Should We Update The Incomplete and Unofficial Guide to /bind?

BlackSpectre

Should we update The Incomplete and Unofficial Guide to /bind? As I said in its talk page, I'm a bit hesitant about changing anything in it. It's been THE guide players have gone to in order to learn keybinding since the beginning of the game. However, there are some important things that could be added from my own Advanced Bind Guide, new discoveries from the Homecoming forums, and from recent updates to the binding system in the game (Issue 27 Page 7). 

After reading its talk/discussion page, it's clear that @Curveball's guide was rewritten by a team of Paragon Wiki editors with @Curveball's permission. In fact, @curveball even joins in on the discussion and offers his approval of the changes. 

The guide is stamped with the standard wiki warning "This is a players guide, we disavow all responsibility for it". The guide was originally written by a player, yet because wiki editors played a major part in rewriting it, I kind of feel like the wiki version is not really a player's guide... but rather a wiki guide (if there is such a thing?). The information in it is accurate, authoritative, and proven. If you read it, not a lot of opinion is in the guide either. So... I feel like we should remove that tag and make it an official wiki document. Make it authoritative. What do you think?

Re: updating... if we decide it's a good thing to update the guide, anyone interested  could work together with me many different ways. I could take the lead, for example, and suggest changes for discussion, or we could do something else. We could discuss it here, or on its talk page...  but first thing's first... should we edit it at all?

Edited by BlackSpectre
typos

I say edit away, and make it an official wiki document. I certainly appreciate the effort of past editors, but my personal opinion is that if the page is no longer accurate or could otherwise be edited to convey its information more efficiently, then it should be edited to correct those issues. Paragon wiki will stand for all time as a snapshot in time to preserve the work of editors past. This is Homecoming, and I have no problem with any change that needs to be made to make the HC wiki represent the game as it is now. Again, just one man's opinion.