Mids update crashes

Hi all,

Just had an update pushed to me for mids, and now it won't load and I get the attached pop up.

Anyone else have this issue or a fix? I was trying to post in the mids sub but it is locked.

image.png.91e2759db9db1a02174373057d0bf370.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah... it's not a happy little program right now....

Capture.JPG

Edit: Double yeah. It won't even open my characters any more. And I'm disinclined to join something I am actively avoiding in order to get help.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

full uninstall and reinstall seemed to fix the issue, at least for me.  Win 10 btw.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

Posted (edited)

Re: Linux running MRB under Wine

Reinistalled, Setup 3748 + spun through further updates, changed options and seems to be ok. Using the auto-update from the previous major version was the same fail that others already noted that pointed me down the same reinstall workaround others already realised (for Windows applies to Linux too).

Still cannot read any text in the installer there is one place have to blindly click to accept something.

One caveat - I like to set +3 difficulty to check accuracy of attacks the drop down list does not work using just the pointer. It used to work, doesn't now. Instead, open the drop down list with the pointer then use cursor keys to select the difficulty. Further: options changed are turn off auto-update, set directory for builds

Something I did notice (and mentioned to the MRB folk on Discord a few weeks ago) was previous version was auto-raising from the background on mouse-over. So far, so good it has not repeated this affect with v3.7.4 Rev 9. Some Windows users noted the same affect might be fixed for them too.

Edited by Digirium

Posted (edited)

Also had to delete mids and reinstall. it worked, but now all my numbers are off. it's trying to say i have over 70% defense on my plant controller with 400% global recharge and nearly 400% Damage bonus. The (over a hundred by now) builds I have saved, will all have to be redone. I'd really love to find a solution before I have to do that though.

jirrong.png

Edited by kanga
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

My husband and I had the same issue. Uninstalling and then reinstalling didn't work. Well, it did work in that we no longer get that pop-up when trying to use the program, but the numbers are now displaying incorrectly in every build.

Edited by Ael
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Yup.. so very frustrating.
I struggled with getting MIDs to run in Linux Mint and posted about it here in the forums. No one really seemed to have an answer that worked to get MIDs to run. After several months, some awesome person posted in my thread about certain .dll files they installed, and it worked (I had given up and forgot about my thread after some time, and only recently revisited it when I seen the helpful post). I was so happy and for 2 solid days I was running MIDs in Linux Mint without having to use a virtual box!

Then MIDs informed me of an update, so I ran it, and now MIDs is broken and will not launch. I really hate using a virtual box just to run MIDs. It's slow,  cumbersome and is about a mag 5 fun suck.

Edited by Trauma Junky
Reasons
  • Like 1

Oh, thank goodness. I was thinking I had lost my mind when I saw my little Dominator sporting 27.something KB protection with just Acrobatics on. Even turning Acrobatics off, it still shows KB protection at 16.something. I thought I had gone crazy. Err... crazier? So it is Mids going crazy instead.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Ael said:

My husband and I had the same issue. Uninstalling and then reinstalling didn't work. Well, it did work in that we no longer get that pop-up when trying to use the program, but the numbers are now displaying incorrectly in every build.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

Oh, thank goodness. I was thinking I had lost my mind when I saw my little Dominator sporting 27.something KB protection with just Acrobatics on. Even turning Acrobatics off, it still shows KB protection at 16.something. I thought I had gone crazy. Err... crazier? So it is Mids going crazy instead.

Honestly, Mids has become a mess.  

Edited by Sanguinesun

Kanga is using V3.7.4 and I'd be willing to bet Ael and possibly Rudra is as well. I downloaded V3.7.4 last night and the second time it booted up it asked me if I wanted to update to V3.7.9. I was a bit weary at first, so I went back and checked to see if I could find a download of V3.7.9 somewhere... I didn't.

So I went ahead and let it autoupdate and it was fine. I even checked back here to see if I had the issues mentioned and it seems as though I don't. although it does give me a warning when I open builds from the older MIDs from before V3.7.4, but I didn't see any issues after the warning.

Just so it's mentioned, I did have a weird error the first time V3.7.4 booted where I couldn't get past the tip that popped up, but when I shut the program down from Taskmanager and booted it again things where just fine.

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

Posted (edited)

I'm also getting this error. I tried shutting mids down from the Task Manager, but it didn't work.

I tried rebooting my computer (full shut down, not just the "restart" option) and that didn't work, either. 

I uninstalled my broken mids and reinstalled it using the "download latest installer" button from midsreborn.com. After reinstalling, mids updated. It seems to be working now. As far as I've seen, I don't have any wonky numbers, either. If that changes, I'll update this to let you guys know.

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I completely wiped mids and redownloaded it, I told it to update on both occasions, it still gave me the same eroneous results. I was getting ready to wipe it a 3rd time when I decided to take a closer look at the files in the root directory and found a cleanup.exe.

ran that, and finally it is all back to normal. PHEW. It's also not crashing when opening up an old build either, something that was happening before getting to version 3.7.9

no idea what it did but curious i was having the same numbers issue despite completely wiping the old install and installing another.

