Powerset feedback : Eldritch Blast

KingCeddd03

1. Eldritch Bolt:

• Description: Fire a concentrated bolt of eldritch energy at your target.
    • Effect: Deals moderate magic damage and applies a minor debuff, reducing the target’s damage output.
  2. Void Pulse:

• Description: Unleash a pulse of dark energy that damages enemies in a small radius.
    • Effect: Deals area-of-effect damage and has a chance to knock back enemies.
  3. Dark Barrage:

• Description: Rapidly fire multiple smaller blasts of eldritch energy.
    • Effect: Deals light damage per hit but can stack quickly against single targets.
  4. Chaos Wave:

• Description: Send out a wave of chaotic energy that distorts reality.
    • Effect: Deals damage in a cone in front of you and applies random debuffs (e.g., slow, weaken, confusion).
  5. Eldritch Missile:

• Description: Launch a homing missile of pure eldritch energy.
    • Effect: Seeks out a target, dealing heavy damage and applying a "Curse" debuff that reduces healing received.
  6. Abyssal Blast:

• Description: Channel energy from the abyss, releasing a powerful blast.
    • Effect: Deals high damage to a single target and fears nearby enemies.
  7. Spectral Surge:

• Description: Summon spectral hands from the ground to grab enemies.
    • Effect: Deals damage over time and immobilizes enemies for a short duration.
  8. Netherstorm:

• Description: Create a storm of eldritch energy at a target location.
    • Effect: Deals continuous area-of-effect damage over a large area for a duration.
  9. Eldritch Nova:

• Description: Release a burst of energy from within, damaging and knocking back all enemies around you.
    • Effect: Deals high area-of-effect damage and knocks back enemies.
  10. Reality Tear:

• Description: Rip a hole in reality, causing unpredictable effects.
    • Effect: Summons an unstable rift that deals random damage and applies various debuffs to enemies.
  11. Forbidden Blast:

• Description: Draw upon forbidden knowledge to unleash a devastating attack.
    • Effect: Deals massive damage to a single target and applies a "Doom" debuff that explodes after a short time.
  12. Eldritch Cataclysm:
    • Description: Unleash the full power of eldritch energies, causing a cataclysmic event.
    • Effect: Deals extreme area-of-effect damage, applies multiple debuffs, and summons eldritch horrors to fight alongside you for a short time.
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Non-epic-archetype primary/secondary sets generally only have 9 powers; additional ones are usually sub-powers of something else (eg: Swap Ammo).

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Because if you can't convince others for a magic blast set the first hundred times, try again....

This one seems fine, thematically, if only because visuals are not listed. Other than the tier 1 power stating "moderate magic damage", the set as a whole could be drawing on eldritch energy through tech like Doom 2016, or mutation. The bigger question is: what does this bring to the table besides being Dark Blast 2.0?

16 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

This one seems fine, thematically, if only because visuals are not listed.

As I stated on pretty much every other thread (s)he/they makes about this, I'm fine with magic animations for a new set. It's the "eldritch", "arcane", "sorcery", "magic", et al for primary/secondary set and power names I take issue with.

(Edit: Because magic is an origin. The Sorcery pool is an origin pool.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add "primary/secondary".
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

The bigger question is: what does this bring to the table besides being Dark Blast 2.0?

A lot of these say "eldritch" or "chaotic" energy, so... maybe it rolls a random damage type (and amount) each time?  It might be a fun way to bypass some of the resists that the various factions have, but in the long run it'd basically be applying damage against the average of each groups' resistances. (For all we know, there's no relation between the netherworld and the various eldritch energies - these eldritch powers could deal any damage type).

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Rudra said:

As I stated on pretty much every other thread (s)he/they makes about this, I'm fine with magic animations for a new set. It's the "eldritch", "arcane", "sorcery", "magic", et al for primary/secondary set and power names I take issue with.

(Edit: Because magic is an origin. The Sorcery pool is an origin pool.)

I'm generally inclined to agree with you on any of these threads calling for a magic staff or spellcasting blasts to be a set instead of power customization. This eldritch blast, though, (assuming its visuals aren't spellcasting circles by default or some other shenanigans) seems no worse than Dark Blast already is. DB mentions several times in its power descriptions that you are connecting to the Netherworld and using its power for your attacks. For instance, Tenebrous Tentacles: "You can create a cone shaped rift to the Netherworld that allows its native creatures to slip their oily tentacles into our reality. These creatures will snare all foes within range, Immobilizing them while the tentacles drain their life and reduce their chance to hit."

