Police radio is quiet

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, gronbek said:

I am lvl 44 and want to do safeguard mission in founders falls but when i click on the radio it says that events are beyond my notice?

Usually that means you've out-leveled that zone and the radio won't give you any missions. For a Safeguard mission you need to go talk to the Detective for that zone, but you can't get a Safeguard if you've out-leveled the zone.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

This is standard procedure for zones where the "challenge level" has been exceeded.  At your level, the only zone where you can find police scanner stuff is Peregrine Island.  All others are going to give the simple feedback, "Events here seem to be beneath your notice", e.g., nothing more than cats stuck in trees.

All best as you continue your voyage through the best superhero MMPOG ever released, and just watch out for those Malta punks and their Sappers hanging around Portal Corp...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gronbek said:

I am lvl 44 and want to do safeguard mission in founders falls but when i click on the radio it says that events are beyond my notice?

Right. You're 44. FF is 30-40. Go to Perigrene.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

Right. You're 44. FF is 30-40. Go to Perigrene.

Of course, one could always experience Founders Falls again if they joined a team with someone of the right level leading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gronbek said:

thanks for the info. I think i read that founders falls had police missions to lvl45. But i must have been wrong

Whenever you go to a train or ferry, it'll have the level range for that zone right after the name.

• Thumbs Down 1

If you're looking for the safeguard missions to get the Stouthearted badge (or other reasons), you can do any safeguard you like at any level if you unlock Agent Hassell in Steel Canyon via the Villain Disruptor badge

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Agent_Hassell

As described here: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Villain_Disruptor_Badge - Provost Marchand's story arc is a great way to get this badge unlocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

If only radio missions would auto-exemp you and let you do missions in whatever zone you wanted.  Personally, I'm just not a fan of Peregrine Island.

Yeah, I don't like that place either. It's just... I don't know how to call it... not as interesting as pretty much anywhere else in Paragon City?

And it very much sucks how it's literally the only place a maximum-level hero is allowed to do anything because the game's leveling system arbitrarily declares you don't care about anything below.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Vic Raiden said:

Yeah, I don't like that place either. It's just... I don't know how to call it... not as interesting as pretty much anywhere else in Paragon City?

And it very much sucks how it's literally the only place a maximum-level hero is allowed to do anything because the game's leveling system arbitrarily declares you don't care about anything below.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels too small.  It's the zone for the biggest (level) heroes and has an odd mix of enemies with Carnies, CoT, Devouring Earth, Malta, Nemesis, and Rikti... with an island full of mini menances (monkeys) and also plenty of larger prey with DE (non-giant) monsters.  The level 50 stuff is down in front of Portal Corp, and the lower end stuff can be found on the ferry end --especially the docks.  But there's also DE that are noticeably lower level around Portal Corp, and the stuff in between the two ends of the island can be hit or miss when trying to street sweep for foes.  And the radio missions in there seem limited to Arachnos, Carnies, Council, and CoT.  We have higher level enemies than just those, so some other mission options would be nice.  Yeah, just too small for such big heroes.  Don't like it at all.  I only go there for Halloween, a few missions, and otherwise just passing through.

If only there was something to do in Kallisti Wharf.  Now that's a town with size to accommodate the high end heroes... but the only reason to go there is the Market Crash TF.

• Like 2

Also, yeah, letting players access radio missions in all zones regardless of level would be the best. Now if only there was a way to auto-exemplar a toon without locking them in Task Force mode...

image.png.5f6dcd1d6decf4a8fb6916d45a17cfb1.pngAwww, looks like @herotu is having a temper tantrum. Poor lit'l guy. Otherwise he really hates having level ranges showing when you go to the trains/ferries.

10 hours ago, Vic Raiden said:

Only place? Ignoring raids and Ouro'ing, you've got PI, the Shard, RWZ (there *is* more to do there than the MSR,) Dark Astoria, Grandville (obviously redside, but still) and some of the contacts from Cim that open up - there is stuff out there. Could there be more? Absolutely. I won't turn down more content - honestly at any level range. But there *is* more to do. Even if you're just looking at repeatables like the newspaper/radio, they exist in those same zones - they're just a contact instead.

• Like 1

I think what we need is a Level 50 Hazard Zone that isn't RWZ so that players have a dedicated street sweeping area that doesn't get clogged up by scheduled raids. Mobs in Kallisti could be nice even if it isn't a Hazard Zone. 

Personally I'd consider revamping PI and Grandville to add Level 51-54 Mobs even though once again not a Hazard Zone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Krimson said:

I think what we need is a Level 50 Hazard Zone that isn't RWZ so that players have a dedicated street sweeping area that doesn't get clogged up by scheduled raids. Mobs in Kallisti could be nice even if it isn't a Hazard Zone. 

Personally I'd consider revamping PI and Grandville to add Level 51-54 Mobs even though once again not a Hazard Zone. 

There's the Shard, but that is only one side currently and you do have to go out a ways to find level appropriate mobs once you hit 50. (Though, I think I'm remembering dev talk about opening it up to the other side? I could be wrong there.)  And, of course, DA. You could count the Hive if you *really* like monsters, but that might (ok, would) goof up hami raids.

Grandville... doesn't the island in the north have high level mobs? The Fab, I think it is? It's been a while. I vaguely recall some decent size spawns up there.

Hmm. Idea. Both sides have portal tech, create a few themed "worlds" that are just high end groups specifically for this - hazard zones, must be 45+, full Incarnate powers as an option on some (with mobs buffed to compensate, just so those NOT 50 but wanting this sort of challenge have some options too,) could also be used as a sort of testing ground for mobs to be introduced (or not, and left on a world of their own) for high level content (just to spice things up from council, council, council.) THis mostly avoids the trying to find (or change) an existing zone to do this. (Yes, Kallisti can work and needs some life in it too, but this gives other options.)

• Thumbs Up 2

As cool as this would be, I'm still going to advocate for either lifting the level restrictions on zone radio missions or making them auto-exemplar players to the zone's level. Paragon City is big, and it's kind of dumb to lock highest-level characters out of most of it barring the few places Greycat mentioned. Nevermind that half of those aren't part of the city.

• Like 1

I do like the idea of being able to optionally exemp down to a zone's level to run its content solo or in teams. I don't know how easy to implement it might be (I suspect not at all) but it would be great to have the ability to re-run lower level street content once you've dinged the big five zero

• Like 3

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.