Can we get No Fade or a Lesser Fade for Superior Invisibility?

Hey there, I recently finished took one of my "main" toons to 50 and started my usual altitis trying to find something new to play now that I was done with him. I decided to an Illusion/MA dom, came up with the idea of him being a "Hollywood" style hero since all his powers are special FX, or martial arts training that came with a being stunt-man. Make a bombastic style costume Booster Gold style to reflect the Hollywood bit and he really started enjoying how he was coming around. Then I remembered Superior Invisibility coming at 8. My now over the top center of attention character was cloaked almost completely 24/7 and kind of killed the excitement I had for the character. You could say skip it, but it's a big deal for the set, and helps LoTG slotting for perma dom. Other drastic stealth powers like Warshade's shadow cloak got a no fade option and I'm hoping illusionists can get it too.

Edited by MagicalAct
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can actually disable the fade effect from any stealth power by entering a supergroup base, going into edit mode, and then exiting edit mode.

image.png.8772428e3988aa22be56d44aa526e101.png

This persists as long as you remain in the base.

It's a super practical and easy workaround that I don't understand why everyone doesn't do

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

It's a super practical and easy workaround that I don't understand why everyone doesn't do

Because you can't do missions in your SG base? 

And, I imagine there are still folks out their that don't have base editing privileges in their sg. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Because you can't do missions in your SG base? 

And, I imagine there are still folks out their that don't have base editing privileges in their sg. 

Dang, I had my money on Rudra being the one to take the obvious joke at face value

While not against it just for the sake of consistency... I would still say "skip it." Or, since you want it for an IO mule, "take and don't use it, if it doesn't fit your character." (Or grab Stealth instead in the meantime.)

(And really, I tend to consider PA the actual "big deal" for the set. SI is nice, but... )

Could also just take Maneuvers from the Leadership pool if you want a defense power that doesn't apply translucency. Has a base 2.63% defense instead of Superior Invisibility's 2.25%, still takes LotG enhancements, and doesn't hide your character. You would just lose the 200 feet stealth radius and -100 threat level. (And thematically, it would make sense. As an experienced stunt man/martial artist, your character would probably have the knowledge base to help others avoid unnecessary harm in their adventures. And as a bombastic attention seeker, your character probably wouldn't be making use of the stealth and threat reduction.)

4 hours ago, Vanden said:

Dang, I had my money on Rudra being the one to take the obvious joke at face value

Well...you got me. I don't really keep up with such things, so ya got me. 

2 minutes ago, Ukase said:
4 hours ago, Vanden said:

Well...you got me. I don't really keep up with such things, so ya got me. 

Naw, you responded before I saw it. The comment made no sense to me, but lacked any provided indicators of being a joke. If you hadn't already responded, I would have.