Still not as neutral-sounding as Chaotic Blast or other names that were suggesting in response to Cedd's other threads/posts but neutral enough compared to Magic or Sorcery, I think, given DB has existed since launch.

12 attacks, 7 AoEs, no Aim, a damage type that doesn't exist in the game, a power with a gimmick that all ranged attacks already use (homing), Confuse as a "debuff", and... pets in a blast set.

Might need a bit of refinement.

• Haha 6
  • Microphone 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Uh...okay. I guess I can give this a shot.

7 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Eldritch Bolt:

• Description: Fire a concentrated bolt of eldritch energy at your target.
  • Effect: Deals moderate magic damage and applies a minor debuff, reducing the target’s damage output.

I mean, it's a T1 power. I guess having a damage debuff on that goes a long way to making it worth considering.

We don't have "magic damage". I'm just going to pretend it's Negative Energy damage instead.

Void Pulse:

• Description: Unleash a pulse of dark energy that damages enemies in a small radius.
  • Effect: Deals area-of-effect damage and has a chance to knock back enemies.

Oh no nevermind apparently we get T2 powers that have AoEs. Just strike through my prior text above.

I can't tell if this is a PBAoE attack or a targeted AoE attack like Fireball. If it's the former, you are ejecting multiple enemies out of range of your melee attacks, which is an interesting decision. If it's the latter, this is abjectly terrible, as you want to keep hitting the same group with AoEs, but the random knockback chance means you break up the group on hit, which forces you to pay the knockback tax for enhancements by slotting KB2KD.

Dark Barrage:

• Description: Rapidly fire multiple smaller blasts of eldritch energy.
  • Effect: Deals light damage per hit but can stack quickly against single targets.

I don't understand what "stack quickly" means in this context. By default, a power only really activates once. This might visually look like ten blasts in a row, but it's still only one power doing its predetermined damage. What about it is supposed to stack quickly?

I'm pretty okay with the idea of something that keeps buffing itself against the same target though. The core idea could be pretty cool when applied to something else.

Chaos Wave:

• Description: Send out a wave of chaotic energy that distorts reality.
  • Effect: Deals damage in a cone in front of you and applies random debuffs (e.g., slow, weaken, confusion).

The problem with applying all of these random debuffs as a T4 power that can be accessed fairly early is that you don't have the power budget to make them have values worth a damn. The only thing the debuff roulette is good for is slotting a bunch of random sets since it'll qualify for slows, confuses, and whatever else it can apply.

This also feels bad to use no matter what. Sometimes you'll high roll, but most of the time you're going to get some fairly useless effects, e.g. slowing melee-range enemies or weakening minions with nothing useful to debuff.

Eldritch Missile:

• Description: Launch a homing missile of pure eldritch energy.
  • Effect: Seeks out a target, dealing heavy damage and applying a "Curse" debuff that reduces healing received.

Wait, where's Aim? Pretty sure by T5 we're supposed to have Aim on a blast set.

This is fairly unremarkable. It does damage, it reduces healing. You take it, lament its good cooldown and terrible ability to hold procs, and use it on the big bosses that regenerate a bunch of health.

Abyssal Blast:

• Description: Channel energy from the abyss, releasing a powerful blast.
  • Effect: Deals high damage to a single target and fears nearby enemies.

Actually an interesting idea - applying crowd control in an area around a target instead of the target itself. Feels like there could be a lot of fun in that setup - maybe we copy Winter Wyvern's ultimate from DotA 2 and trap a guy while confusing and taunting all his buddies into pounding on him.

On here, though? This is an unusual amount of mezzing coming from a blast set. I think it's okay on its own, but we've got knockbacks, the debuff roulette, and now the fear. Fairly certain there are other avenues of debuffs or added effects that can be explored here.

Spectral Surge:

• Description: Summon spectral hands from the ground to grab enemies.
  • Effect: Deals damage over time and immobilizes enemies for a short duration.

Oh dear.

At least the imagery is cool. The amount of mezzing in the set is out of hand now though - we're starting to rival control sets, but with the damage to back it up. Theoretically, anyways - we ARE missing Aim for some reason.

Netherstorm:

• Description: Create a storm of eldritch energy at a target location.
  • Effect: Deals continuous area-of-effect damage over a large area for a duration.

