Defeat Calvin Scott mission. How?

TheSwamper

I've been running solo missions on +2 x2 with few issues. Even red elite bosses die without too much trouble.

This mission, I don't understand what's going on.  After dying 3 times trying to beat this guy, I lowered the mission as much as I can.  I defeated all his minions easily, then I get teleported to an area surrounded by lava that you can't run out of.  No problem, it's one elite boss that cons yellow. 

Yet I can barely budge this guy's health, even with a bunch of inspirations. I can't lock him down at all except immobilize, and then he's still stunning me, and exploding, killing me and my imps. My repel has no effect, my bonfire has no effect, my char or cinders never locks him down.

After 5 tries, the closest I've gotten is to get him to half health.  WTF is it with this boss?  I'm not having this issue on any other.

Its post-going-rogue content.  The default difficulty setting for anything Gold-Side or later is -1/x1 until proven otherwise.

That mission arc, in particular, fresh back to CoH on an underleveled (SKed up to a leader who was running it at +3, 8 men, AVs on) Invuln/DM tank, a reroll of my beloved main from Live, resulted in that character being retired as useless.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

One of the biggest problems with this mission is that, if you die and go to the hospital, he keeps dropping mines. I once reentered the mission right on top of about 5 mines that immediately went off and killed me before I could move out of the way. Eventually I just popped a bunch of purples and zoned in, then wore him down.

It was added in Issue 24 beta, so I'm going to assume it just never really got any balance passes. I've done the New Praetorians arc (and the Villain version which I can't remember the name of right now) several times now and some missions are just so frustrating.

The Hero-side ones are a little easier, because you frequently have NPCs joining you; Villain-side, though... why did I even rescue all these "allies" if they never join me on any missions? Seems to be the same number of EBs in the Villain arcs as the Hero ones, but a little more difficult since your allies never come along to help, the jerks!

Fighting Calvin Scott though, that just... it's the worst. I feel like if this mission had gone to Live the way it is now, we would've already had a patch to lower the difficulty in some way.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah