The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

what's punchy these days?

honoroit

hi dominators! 

It's me, Figs!

you might remember me from my undisputed tier listings for every class in the game way back page 6 days, my prize hog grade costumes you've seen for sale in ICON; or my builds, bases, and general homecoming server forums fame!

Anyway, I've returned.

But there's a boggle, maybe you can help me figure this out -

- mind control TK has changed: i liked old TK being a hold, on dom to stack mag on hard things.  its 16 targets and plays a dance with levitate similar to splash from propel.  but its an immobilize now - so those mobs gonna be pissed.  Q: they can shoot you while being repelled?

- arsenal control: not sold, probably will try soonish, but i dont wanna deal with draw animations on my return to paragon/the-isles.

I'm looking for punchy...

candidates:

- plant/earth: good melee smash, seeds o' confuse, creepers

- elec / earth: it'd be a reroll tho. the sleep patch in elec is hard to beat. ppl skip gremlins but theyre a distraction. good melee

--> Q: maybe elec / elec for theme tho...

- ice/something:  I have NEVER played up an ice dom, they seem so lackluster and at higher levels does slow even work (like at all)?

--> Q: does anything go nice with ice? savage for warp to pbaoe?

- mind / ??: mind has always been my favorite, but I have doubts about the changed TK

-- /energy : might be worth a whirl

-- /dark: the cones are too thin tho

-- /fire: bet you can use TK for bonfire?

what's best for dominator these days?

Edited by honoroit
tk and bonfire

What's the best domi? I've been playing them lots lately and its a pretty easy answer for me. Arsenal is no. 1 and its not even close. Stealth included allowing you to run into a mob with a huge patch of confusion and - to hit/sleep/knockdown and hold, with the only pet that comes with taunt included. I've been running it with arsenal/martial arts/psi after trying it on a bunch of controllers and finding it far superior on domi's. 

Arse/psi for me. With teleport pool i can drop my tri-cannon into a mob to take alphas and taunt and dump all the patches on it then fold space extra mobs. Psi fixes any endurance issues i may have running a load of toggles which lets me run sorcery's spirit ward on the pet making it relatively unkillable. Psy shockwave stacks the stun with flashbang and subdue provides an immob thats missing from the primary. I've yet to find anything it can't handle if i'm careful.

But if your looking for punchy....i go elec/earth and ice/earth, elecs nice and safe thanks to the awesome sleep patch and end drain, ice can get a bit iffy if the mob isn't mezzed right away.

I've been trying the new tk-levitate combo with mind and its been fun although lacks in damage it does pull the mob together nice and tight for the rest of your controls and damage but it doesn't recharge anywhere near fast enough to be properly useful. I run it with /fire /energy /dark.

Been running ice with /martial /sonic /ice /earth, i like martial and earth for the extra knockdown mid mob.

Have you considered illusion? Its great fun on domi's and works with all secondaries.

Ty for infos @Meknomancer --

Stealth, huh? It's handy on the fortunana and in illu with superior invis. Back up a bit and it repops so you're not mown down.

Tk and draw in, I'd probably make a gravity if I want to pull together for other team members who can exploit that far more than a domi/controller.

Hmmm. I'll look more closely at the new one.

2 hours ago, honoroit said:

Ty for infos @Meknomancer --

Stealth, huh? It's handy on the fortunana and in illu with superior invis. Back up a bit and it repops so you're not mown down.

Tk and draw in, I'd probably make a gravity if I want to pull together for other team members who can exploit that far more than a domi/controller.

Hmmm. I'll look more closely at the new one.

With the arsenal/psi fold space gets me a huge drain psyche and everythings in range of psi shockwave and inside the radius of all the patch control mezzes and in tri-cannons taunt range. And who doesn't love a tightly packed mob.

earth if you want mostly melee

energy if you want kinda mostly melee

everything else is a mix of ranged/melee

best use of the new telekinesis are ranged things.  /fire because cone.  savage because teleport attack after they bunch up, etc

also you cant have telekinesis and bonfire

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

On 7/23/2024 at 12:52 PM, kelika2 said:

also you cant have telekinesis and bonfire

I'm blending blaster.

Sleet / ice storm, I should have written. Or the tornado'ey one out of shark patron.

You probably understand, positioning onto a pseudopet / patch effect.

I imagine its annoyingly repetitive to levitate to cluster mobs, as mind doesn't immob -> keeping monsters on a patch would require almost constant spam of levitate to achieve.

I really like how mind looks, and it's quick activation feel. But it is underpowered when compared to dark, arsenal, symphony, elec, earth...

13 hours ago, honoroit said:

I'm blending blaster.

Sleet / ice storm, I should have written. Or the tornado'ey one out of shark patron.

You probably understand, positioning onto a pseudopet / patch effect.

I imagine its annoyingly repetitive to levitate to cluster mobs, as mind doesn't immob -> keeping monsters on a patch would require almost constant spam of levitate to achieve.

I really like how mind looks, and it's quick activation feel. But it is underpowered when compared to dark, arsenal, symphony, elec, earth...

New tk in mind is classed as a mag 4 immob apparently. I never noticed when i was testing it but it wasn't for long. It does take immob sets. 

• Like 1