About to embark on rewriting the Experience page

BlackSpectre

I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm getting ready to completely rewrite the Experience page. https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Experience

I've been working on figuring out all the variables involved in calculating XP gain from critters, and I'm pretty sure I've figured out the formula which includes additional reference tables.  It might not be right away as I want to sit down and verify the method for awarding mission completion XP rewards first.

In the past when I've edited pre-existing pages, I've tried to make as few changes as possible, going so far as to keep even the formatting, organization, and wording in the page. That's my homage to the previous Paragon Wiki editors that came before me. However, there's enough new information about experience that it might be worth rewriting the entire page.  I can say the information that's there now will be retained, more or less, but a lot more will be added and the organization of the page might need to be revamped. I won't be entirely sure until I actually do it and see what really needs to be done.

My question is, would anyone like me to write up  the new experience page and post it at the HC forums for you to look over before I edit the page? Or would you like me to do that on the page's talk page? or just edit the page with the option to revert it? This last option is easiest, but I'm open to alternatives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later

Well, it's taking longer than I anticipated. I've had very little time to log in and test the numbers I have. So far I've tested and vetted everything except the team size bonuses for teams of 5, 7, and 8. So almost done.  If you'd like to see what I've done so far, you can look at the revised Experience page work in progress here https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/User:BlackSpectre/Testthis

Also if you have any suggestions I'm happy to hear them. 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

Thanks BlackSpectre! Knowing the good work that you do I am sure it will look great. I have slightly more free time for testing stuff now than I did a few weeks/months ago, so if you need any help testing anything just let me know.