I have the idea,but not AT/powersets

Xandyr

Hey all.

So, I'm wanting to roll somewhat of an archangel. You know,  a mighty warrior sent by God to cleanse the world/fight evil and all that. I think that such an archangel would not only be able to dish out Judgement and punishment, but would be beneficial to those around him ( whether by weakening enemies by lowering enemy def/resist/to hit/damage/etc or by healing with Rad Therapy, increasing team defense/etc).

The "easiest", or one of the first things that came to mind is Shield and Broadsword. I think of a Crusader/Holy Knight.

Other powersets could potentially be: --Rad Armor ("radiant" aura, plus sorta helps any teammates with healing, and weakens enemies with Beta Decay)

- Electric Armor...kind of a stretch, but the electricity could just be auras/armor crackling with their sheer power. 

-Dark Armor...colored either red or as bright as possible. Would be more controlling due to their power and cause Fear in the enemies 

-Shield...more of a crusader/holy knight as mentioned 

- Energy Armor maybe?

For melee, it's either :

-Broadsword

-Fire Melee...swords of fire

-War mace could work I believe 

-Possibly Battle Ax

What's the experts' opinions on the powersets? Anything to add? What would you roll?

And finally...what AT? Either Scrapper or Tank?  

What's your suggestions?

thanks in advance!

• Like 2

The only issue limiting rad armor in my opinion is the persistent FX that you get while using the armor. You can make a lot of things work with power customization and costume choices to be honest.

That said I wouldn't discount a Peacebringer either.

Maybe a big honkin set of wings and a Titan weapon? I like you're BS/Shield idea but I have a hard time recommending Broadsword. I have Mace, Axe and Broadsword scrappers and BS trails the pack by a good bit. Not so much that it isn't functional but enough to notice. Axe is the best of the 3 and Mace is pretty solid too, I think Mace/Shield could really work with your concept.

As for Scrapper or Tank, boy that's a tough call and you can't make a wrong choice because they're both great but I have a great affinity for Shield Scrappers so that's my vote!

• Thumbs Up 1

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

12 hours ago, Xandyr said:

Hey all.

So, I'm wanting to roll somewhat of an archangel. You know,  a mighty warrior sent by God to cleanse the world/fight evil and all that. I think that such an archangel would not only be able to dish out Judgement and punishment, but would be beneficial to those around him ( whether by weakening enemies by lowering enemy def/resist/to hit/damage/etc or by healing with Rad Therapy, increasing team defense/etc).

The "easiest", or one of the first things that came to mind is Shield and Broadsword. I think of a Crusader/Holy Knight.

Other powersets could potentially be: --Rad Armor ("radiant" aura, plus sorta helps any teammates with healing, and weakens enemies with Beta Decay)

- Electric Armor...kind of a stretch, but the electricity could just be auras/armor crackling with their sheer power. 

-Dark Armor...colored either red or as bright as possible. Would be more controlling due to their power and cause Fear in the enemies 

- Energy Armor maybe?

For melee, it's either :

-Broadsword

-Possibly Battle Ax

What's the experts' opinions on the powersets? Anything to add? What would you roll?

And finally...what AT? Either Scrapper or Tank?  

What's your suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Electricity isnt really a stretch since it is a thematic motif in related stories.   Color it blinding white for example.

Sonic could also be a potential blast option due to trumpeting angelic herald sort of thinking.

Dual Blades and as well Claws can be if you use the energy related versions and shade white.  Doesnt have to be a sword n board.

Even kheldians could be an option(especially when you start to get more into the early angelic mythology and how very alien angelic creatures were described to be, or running a kheldian as a human form only.

Basically its going to be less about the AT's and power sets and more about the creativity and interpretations you find agreeable.

Edited by Sanguinesun
  • Thumbs Up 1

Investing in leadership would be thematic, and I'd definitely recommend Fiery Aura. The capstone was buffed so you can use it while alive, and the visual of the fiery wings bursting out is just too good for this type of concept. It also mechanically plays kinda well with the presence pool which is underwhelming normally but also is very thematic. If you go for a scrapper/stalker/sentinel having an AoE taunt from the pool is helpful, and for everyone the aoe fear is actually a really nice soft-mitigation power to help with the defences since FA alone isn't that great. 