No real comments here. I'd have swapped this with Chaos Wave personally so Chaos Wave's debuff roulette has room for bigger values.

Eldritch Nova:

• Description: Release a burst of energy from within, damaging and knocking back all enemies around you.
  • Effect: Deals high area-of-effect damage and knocks back enemies.

Classic PBAoE Blaster nuke. I think there's room for something more interesting than just knockback, and room for a more interesting name than Eldritch Nova, but the fundamental principle matches up with all the other blast sets.

Anyways, the set has a large amount of AoE effects and way too much mezzing. If you kept it as is, it would have to lose out on damage to compensate for the mezzes, which would make Blaster users feel bad using it.

...wait, hold up.

Reality Tear:

• Description: Rip a hole in reality, causing unpredictable effects.
  • Effect: Summons an unstable rift that deals random damage and applies various debuffs to enemies.

Why is there a tenth power?!

@KingCeddd03 Serious talk: when you post threads like these and go out of the ordinary, you need to be up front about what you're doing, why you're doing it, and what you're expecting to hear from people. I have no idea why you made 12 powers instead of 9 for a set, you haven't posted any clarification yet, and there's nothing to suggest anyone should do anything other than take it at face value.

I'm not really impressed by "randomness" as a hook for anything, least of all in a game like City of Heroes with fairly determined effects on powers. At least at...T10?...this has room for big debuff values. The same problems with Chaos Wave's lack of reliability plague this one too.

Forbidden Blast:

• Description: Draw upon forbidden knowledge to unleash a devastating attack.
  • Effect: Deals massive damage to a single target and applies a "Doom" debuff that explodes after a short time.

...explodes into what? Confetti?

It's a big single target hit otherwise. Not much to comment on.

Eldritch Cataclysm:

• Description: Unleash the full power of eldritch energies, causing a cataclysmic event.
  • Effect: Deals extreme area-of-effect damage, applies multiple debuffs, and summons eldritch horrors to fight alongside you for a short time.

This really bugs me because it's breaking the general conventions of the archetypes just to make the set feel special. Since Blast sets can be used by Blasters, Corruptors, and Defenders, we are giving all three of them access to pets through this power, when they don't - and shouldn't - have pets through their powersets.

I also wish you were more specific with "multiple debuffs". There are so many different statistics you can debuff in this game, even down to esoteric stuff like endurance costs, jump height, and toxic defense. Multiple debuffs doesn't communicate nearly enough information to make a judgment about whether this is good.

In summary:

• A couple of interesting premises that would work great on a control set
  • Not actually bringing too much that's new to the scene
  • No central theme - effects are too random, sometimes literally
  • Way too much mez for a ranged damage set
  • Why are there twelve powers.
  • Needs far more detail from you - what you get out of these threads is about equal to what you put into them, and this doesn't look like you put in a lot
  • Thanks 3

Aspiring game designer and minotaur main.

Anyone can tear something down. The true talent is building it back up again, better than before.

My collection of powerset suggestions - open to comments and feedback!

BugsNO.gif.e7b1c15e7e499e22820f5a9ef324d8e7.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, CrusaderDroid said:

Uh...okay. I guess I can give this a shot.

I mean, it's a T1 power. I guess having a damage debuff on that goes a long way to making it worth considering.

We don't have "magic damage". I'm just going to pretend it's Negative Energy damage instead.

Oh no nevermind apparently we get T2 powers that have AoEs. Just strike through my prior text above.

I can't tell if this is a PBAoE attack or a targeted AoE attack like Fireball. If it's the former, you are ejecting multiple enemies out of range of your melee attacks, which is an interesting decision. If it's the latter, this is abjectly terrible, as you want to keep hitting the same group with AoEs, but the random knockback chance means you break up the group on hit, which forces you to pay the knockback tax for enhancements by slotting KB2KD.

I don't understand what "stack quickly" means in this context. By default, a power only really activates once. This might visually look like ten blasts in a row, but it's still only one power doing its predetermined damage. What about it is supposed to stack quickly?

I'm pretty okay with the idea of something that keeps buffing itself against the same target though. The core idea could be pretty cool when applied to something else.

The problem with applying all of these random debuffs as a T4 power that can be accessed fairly early is that you don't have the power budget to make them have values worth a damn. The only thing the debuff roulette is good for is slotting a bunch of random sets since it'll qualify for slows, confuses, and whatever else it can apply.

