Snipe and Assassin Strike

These skill are interrupted when you receive a buff. It would be nice if theses skill ignored the interrupt from buff while your casting, as you lose the End and it is annoying when your trying hit a mob when Speed Boost or Increase Density hits you mid combat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Neither snipes nor assassin strikes have an interrupt time when they are used mid combat. Both have a quick version that gets used while you are already fighting. You only have the interrupt time if you are using them out of combat like sniping a distant foe to pull the spawn or drop like a Sapper before the fight with that spawn starts.

22 hours ago, Rudra said:

Neither snipes nor assassin strikes have an interrupt time when they are used mid combat. Both have a quick version that gets used while you are already fighting. You only have the interrupt time if you are using them out of combat like sniping a distant foe to pull the spawn or drop like a Sapper before the fight with that spawn starts.

Have your played Stalker? Guile ATO has a Hide Proc. Placate...Stalker has multiple ways to Assassin Strike is combat.
And as for Snipe, you can still be interrupted when trying to fire it off at the start of combat if you get hit by the buffs.

1 hour ago, Darkkinoto said:

Have your played Stalker?

Yes.

Guile ATO has a Hide Proc.

Yes, it does. And I use it. That does not change that in combat, AS uses its quick version under most circumstances.

And as for Snipe, you can still be interrupted when trying to fire it off at the start of combat if you get hit by the buffs.

Thank you for quoting me without reading what I posted. Like I said:

You only have the interrupt time if you are using them out of combat like sniping a distant foe to pull the spawn or drop like a Sapper before the fight with that spawn starts.

Snipe can be interrupted by being buffed, by being damaged, and by simply moving any little bit for any reason when used in long form. Snipe uses the short form during combat, and you said

On 9/3/2024 at 10:55 AM, Darkkinoto said:

hits you mid combat.

Snipe uses its short form mid combat. And the short form cannot be interrupted.

On 9/3/2024 at 12:20 PM, Rudra said:

I think the confusion here is just the somewhat sloppy multiple game definitions of "combat."

We have mechanically "in combat / out of combat" that affects long and short versions of snipe and AS.

We have "I'm in a mission/my team is fighting" ... let's call it social or overall action definition of combat.

Scenario:

Melee prepares to engage mob of Malta. Blaster sees a Sapper - Blaster hasn't attacked anything, they're (mechanically) "out of combat" despite (socially - target picked, they're aiming at the sapper and starting the snipe) "in combat." Friendly buffer says "Missed you in the buff!" and hits blaster with buff. Buff interrupts (mechanically "out of combat") snipe that they were trying to use in (socially) combat to take out the sapper, snipe fails, END is taken anyway.  (Or they hit the Stalker who was not being engaged or targeted, thus having the mechanically out-of-combat full AS while being socially in-combat while buffing the tank with an AOE buff.)

Short form reword of the OP? "Don't have friendly buffs interrupt long snipe or long AS, many buffs currently do and they cost the END and time already spent."

And I still want a "disable fast snipe" IO.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

I was able to confirm that Fortitude does NOT interrupt powers. Are you saying that other powers like Speed Boost behave differently?

Edit: I tested Speed Boost, since OP specifically mentioned it, and it does not interrupt powers either.

image.png.9d44983b412fe2b02dff7079daf43d3b.png

Edited by Vanden

As Vanden said...

I was able to confirm that Fortitude does NOT interrupt powers. Are you saying that other powers like Speed Boost behave differently?

Edit: I tested Speed Boost, since OP specifically mentioned it, and it does not interrupt powers either.

I play a lot of Stalkers and Blasters (granted, Slow AS gets used less with the stalker proc), but I still cant even think of a buff knocking me off doing either slow attack.