Tankers Obsolete?

Kruunch

On 10/14/2019 at 10:17 AM, Tyrannosaur said:

Tanks are not obsolete. If any class might be considered such it would be Defender. Those poor guys are horrible at dps and are meant for support. That is all fine until late game where 'Trollers seem to provide both support and control. There was a time, until I4, that a Defender could dps as well as a blaster, but I5 or I6 they reduced it to 80 or 60% which means enough to annoy them to death lol.

I'm sorry but... what?!

I mean listen, I'm not going to argue defenders are Scrappers/Blasters, but I will say, they do indeed DPS with the right slotting/build DANDY. Especially when you throw in Kin. Then there's really not much setting you apart from a blaster at all.

A kin/fire defender (solo) will outperform a regular blaster (maybe not exceptional builds/combinations, but it will come VERY close) a CORRUPTOR variant, will be leaps and bounds more damaging in both single play and group (600 snipes that CRIT are more than what blasters ARE doing without substantial buffs/build up + gaussians/etc.) 

Now granted this is harder to pull off but a dark/storm defender is going to give a lot of blasters a good run for their money while being a lot more survivable than most combinations. 

Granted these are outliers, even just in general, a good defender ADDS TO A TEAM. Kinetics just by virtue of being Kinetics WILL INCREASE DPS FOR THE ENTIRE T-E-A-M. 

As for the bit about Controllers, I feel the complete opposite. Things are dying too quickly in the state the game is in to really see much use out of mezzes (early game, I see the benefit, late game, not so much. The only time I see a decent benefit out of mezzes is if I am soloing.) I'd rather have some DPS boost (not that control sets in some cases aren't, but there's only a few that come to mind that really bring this to the table.)

I would say that there definitely are ATs that are going out of vogue and need some buffs or don't have as much of a place as they may once have. Defenders are not one of them.

3 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

I'm sorry but... what?!

I mean listen, I'm not going to argue defenders are Scrappers/Blasters, but I will say, they do indeed DPS with the right slotting/build DANDY. Especially when you throw in Kin. Then there's really not much setting you apart from a blaster at all.

A kin/fire defender (solo) will outperform a regular blaster (maybe not exceptional builds/combinations, but it will come VERY close) a CORRUPTOR variant, will be leaps and bounds more damaging in both single play and group (600 snipes that CRIT are more than what blasters ARE doing without substantial buffs/build up + gaussians/etc.) 

Now granted this is harder to pull off but a dark/storm defender is going to give a lot of blasters a good run for their money while being a lot more survivable than most combinations. 

Granted these are outliers, even just in general, a good defender ADDS TO A TEAM. Kinetics just by virtue of being Kinetics WILL INCREASE DPS FOR THE ENTIRE T-E-A-M. 

As for the bit about Controllers, I feel the complete opposite. Things are dying too quickly in the state the game is in to really see much use out of mezzes (early game, I see the benefit, late game, not so much. The only time I see a decent benefit out of mezzes is if I am soloing.) I'd rather have some DPS boost (not that control sets in some cases aren't, but there's only a few that come to mind that really bring this to the table.)

I would say that there definitely are ATs that are going out of vogue and need some buffs or don't have as much of a place as they may once have. Defenders are not one of them.

Corruptor can crit? I thought there thing was scourge.