This also feels bad to use no matter what. Sometimes you'll high roll, but most of the time you're going to get some fairly useless effects, e.g. slowing melee-range enemies or weakening minions with nothing useful to debuff.

Wait, where's Aim? Pretty sure by T5 we're supposed to have Aim on a blast set.

This is fairly unremarkable. It does damage, it reduces healing. You take it, lament its good cooldown and terrible ability to hold procs, and use it on the big bosses that regenerate a bunch of health.

Actually an interesting idea - applying crowd control in an area around a target instead of the target itself. Feels like there could be a lot of fun in that setup - maybe we copy Winter Wyvern's ultimate from DotA 2 and trap a guy while confusing and taunting all his buddies into pounding on him.

On here, though? This is an unusual amount of mezzing coming from a blast set. I think it's okay on its own, but we've got knockbacks, the debuff roulette, and now the fear. Fairly certain there are other avenues of debuffs or added effects that can be explored here.

Oh dear.

At least the imagery is cool. The amount of mezzing in the set is out of hand now though - we're starting to rival control sets, but with the damage to back it up. Theoretically, anyways - we ARE missing Aim for some reason.

No real comments here. I'd have swapped this with Chaos Wave personally so Chaos Wave's debuff roulette has room for bigger values.

Classic PBAoE Blaster nuke. I think there's room for something more interesting than just knockback, and room for a more interesting name than Eldritch Nova, but the fundamental principle matches up with all the other blast sets.

Anyways, the set has a large amount of AoE effects and way too much mezzing. If you kept it as is, it would have to lose out on damage to compensate for the mezzes, which would make Blaster users feel bad using it.

...wait, hold up.

Why is there a tenth power?!

@KingCeddd03 Serious talk: when you post threads like these and go out of the ordinary, you need to be up front about what you're doing, why you're doing it, and what you're expecting to hear from people. I have no idea why you made 12 powers instead of 9 for a set, you haven't posted any clarification yet, and there's nothing to suggest anyone should do anything other than take it at face value.

I'm not really impressed by "randomness" as a hook for anything, least of all in a game like City of Heroes with fairly determined effects on powers. At least at...T10?...this has room for big debuff values. The same problems with Chaos Wave's lack of reliability plague this one too.

...explodes into what? Confetti?

It's a big single target hit otherwise. Not much to comment on.

This really bugs me because it's breaking the general conventions of the archetypes just to make the set feel special. Since Blast sets can be used by Blasters, Corruptors, and Defenders, we are giving all three of them access to pets through this power, when they don't - and shouldn't - have pets through their powersets.

I also wish you were more specific with "multiple debuffs". There are so many different statistics you can debuff in this game, even down to esoteric stuff like endurance costs, jump height, and toxic defense. Multiple debuffs doesn't communicate nearly enough information to make a judgment about whether this is good.

In summary:

• A couple of interesting premises that would work great on a control set
  • Not actually bringing too much that's new to the scene
  • No central theme - effects are too random, sometimes literally
  • Way too much mez for a ranged damage set
  • Why are there twelve powers.
  • Needs far more detail from you - what you get out of these threads is about equal to what you put into them, and this doesn't look like you put in a lot

then u make it then.

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, megaericzero said:

I'm generally inclined to agree with you on any of these threads calling for a magic staff or spellcasting blasts to be a set instead of power customization. This eldritch blast, though, (assuming its visuals aren't spellcasting circles by default or some other shenanigans) seems no worse than Dark Blast already is. DB mentions several times in its power descriptions that you are connecting to the Netherworld and using its power for your attacks. For instance, Tenebrous Tentacles: "You can create a cone shaped rift to the Netherworld that allows its native creatures to slip their oily tentacles into our reality. These creatures will snare all foes within range, Immobilizing them while the tentacles drain their life and reduce their chance to hit."

Still not as neutral-sounding as Chaotic Blast or other names that were suggesting in response to Cedd's other threads/posts but neutral enough compared to Magic or Sorcery, I think, given DB has existed since launch.

If it was <insert not specifically obviously intended to be magic> Blast and tapped into another realm like Dark Blast does, I wouldn't have issue with it. Qlipphotic Blast set that draws power from the Qlipphoth or however it is spelled for instance. However, what we have is Eldritch Blast and the author shows his/her/their intent with the very 1st power. "Does magic damage". There is no such thing as magic damage in the game. Because magic is an origin and that origin can tap and use any damage type available just like the other origins.

