Energy Punchy/Shooty: Which A/T

Thank you for joining.

I've been away from the game for a year, and before jumping into my usual melee AT, I decided to bring a character concept I have to life.

Attacks need to be a good mix of punches and blasts that could be considered some form of energy.

I'm making him loosely based on Havok, one of my favorite mutant heroes.

I play a mix of solo and PuGs.

In the past I've always judged my toons effectiveness on being able to solo at least some A/V's.

Would you go PB?

Sentinel?

Dom?

My enquiring mind wants to know...

37 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

loosely based on Havok

Then I'd probably go with an energy/energy blaster.  You could then take the Mace Mastery PPP for an energy shield, and perhaps boxing, tough, and weave if you wanted to further bolster his durability.  

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Microphone 1

55 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Thank you for joining.

I've been away from the game for a year, and before jumping into my usual melee AT, I decided to bring a character concept I have to life.

Attacks need to be a good mix of punches and blasts that could be considered some form of energy.

I'm making him loosely based on Havok, one of my favorite mutant heroes.

I play a mix of solo and PuGs.

In the past I've always judged my toons effectiveness on being able to solo at least some A/V's.

Would you go PB?

Sentinel?

Dom?

My enquiring mind wants to know...

I Agree with @biostem and would also make an Energy/Energy Blaster.  Energy punching and shooting right there.  You can solo and be survivable as well.  

• Thumbs Up 1

One of my first-ever toons on Live was a NRG/NRG blaster, and I remade him on HC.  I also modified the concept to an NRG/Martial/Force Mastery blaster and since that pantheon of Marvel heroes also trained in the martial arts, you might consider that combo.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I also recommend Energy/Energy Blaster. I soloed all the Task Force Commander TFs, so you can definitely solo AVs. No tricks needed, just some purple inspirations and Energy's massive damage output.

3 hours ago, tidge said:

Energy Blast / Martial Arts Blaster.

I second this choice; one of my favorite blasters to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I second this choice; one of my favorite blasters to play.

This combo is an absolute hoot! With the passives from Martial Arts, leveraging Burst of Speed pretty much allows for a seamless shift between melee and ranged combat. Combat Teleport allows other combinations to do the same, of course.

It may not feel much like "Havok" but only because classic Havok is IMO pretty much designed to be a ranged-exclusive.... which might be more "Sentinel" than "Blaster".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

NRG^3 was my main on live also when it was hard and I was stupid, kb to kd didn't exist back then unless you just used hover all the time.  On Homecoming attempted to recreate.  Whent full on Blapper and I might have bought all the kb to kd that one day.