Posted (edited)

I got the usual error when auto-updating, so downloaded the most recent MRB_Release zip file from the Mids GitHub page and replaced the entire contents of the original installation folder with it. No actual program uninstall was needed - just delete the original folder contents (aside from the subfolder containing my actual builds) -> extract zip file into folder -> program boots cleanly + works!

Upon running the new version it autoupdated to 3.7.4.9, which worked and is still going OK.

I've not noticed any difference in resistance/defence numbers on my previous builds - they all seem fine. Although Mids does currently seem to be missing the vertical scrollbars on my laptop, which is making scrolling down to see inherents and incarnate buffs etc difficult unless I manually change the columns count.

Edited by Maelwys

• 3 weeks later
Posted (edited)

Just updated, now getting an Unhandled exception on start up every time, even with a new build I just saved with this version. All older files are crashing with the same error and not loading builds. Just great. Where do I get the previous version so I can reinstall? 🙄

----

NM - uninstall/reinstall rolled it back to previous version, all good now. I didn't even need this Win10 hotfix as I'm on Win11 lol!

----

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json.Schema, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json.Schema, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'
   at Mids_Reborn.Core.BuildFile.Validator..ctor()
   at Mids_Reborn.Core.BuildFile.BuildManager.LoadFromFile(String fileName)
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.LoadCharacterFile(String fileName)
   at Mids_Reborn.Forms.frmMain.tsFileOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.ProcessCmdKey(Message& m, Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.ProcessShortcut(Message& m, Keys shortcut)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.ProcessCmdKey(Message& m, Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
System.Private.CoreLib
    Assembly Version: 6.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 6.0.3124.26714
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
----------------------------------------
MidsReborn
    Assembly Version: 3.7.4.0
    Win32 Version: 3.7.4.9
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/MidsReborn.dll
System.Runtime
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.dll
System.Threading.Thread
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Threading.Thread.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 6.0.2.0
    Win32 Version: 6.0.3124.26903
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/6.0.31/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Windows.Forms.Primitives
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/6.0.31/System.Windows.Forms.Primitives.dll
System.Threading
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Threading.dll
System.Diagnostics.TraceSource
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.dll
System.Collections
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Collections.dll
System.ComponentModel.Primitives
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.ComponentModel.Primitives.dll
System.Runtime.InteropServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll
System.Drawing.Primitives
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Drawing.Primitives.dll
System.Drawing.Common
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/6.0.31/System.Drawing.Common.dll
System.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Linq.dll
System.Collections.Specialized
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Collections.Specialized.dll
Microsoft.Web.WebView2.WinForms
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2478.35
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2478.35
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/Microsoft.Web.WebView2.WinForms.dll
Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2478.35
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2478.35
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.dll
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.Win32.Primitives
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/Microsoft.Win32.Primitives.dll
System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/6.0.31/Accessibility.dll
System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.dll
Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/6.0.31/Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/6.0.31/System.Drawing.dll
System.ComponentModel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.ComponentModel.dll
System.Numerics.Vectors
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Numerics.Vectors.dll
System.Private.Uri
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Private.Uri.dll
System.Collections.NonGeneric
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Collections.NonGeneric.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 13.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 13.0.3.27908
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/Newtonsoft.Json.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.dll
System.Collections.Concurrent
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Collections.Concurrent.dll
System.Linq.Expressions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Linq.Expressions.dll
System.Runtime.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.Numerics.dll
System.ObjectModel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.ObjectModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization.Primitives
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.Serialization.Primitives.dll
System.Data.Common
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Data.Common.dll
System.Xml.ReaderWriter
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Xml.ReaderWriter.dll
System.Private.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Private.Xml.dll
System.Reflection.Emit.ILGeneration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Reflection.Emit.ILGeneration.dll
System.Reflection.Emit.Lightweight
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Reflection.Emit.Lightweight.dll
System.Reflection.Primitives
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Reflection.Primitives.dll
System.Memory
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Memory.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Threading.Tasks
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Threading.Tasks.dll
System.Runtime.Extensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.Extensions.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.dll
System.Text.RegularExpressions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Text.RegularExpressions.dll
FastDeepCloner
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.6
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.6
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/FastDeepCloner.dll
System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms.dll
System.Threading.ThreadPool
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Threading.ThreadPool.dll
MRBResourceLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/MRBResourceLib.dll
System.Resources.Extensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/6.0.31/System.Resources.Extensions.dll
System.Runtime.Loader
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.Loader.dll
System.Diagnostics.Process
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Diagnostics.Process.dll
SkiaSharp
    Assembly Version: 2.88.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.88.8.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/SkiaSharp.dll
SkiaSharp.Views.Desktop.Common
    Assembly Version: 2.88.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.88.8.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/SkiaSharp.Views.Desktop.Common.dll
System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.dll
Jace
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Homecoming/MIDS/Jace.dll
System.Text.Encoding.CodePages
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll
System.Globalization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Globalization.dll
System.Reflection
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Reflection.dll
System.Reflection.Extensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Reflection.Extensions.dll
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll
System.Diagnostics.StackTrace
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.dll
System.Reflection.Metadata
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Reflection.Metadata.dll
System.Collections.Immutable
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.31/System.Collections.Immutable.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

Edited by Nostromo21

Game over man, game over!