Edit: Well, me not taking exception to it if it wasn't yet another blatant attempt to have a magic primary/secondary isn't true. I'd still take exception to it having 12 powers and doing so much like the author wants to make a single set that lets him/her/them be a Controller-Blaster with a manipulation or support set backing it up.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Rudra said:

If it was <insert not specifically obviously intended to be magic> Blast and tapped into another realm like Dark Blast does, I wouldn't have issue with it. Qlipphotic Blast set that draws power from the Qlipphoth or however it is spelled for instance. However, what we have is Eldritch Blast and the author shows his/her/their intent with the very 1st power. "Does magic damage". There is no such thing as magic damage in the game. Because magic is an origin and that origin can tap and use any damage type available just like the other origins.

Edit: Well, me not taking exception to it if it wasn't yet another blatant attempt to have a magic primary/secondary isn't true. I'd still take exception to it having 12 powers and doing so much like the author wants to make a single set that lets him/her/them be a Controller-Blaster with a manipulation or support set backing it up.

Sorry but your option on this does not matter go cry elsewhere. The power is what it is it cant be called anything other than what it is.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

Because if you can't convince others for a magic blast set the first hundred times, try again....

Edit: Weren't you informed requested by a GM not to pitch another eldritch set?

As the old saying goes, if you spam it, GMs will come...

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Sorry but your option on this does not matter go cry elsewhere. The power is what it is it cant be called anything other than what it is.

My opinion is as valid as yours. You posted a suggestion, I responded to it. @megaericzero replied to me, so I responded to him/her/them. You cannot prohibit me from commenting on a forum thread.

• Thumbs Up 5

28 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

then u make it then.

Okay.

I'm operating under the assumption that animations aren't a concern.

Tier 1: Scrape - Attacks the target with a summoned, ethereal claw. Deals light lethal and negative energy damage, and reduces the target's defense. Realistically you only take this while leveling.

Tier 2: Sever -  An incredibly quick animation attack that causes a slash in reality directly on the target with a small gesture. Deals lethal and negative energy damage, and inflicts a 20% resistance debuff on the target, which wears off by 5% every 2 seconds.

Tier 3: Flood -  Open a portal from your hand and flood a 180 degree cone (so, a semicircle I guess) with deadly air from whatever realm these eldritch nightmares call home. Deals negative energy damage and slows enemies hit. Rather long recharge compared to similar T3 options.

Tier 4: Grasp -  A tendril bursts from the ground underneath a target and grabs on to it, crushing it and slowing it. Deals a significant amount of smashing and negative energy damage over time. If the target was already slowed, Grasp deals increased damage and immobilizes them instead.

Tier 5: Mania -  Increases your to-hit and damage for 20 seconds. The bonus is lower than Aim at first, but increases every 5 seconds to end at 140% of Aim's normal bonus for the last 5 seconds.

Tier 6: Offering - Jagged spikes burst from portals and strike at a single target, dealing high lethal and negative energy damage and reducing the target's defense. Costs no endurance, but damages you on use.

Tier 7: Ritual - A very non-typical sniper attack that carves out the area around the target for transmission into the same realm as these eldritch creatures, dealing significant negative energy damage to the target and enemies near the target. In combat, its quick snipe only targets one enemy.

Tier 8: Torment - Haunting voices of madness infect a single target, dealing negative energy damage over time and reducing their resistance steadily over time, starting at 5% and maxing at 15%. Each time the damage ticks, it attempts to spread to two other enemies nearby.

Tier 9: Dismissal - Unseal the ground beneath you and cause a mass of tendrils to lash at all enemies in a ludicrously large area around you, dealing heavy negative energy damage and pulling them all to your location while knocking them down.

This is the best I can do, where it's less "fancy magic" and more "you're actually tag teaming with horrific eldritch beasts beyond our comprehension - or you ARE one this whole time". It's got some varied effects, and tries to bring some innovations to the table, e.g. Sever's strong-but-fading resist debuff, Mania's ramping power, Offering's health cost instead of endurance cost, and Torment's infections.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone can tear something down. The true talent is building it back up again, better than before.

On 6/24/2024 at 12:31 PM, Glacier Peak said:

As the old saying goes, if you spam it, GMs will come...

ok so i can post what i feel that needs to be talk about and what is wanted? Also this type of power has been needed in the game for years, No one needs to be convinced to have it in the games if you dont want to play it fine your loss but it should be in the game nun the less.

