QoL suggestions

DuHast

This thread is all about Quality of Life feature suggestions

Here are a few of mine;

1. Make salvage stacks count as "Per stack" instead of total for SG salvage bins. Right now, its far too easy to run out of room in a SG salvage bin and have to build another.

2. Make SG salvage bins limit cap from 100 to 1,000

3. Make SG storage bins searchable

4. Allow the "/ah" command to be used in bases.

5. Make a new SG object that "pulls" needed salvage from your bins to the crafting table, possibly unlocked with a new badge.

6. Let the players design new base content

7. Re-enable base raids in what ever form its at, just for the fun of it.

8. Have a costume design contest where players submit their own artwork to be voted on and turned into future costume part/set (if you guys have the ability)

I'm sure there are TONS of QoL ideas out there, but these are just a few of mine.

I’m all for increasing the caps on the bins. I’d also like to see that done with transporters. I’m a minimalist and why have 5 transporter pads when just 1 will do?

Likewise, can we get an O portal as a base item?

Numbers 1 and 2 feel like one or the other will do, and both would be overkill. I like the first one better though, but I have no idea why the original developers designed it the current way (I think to stimulate the market more by keeping people from being hoarders, but with the market artificially kept low via dev introduced salvage, I don’t see why this would be a reason currently).

3 might be just too much of a hassle to code for minimal pay off. I would like it if things would stop readjusting their orders as I’m trying to click something three times.

Number 4 has been addressed, and I can’t argue with it, honestly. The fact we even have /ah is a blessing imho.

5 feels a lot like 3, in that while I have no idea how the code looks, I imagine that would be a bit of a stretch to do.

For 7, without functional limits on what can be created, base raiding probably wouldn’t be as fun as you think. Defenders could just load up as much bank as they want since they don’t have to actually pay for anything. While I was never a huge fan of base raiding before, I don’t see it improved with unlimited resources.

I wouldn’t mind the Ouro portal as a base teleporter though. Or even as just a new base teleporter location. And allowing all / more teleporter destinations per telepad.

What I really want for myself are Customizable Titles.

What about making the salvage racks link when shoved together?

Shame the /ah is a technical limit, I'd love base access, even via a terminal like the Merit ATM.

The pillar of Ice and Flame is the Ourborous base item.

I would like it if things would stop readjusting their orders as I'm trying to click something three times.

THIS!

Indomitable Heroes: Catgoyle, Toxia, Roberta XR-523, Guardian Clara, Street Cleaner, Princess Cuppycakes

Indomitable Villains: Fluffums, Freeloadin' Freddy, Beatrix the Bunneh, Cheese Thief

For 7, without functional limits on what can be created, base raiding probably wouldn’t be as fun as you think. Defenders could just load up as much bank as they want since they don’t have to actually pay for anything. While I was never a huge fan of base raiding before, I don’t see it improved with unlimited resources.

Actually the biggest argument against base raiding is that the devs would have to re-implement base pathing. When bases were originally released they had a lot of rules regarding pathing and object clipping that were done to ensure that you couldn't (for example) wall your base entrance off with indestructible cosmetic items to completely stop raids.

Once the devs decided that there was no point in fixing raids they turned a bunch of that stuff off which allowed for even more creativity for base designs.

Defender Smash!

Very true. Custom-ability makes exploitable content. Human nature at its best. If it could be done, I would suggest removing the phys-box (described in SDK, many other terms for it) and dimming translucency of all decorations and barricades.

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

Most of the teleporters can take 10 beacons.

Why would you need an Oro portal in your base when a teleporter does so much more? Is it really that hard to ask in broadcast for someone to drop an oro portal so you can run and grab the badge?

I would rather they focus on actual QoL things that limit people instead of things like this which just seem unecessarry.

I’m all for increasing the caps on the bins. I’d also like to see that done with transporters. I’m a minimalist and why have 5 transporter pads when just 1 will do?

Why would you need an Oro portal in your base when a teleporter does so much more? Is it really that hard to ask in broadcast for someone to drop an oro portal so you can run and grab the badge?

You don't even need to do. You can set a teleporter to Echo: Galaxy City. The train there connects to Ouro, so you can actually get to Ouro through your base if you want.

Defender Smash!

1 or 2, and 5.

One problem with #5, though, would be that it would have to be tied into the salvage permissions.

If a player can not take a thing from a salvage rack directly then they shouldn't be allowed to remove those items through a recipe, either.