For a primary, Broad Sword or maybe War Mace would be good. They have good ST damage but less so aoe damage, so FA will add meaningfully there. Also, if you haven't considered Sentinels, their fire epic pool has a fire sword attack and aoe heal if you wanted more ally support. Maybe primary could be an archer or just fire blast.

Otherwise I do have an angellic themed charater with electric melee. Lightning rod is so big and splashy and grandiose which really fits the theme of divinity for me. Pairing with shield is very popular and it gives you a team buff power, so that might fit the bill too.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, Sanguinesun said:

Electricity isnt really a stretch since it is a thematic motif in related stories.   Color it blinding white for example.

Sonic could also be a potential blast option due to trumpeting angelic herald sort of thinking.

Dual Blades and as well Claws can be if you use the energy related versions and shade white.  Doesnt have to be a sword n board.

Even kheldians could be an option(especially when you start to get more into the early angelic mythology and how very alien angelic creatures were described to be, or running a kheldian as a human form only.

Basically its going to be less about the AT's and power sets and more about the creativity and interpretations you find agreeable.

Didn't even think about a Sent....  Fire Blast/Energy Aura...or like you said Sonic Blast/x. Hmm....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/12/2024 at 11:51 PM, Xandyr said:

I'm wanting to roll somewhat of an archangel

If you're willing to consider other ATs, consider a Sentinel;  You can then take the fire APP to get a PBAoE heal, and something like fire or radiation blast, or even sonic, could fit the concept.  If you aren't fond of the radiation armor FX, something like energy aura has a nice glow option to represent that divine aura.  You could go with radiation armor for the PBAoE heal/debuff then go with the Ninja Tool Mastery APP so you can have a sword...

roll somewhat of an archangel. You know,  a mighty warrior sent by God to cleanse the world/fight evil and all that. I think that such an archangel would not only be able to dish out Judgement and punishment, but would be beneficial to those around him ( whether by weakening enemies by lowering enemy def/resist/to hit/damage/etc or by healing with Rad Therapy, increasing team defense/etc).

On before the Sunset, I had an Angel of Death character based on a Champions RPG (pen & paper/tabletop) character. This Angel was a Dark/Dark Defender.

The only Angel I have at this point is an Electric/Electric Defender.

- Energy Armor maybe?

For melee, it's either :

-Broadsword

-Possibly Battle Ax

But it looks like you are going more for the damage side and are avoiding the ...

but would be beneficial to those around him ( whether by weakening enemies by lowering enemy def/resist/to hit/damage/etc or by healing with Rad Therapy, increasing team defense/etc).

Of course, a corruptor would dish out more damage than a defender, but then an Angel as a corruptor somehow really fit unless they are fallen one.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Posted (edited)

Played around in Mids, and I think I've settled on an Electric/DB Tank. Some of the reasons being:

1) I love tanks

2) Haven't really done an Electric tank. All Electric powers will be colored pure white.

3) Lightning Field damages and drains end... my thought would be the enemies are in awe of the Archangel and being in his presence slowly makes the enemy not want to fight (not being able to fight due to losing end)

4) Gonna slot a Power Transfer: Chance to Heal in Lightning Field...Archangels would be able to heal themselves,right? 😃

5) I know a lot of people complain/don't like the DB system, but I could continually keep Weaken on the foes. Again,  being in the presence of an Archangel would weaken the enemy.

6) One blade will be the Greater Ice Sword and the other the Greater Fire Sword. Ice being solid white and fire being red. The GIS looks really cool.

7) Naturally, will take the Soul Mastery Epic Pool for Gloom (colored red so it will look like fire) and for Darkest Night. That huge To Hit Debuff and Damage debuff screams awesomeness, and again reiterates that being in the presence of an Archangel weakens you.  

All combined, I think this toon concept will be what I'm looking for. As a tank, I can take a ton of damage and not worry, Energize and healing procs will help keep Health up, and the debuffs will contribute to the team while fulfilling my concept.

I believe once I get him maxed out, I may have to make another, but as a Sent. Don't think I want another Scrapper....I love my StJ/Shield scrap too much to roll a different one 😃

Thanks for all the ideas Guys and Gals!

-x

Edited by Xandyr
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1