Use gold titles for more then just costume contest winners

Laucianna

I am sure most of us have seen people with gold titles above their heads that 90% of the time is costume contest related, however they are also given out to people who help run bases during Halloween and other reasons.

My suggestion would to also use these to show recognition towards people in the community who also run events that help keep the game alive and thriving ❤️ I say people like Veracor on Everlasting or Okie on Excelsior are two prime examples of great additions to the community so having a gold title that they can customize (within reason of course) of would be a kind way for the Homecoming team to recognize their work in a public way and maybe even encourage others to start leading more content in order to get one 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

Would that be set to their account rather than the character?  And what if they're running a second or third account?  I'm certain Okie has been running events on multiple characters.  Either that or someone is really skilled at imitating him.

I do agree some sort of stand-out recognition is in order for those who consistently go above and beyond.  Is gold lettering the way to go?  Not sure.  Haven't we had a history where devs have handed out gold titling for fun stuff beyond what you mentioned?   I think the OG devs used to do this for fun but silly reasons when they'd make appearances in the game.

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

Would that be set to their account rather than the character?  And what if they're running a second or third account?  I'm certain Okie has been running events on multiple characters.  Either that or someone is really skilled at imitating him.

I do agree some sort of stand-out recognition is in order for those who consistently go above and beyond.  Is gold lettering the way to go?  Not sure.  Haven't we had a history where devs have handed out gold titling for fun stuff beyond what you mentioned?   I think the OG devs used to do this for fun but silly reasons when they'd make appearances in the game.

That would be up to the Homecoming team if they want to limit it to their main or be on 3-5 characters ❤️ Gold lettering is just a free way to recognize the work they put in, it's not a special badge that badgers would want access to, it's not an extra power, it's just a cute little title they could have specially for them 🙂 And yeah the current Homecoming team have been known to hand out temporary golden titles that are funny and unique like "I went innertubing with Arcanum" 

• Thumbs Up 2

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

I like the idea.

It does diminish the titles a bit.

Is it feasible to have a different color? A highly visible one? 

If not, then roll with gold.

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

5 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

I like the idea.

I *think* (though it's been a while) the gold titles are separate from whatever the regular titles are - so you couldn't accidentally lose your "2023 navel lint picking champion" because you clicked on a badge title. I don't know if the gold's a side effect of that or otherwise able to be specified.

Aside from that, I'd have to ask - who's doing the determination of who gets them and what they are? What's the cutoff?

Veracor would have been a perfect "ok, obvious example," with the single character he ran raids and such on continuously 'til he hit 40k VL, sure. Or Dacy with all the base building. But what about people who keep a large SG running - which is decidedly work, having done that in the past? Or the people going to DJ events - which maybe not many know, but which can also be a good bit of work to set up continually?

Who sets the "must be this tall to ride" sign and how are people recognized? I basically would just hate for this to be nothing but a popularity contest if it were done..

• Like 2
  • Microphone 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Aside from that, I'd have to ask - who's doing the determination of who gets them and what they are? What's the cutoff?

Veracor would have been a perfect "ok, obvious example," with the single character he ran raids and such on continuously 'til he hit 40k VL, sure. Or Dacy with all the base building. But what about people who keep a large SG running - which is decidedly work, having done that in the past? Or the people going to DJ events - which maybe not many know, but which can also be a good bit of work to set up continually?

Who sets the "must be this tall to ride" sign and how are people recognized? I basically would just hate for this to be nothing but a popularity contest if it were done..

Obviously it would be a nebulous group of people from The City Council, or with direct personal connections to them: handled in a completely opaque way with no stated reasoning nor feedback... you silly billy.  The invisible hand would pick the Gold Title winners, and any threads asking for more transparency would be trolled by the usual suspects and subsequently locked by GMs.  You know how this works. 

• Like 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

I like the idea.