That may be too much work.

Increase influence gain, lower enhancement costs, or both.

Not having the INF to keep my enhancements up to snuff is something I don't miss about CoH.

Get some Reward Merits, spend them on Enhancement Converters and sell those on the AH. Then use your money to buy level 25 IOs from the AH. You'll be set until 50 and/or until you decide to start working on sets.

Some random stuff:

• Allow us to click on the monorail doors and select a destination even when the doors are open.
  • Would it be possible to go through various maps and revisit collision boxes? Why do I get stopped dead in my tracks by an 8" curb? And maybe reduce or eliminate collision boxes for wall torches, overturned chairs, and other various things that my character would really just step over.
  • Allow us to set contacts to inactive ourselves. I have like ten First Ward and Night Ward contacts cluttering up my contacts list.
  • On the minimap, when we zoom out to "city" level, let us zoom into a zone that we're not currently in. Specifically, let us see mission location markers on those zones, so I know if I want to go to Independence Port North or Independence Port South.
  • If a zone instance is full and therefore inaccessible, hide it from the list of zones in the monorail and similar popups. Or at least maybe provide an option to hide it in the game settings.
  • I know this will be contentious but I would love a character portrait up by my level indicator, a la WoW. I dunno why, I just want to see my character's face.

Maybe less QoL and more Feature Request:

• Keybind request: Add a distance condition to all target_x binds. This condition would select the target if you don't already have another target selected within that distance. For example, target_enemy_near_10 would select the nearest enemy if you don't already have something selected within 10 feet. If you have something else selected and it's within 10 feet, the bind does nothing.
  • Allow us to target map waypoints with a target bind. Like target_map University would drop a pin on the university, if there is one. Not sure what to do if there's more than one of a thing.
  • Find a few cheap voice actors and record some jump-grunt alternatives. Why does my hulking Brute sound like my svelte Scrapper? Or at least allow us to silence those per character.

Some random stuff:

• Allow us to click on the monorail doors and select a destination even when the doors are open.
  • Would it be possible to go through various maps and revisit collision boxes? Why do I get stopped dead in my tracks by an 8" curb? And maybe reduce or eliminate collision boxes for wall torches, overturned chairs, and other various things that my character would really just step over.
  • Allow us to set contacts to inactive ourselves. I have like ten First Ward and Night Ward contacts cluttering up my contacts list.
  • On the minimap, when we zoom out to "city" level, let us zoom into a zone that we're not currently in. Specifically, let us see mission location markers on those zones, so I know if I want to go to Independence Port North or Independence Port South.
  • If a zone instance is full and therefore inaccessible, hide it from the list of zones in the monorail and similar popups. Or at least maybe provide an option to hide it in the game settings.
  • I know this will be contentious but I would love a character portrait up by my level indicator, a la WoW. I dunno why, I just want to see my character's face.

I like these.

If I open the city map and click on a zone, then yeah, go to that zone map and let me see what's what, including mission markers and where the fire or whatever is.

Hiding the "full" zones would cut down on at least a little scrolling and seems like the sort of thing that should have been thought of by the devs.  Makes me wonder if there isn't some difficulty there.

And while I am not so enthusiastic about a character picture, I would like to be able to get a full body image of other players when I click info.

The headshot and background/origin if they typed one is all well and good, but if I want to see someone else's costume I have to hope that they stand still for a while.

Some random stuff:

+1 to all of these...

For the first bullet about zone instances, you might want to check out this thread, and +1 if you agree

For the 2nd bullet - why would it be contentious?  It's a +1 for me, but it would very low on my priority list

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

For the first bullet about zone instances, you might want to check out this thread, and +1 if you agree

For the 2nd bullet - why would it be contentious?  It's a +1 for me, but it would very low on my priority list

I'll check it out, thanks.

Regarding the portrait, I'm not sure why. I suggested it years ago on live and got some enthusiastic feedback...

Increase influence gain, lower enhancement costs, or both.

Not having the INF to keep my enhancements up to snuff is something I don't miss about CoH.

Edit to reword my post:

I'd like a 50% Inf booster as a counterpoint to the various XP boosters.

Indomitable Heroes: Catgoyle, Toxia, Roberta XR-523, Guardian Clara, Street Cleaner, Princess Cuppycakes

Indomitable Villains: Fluffums, Freeloadin' Freddy, Beatrix the Bunneh, Cheese Thief