No Field Crafter?

Blue Jay

I have just gone through the gambit:

From https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Field_Crafter_Badge:

"*Tutorial badge: Inventor

*Crafting badges: Master Craftsman

*Memorization badges: Declining, Decaying, Despoiler, Dismantler, Medicator, Mender, Rebuilder, Revivifier, Armorer, Guardian, Protector, Security, Blinding, Beguiller, Charming, Charismatic, Energy Conservationist, Battery Powered, Nuclear Powered, Mystically Powered, Trigger Man, Hired Gun, Hit-Man, Sniper, Major, Lt. Colonel, Colonel, Major General, Munitionist, Weaponeer, Warhead, Arms Dealer, Pilgrim, Vagabond, Wanderer, Walks the Earth.

The fifth Crafting badge and the level 45-50 Memorization badges are not required."

The only badges I don't have are the 2000 inventions one and now Field Crafter, though I have side-by-sided with the list on wiki. I should have more than enough so there's some kind of problem I need help with, I believe.

• Like 1

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

I have the Field Crafter badge, so it's still there at least.

For me it popped after getting the 1000 crafts, I'd already completed all the 45-50 memorization at that point already, so it's possible that it has been changed to require those as well.

Someone in game looked through my badges and told me I missed the tutorial one. It could be that. I'm in a trial so I'll have to check in a bit. You're a bit like a celebrity to me, though, for it was your name I saw one top of the badge checklist I use or am starting to use. That's good work~

• Thanks 1

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

You're a bit like a celebrity to me, though, for it was your name I saw one top of the badge checklist I use or am starting to use. That's good work~

I've never been a celebrity before :P Glad it's useful!

It wasn't 'till your post that I learned I didn't even need to do the 45-50 memorization. I'd have done it anyway for the badges eventually but it was definitely a time-consuming albeit profitable venture once the recipes were memorized.

• 2 weeks later

I have just gone through the gambit:

From https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Field_Crafter_Badge:

"*Tutorial badge: Inventor

*Crafting badges: Master Craftsman

*Memorization badges: Declining, Decaying, Despoiler, Dismantler, Medicator, Mender, Rebuilder, Revivifier, Armorer, Guardian, Protector, Security, Blinding, Beguiller, Charming, Charismatic, Energy Conservationist, Battery Powered, Nuclear Powered, Mystically Powered, Trigger Man, Hired Gun, Hit-Man, Sniper, Major, Lt. Colonel, Colonel, Major General, Munitionist, Weaponeer, Warhead, Arms Dealer, Pilgrim, Vagabond, Wanderer, Walks the Earth.

The fifth Crafting badge and the level 45-50 Memorization badges are not required."

The only badges I don't have are the 2000 inventions one and now Field Crafter, though I have side-by-sided with the list on wiki. I should have more than enough so there's some kind of problem I need help with, I believe.

I have this exact problem myself.  I have inventor, master craftsman, and all the memorization badges (including the 45-50's), but accolade won't pop for me.  Ideas?

Gosh, I can only think you must be overlooking something.  My main on Excelsior earned the [portable workbench], created 1000K inventions (remember base Empowerment buffs count), and is still working on L45/50 memorization (so that is not a requirement.)

This was my 3rd time.  (I had 2 master craftsmen with workbench on Live: Justice and Infinity, and the 3rd time was the easiest.)  Good luck. 

You're right, John, I was overlooking something.  I missed one of the 35/40 badges and didn't see it until I went back through the list a third time today.  Accolade popped the moment I completed it.

• 1 year later
2 hours ago, Baracus said:

Ya'll can buy it from a PW2 vendor for 10,000,000. I think you need to be lvl 40-45, somewhere in there 🙂

What you are buying there is the portable workbench - handy tool to be sure.  However, earning the Field Crafter badge means memorized common IO recipes - which require NO recipe and use less INF to create.  (You still need appropriate salvage.)

P2W has nothing to do with this. (Or so I believe.)  Rather than spend 10 million INF, if one earns the Field Crafter badge the portable workbench is an automatically awarded power: ; (from one of my favorite CoH wiki pages: gaining hero badges with effects):

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Gaining_Hero_Badges_with_Effects#Field_Crafter

Note:  One nice i27 change to this is that the Summon Workbench temp power recharges after 5 minutes, not an hour, so one can keep crafting.

Edited by KvG
formatting, punctuation.

• 1 month later
On 1/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, CoX4ever said:

also for crafters. if you get both shopkeeper day job and WW day job badges logging off in either earns up to 10 crafting discount coupons  good for 25% off . combined with field crafter means more profit on sales

Do the coupons work on SetIO recipes?

Yes, they work on IO Set recipes.  I particularly like coupons for reducing the INF cost of superior (purple) very rare recipes.  Here's the wiki with full details:  https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Entrepreneur_Badge

As you can see, the coupons are in the Special tab of your salvage, and a single character may have up to a maximum of 10 of these at one time.  If you have these, when crafting at workbench, you'll see an option to click whether to apply the discount (or not).

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later