As Greycat said the gold titles were separate from the badge titles you can pick 🙂

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

I would say the Homecoming team, as they already do this with certain posts on the forums and on the discord which so far I have seen little complaint about what is and isn't pinned (Granted I haven't looked for it so I could be highly wrong and everyone hates pinned posts 😄 ) I do have faith the team can see who is putting in a lot of effort to keep the game running and fun for other players ❤️

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

4 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Also, would Goddess of Kheldians be the kind of title we are talking about here?

That would be up to the Homecoming team as I believe they are all aware of my desire for that title 😄 But even if I am not considered for it I am more then happy if it means others are and get that public sign of thanks! Plus it gives me another thing to aim for

For clarity each person would get a title that they chose the name of within reason, not everyone gets the same title of "Content runner" for instance

Edited by Laucianna
For clarity each person would get a title that they chose the name of within reason, not everyone gets the same title of "Content runner" for instance

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

I appreciate the sentiment, while also acknowledging that @Laucianna and several others do a lot more for the community than I do. I just have a good PR team here at Oklahoman, Inc.

I agree with incentivizing leadership, and over the years I've suggested several things related to that. I think it should be stuff that happens automatically and objectively, and doesn't rely on some vague process including subjective criteria. We can have special temp powers, inspirations, or titles that are purchasable from Luna once you hit vet level "X", or after you've led a certain number of things, or whatever. We seem to be pretty good about counting stuff that happens in the game, why can't we count that you've led Posi 1 twenty times and thereby unlock a temp power you can get that? And, we can make those special things only work if you are a team or league leader at that moment, or for at least 5 minutes, or whatever.

Heck, we seem to like creating new currencies, so why not create "Leadership Coins" or whatever? If you lead a team at Mission Complete, you get 1 Leadership Coin. If you are the league leader at mission complete, you get 5. Whatever that looks like, then you can spend those Leadership Coins on stuff like a standardized gold title, special temp powers, special inspirations, etc. Personally, I think we need to be shedding currencies rather than creating new ones, but if we're going to create new currencies I think doing so to incentivize leadership in the game is a good investment in the community.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

16 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

If so, I don't think Oklahoman would want that title.

I don't not want that title.

• Haha 3

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

I support this, but want clarification on how you earn this.

Leading X number of TF/SF Raids?

Maybe StoryArcs? 

Fairly high number of one or do you have to do multiple?

Is it to be seen during the run? Could it be some Click Aura or Click Costume bit(like Halloween Event) The Purple Cape of Leadership ... ok that is terrible but you get the idea

Or is it more an acknowledgment of your service? Still good

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

1 hour ago, JasperStone said:

I support this, but want clarification on how you earn this.

Leading X number of TF/SF Raids?

Maybe StoryArcs? 

Fairly high number of one or do you have to do multiple?

Is it to be seen during the run? Could it be some Click Aura or Click Costume bit(like Halloween Event) The Purple Cape of Leadership ... ok that is terrible but you get the idea

Or is it more an acknowledgment of your service? Still good

The reason I suggest a title is because it does not affect your costume at all, as personally I am very fond of how I look so a special aura or Cape would not be incentive to me in fact it would be the opposite 😄 And for how to earn it, at least how I envision (Obviously it doesn't have to be this way) would be a judgement call on the Homecoming team, similar to how certain things are pinned at the top of forums and the discord channels ❤️ Once you start to make it a checkbox it feels less like a personal appreciation award from the Homecoming team and more of a company policy like when work sends you a birthday card

• Thumbs Up 1

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

1 minute ago, Laucianna said:

The reason I suggest a title is because it does not affect your costume at all, as personally I am very fond of how I look so a special aura or Cape would not be incentive to me in fact it would be the opposite 😄 And for how to earn it, at least how I envision (Obviously it doesn't have to be this way) would be a judgement call on the Homecoming team, similar to how certain things are pinned at the top of forums and the discord channels ❤️ Once you start to make it a checkbox it feels less like a personal appreciation award from the Homecoming team and more of a company policy like when work sends you a birthday card

Got it!

Make it so!

