Gaussian's Build-up proc

Hello!  Not really an archetype question so I figured I should ask here.

Does the Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control: Chance for Build Up proc give a visual indication when it does proc?  Like "PREVENTIVE MEDICINE" that pops up every now and then?

I had it slotted in Dark Consumption for a good while now and I'm not sure it really does anything.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

I assume you mean Soul Drain. But there is no big indicator like Preventative Medicine.

You will however see SuperReflexes Quickness.png  pop-up next to your active power icons.

Edited by The Volt
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

@The Volt has identified the symbol, I believe it is used for all the "Build Up" type effects (some powers that can trigger a build up via use, also powers with %proc pieces, etc.) It also shows up in the Pet window's icons if the henchmen/pets have a way to trigger the effect on themselves.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 8:39 AM, Aeroprism said:

@Doomguide2005 @The Volt you are both absolutely right, I meant Soul Drain, my bad.

Thank you for the answer.  I'll try to keep an eye on my icon bar.

Another thing you might try - which does work - monitor your damage bonus via combat attributes. You'll see the 100% spike in damage displayed (added to whatever your damage bonus is without it) 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/28/2024 at 6:31 AM, Aeroprism said:

Hello!  Not really an archetype question so I figured I should ask here.

Does the Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control: Chance for Build Up proc give a visual indication when it does proc?  Like "PREVENTIVE MEDICINE" that pops up every now and then?

I had it slotted in Dark Consumption for a good while now and I'm not sure it really does anything.

Thank you!

I think that the animation also shows like a purplish vfx on the player too. I only ever slot mine in other Aim or Build Up type powers, so many that's what I'm seeing.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png