Edited by KingCeddd03
  • Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, CrusaderDroid said:

Okay.

I'm operating under the assumption that animations aren't a concern.

Tier 1: Scrape - Attacks the target with a summoned, ethereal claw. Deals light lethal and negative energy damage, and reduces the target's defense. Realistically you only take this while leveling.

Tier 2: Sever -  An incredibly quick animation attack that causes a slash in reality directly on the target with a small gesture. Deals lethal and negative energy damage, and inflicts a 20% resistance debuff on the target, which wears off by 5% every 2 seconds.

Tier 3: Flood -  Open a portal from your hand and flood a 180 degree cone (so, a semicircle I guess) with deadly air from whatever realm these eldritch nightmares call home. Deals negative energy damage and slows enemies hit. Rather long recharge compared to similar T3 options.

Tier 4: Grasp -  A tendril bursts from the ground underneath a target and grabs on to it, crushing it and slowing it. Deals a significant amount of smashing and negative energy damage over time. If the target was already slowed, Grasp deals increased damage and immobilizes them instead.

Tier 5: Mania -  Increases your to-hit and damage for 20 seconds. The bonus is lower than Aim at first, but increases every 5 seconds to end at 140% of Aim's normal bonus for the last 5 seconds.

Tier 6: Offering - Jagged spikes burst from portals and strike at a single target, dealing high lethal and negative energy damage and reducing the target's defense. Costs no endurance, but damages you on use.

Tier 7: Ritual - A very non-typical sniper attack that carves out the area around the target for transmission into the same realm as these eldritch creatures, dealing significant negative energy damage to the target and enemies near the target. In combat, its quick snipe only targets one enemy.

Tier 8: Torment - Haunting voices of madness infect a single target, dealing negative energy damage over time and reducing their resistance steadily over time, starting at 5% and maxing at 15%. Each time the damage ticks, it attempts to spread to two other enemies nearby.

Tier 9: Dismissal - Unseal the ground beneath you and cause a mass of tendrils to lash at all enemies in a ludicrously large area around you, dealing heavy negative energy damage and pulling them all to your location while knocking them down.

This is the best I can do, where it's less "fancy magic" and more "you're actually tag teaming with horrific eldritch beasts beyond our comprehension - or you ARE one this whole time". It's got some varied effects, and tries to bring some innovations to the table, e.g. Sever's strong-but-fading resist debuff, Mania's ramping power, Offering's health cost instead of endurance cost, and Torment's infections.

What would the visuals look like?

Just now, KingCeddd03 said:

What would the visuals look like?

Well, I gave a nice description of what every power is supposed to look like...so I guess those would be the visuals? I'm not sure what else you would call descriptions like "slash in reality", "jagged spikes burst from portals", or "cause a mass of tendrils to lash at all enemies around you".

Wil there 

On 6/24/2024 at 12:47 PM, CrusaderDroid said:

Well, I gave a nice description of what every power is supposed to look like...so I guess those would be the visuals? I'm not sure what else you would call descriptions like "slash in reality", "jagged spikes burst from portals", or "cause a mass of tendrils to lash at all enemies around you".

so like the doctor strange powers?

On 6/24/2024 at 12:43 PM, KingCeddd03 said:

ok so i can post what i feel that needs to be talk about and what is wanted? Also this type of power has been needed in the game for years, No one needs to be convinced to have it in the games if you dont want to play it fine your loss but it should be in the game nun the less.

No it shouldnt 

Its literally 11 grossly OP discombobulated powers slapped together. 

and typical ATs only get 9.

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 6/24/2024 at 9:43 AM, KingCeddd03 said:

...No one needs to be convinced to have it in the games...

This is completely untrue. Unless you can alter the game's code you need to convince the Homecoming developers to add it to the game. Now most of us in this thread aren't developers, but if you can't convince us how are you going to convince the devs to add it to the game?

That's literally the purpose of the Suggestions & Feedback forum. It gives the devs a place to look at a suggestion and then see a back and forth debate by the players (and possibly by one or more of the devs on their alt accounts) on the merits of this suggestion. Simply posting a suggestion and then attacking anyone who dislikes or disagrees with it is far less likely, in my not so humble opinion, to convince anyone to seriously consider your suggestion.

Let me know if you're interested in some tips on how to post a suggestion that the devs might actually take seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.