.  I was the only Sent on the team and brought the team down.  I could have (and have) had a faster time by just playing my Poison/Fire Defender instead.  With the 2 AVs together: I could stack the direct target and splash target effects of Envenom and Weaken, while debuffing both with Venomous Gas, and simply performed the role of AV debuffer better.  We killed *too quickly* so my Sent did not recharge sufficient Opportunity to use Vulnerability on both War Walkers; whereas my Poison/Fire Defender can put their full toolkit of debuffs on every enemy thanks to low cooldowns.

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."