• Like 1

• Retired Community Rep

I think giving every player the option to apply/request a custom title is a good idea. Folks could request stuff for flavour like a "Goddess of Kheldians" or "Crey Sponsored Superhero" title. But they could also request more functional ones like "Base Builder" or "Speedrunner" or "PvPer".

This request could be done via an official form of some kind. And would have guidelines on what is/is not allowed. (Nothing that implies a leadership role, nothing that indicates you represent HC, nothing that implies seniority/authority, nothing that contradicts the lore, nothing offensive, etc.)

If everyone can apply (maybe make being able to apply a reward for having been here 1 year?) then it helps avoid the haves vs have nots that gold titles create.

Would be more work for a very stretched, unpaid, volunteer GM team, though.

Edited by Americas Angel
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

1 hour ago, Americas Angel said:

I think giving every player the option to apply/request a custom title is a good idea. Folks could request stuff for flavour like a "Goddess of Kheldians" or "Crey Sponsored Superhero" title. But they could also request more functional ones like "Base Builder" or "Speedrunner" or "PvPer".

This request could be done via an official form of some kind. And would have guidelines on what is/is not allowed. (Nothing that implies a leadership role, nothing that indicates you represent HC, nothing that implies seniority/authority, nothing that contradicts the lore, nothing offensive, etc.)

If everyone can apply (maybe make being able to apply a reward for having been here 1 year?) then it helps avoid the haves vs have nots that gold titles create.

Would be more work for a very stretched, unpaid, volunteer GM team, though.

Brilliant idea yeah! The less work for the Homecoming team is always better in my books ❤️ 

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

On 9/25/2024 at 6:14 AM, Greycat said:

Could not agree more.  Nice sentiment behind the idea, but doesn't work in reality.

• Like 2

Oooooh, requesting custom titles: that could be fun.  I can think of someone who could really use "Keeper of Secrets" as a title.  As for myself, can't go wrong with something volcano-themed... I already use my badge titles and supergroup name for that.

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

16 hours ago, Excraft said:

Could not agree more.  Nice sentiment behind the idea, but doesn't work in reality.

It's not a perfect solution but I am happy to hear how it can be more fair ❤️ I think @Americas Angel's suggestion is a great improvement on what I initially posted for instance 🙂

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

25 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

It's not a perfect solution but I am happy to hear how it can be more fair ❤️ I think @Americas Angel's suggestion is a great improvement on what I initially posted for instance 🙂

Gold titles aren't something meant for everyone, so I don't think everyone should have them.  It's HC's server.  Let them hand out gold titles as they see fit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Excraft said:

Gold titles aren't something meant for everyone, so I don't think everyone should have them.  It's HC's server.  Let them hand out gold titles as they see fit.

I get that hence why I am not saying everyone gets one, it will be 100% up to the Homecoming team on who gets one and who doesn't (Exactly as it is atm as custom perma gold titles already exist out there) But just for some consideration towards people who keep server events running too, giving people things to do as I have seen the effects on a server when there are no event leaders how it gets a lot harder to form them ❤️  

• Like 1

❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️

3 hours ago, Excraft said:

I don't think GL is suggesting everyone SHOULD have them, and I do think she is suggesting the HC staff should be the ones giving them out. It sounds like you both are on the same page, actually.

Personally, I'd rather promote leadership by having it be something built into the game that you can work towards that doesn't require a GM to do anything. Example: If you've led 100 successful radio missions, you can go to Luna/START/ATM/whatever and claim a gold title - maybe "Radio Mission Expert" or something cooler than that. Same with any other strike force, task force, trial, or whatever. After you have access to a certain number of gold titles, or a certain mix of gold titles, a new one pops up - "Community Leader" or something cooler than that. I don't have a suggestion for the full selection of titles, just the concept of a plan.

I understand that feels less personal than a GM giving you the title. My only concern is the work it would create for staff to do it that way, and the perceived unfairness of "Why does Okie get Goddess of Kheldians and I don't?" which I totally deserve, btw.