Zone TP Temps for Cim and RWZ

Guest ProvRI

ED! You really stepped up your troll game with that one. I think it was the editing on the quote text that really tickled me.

It actually brought a smile to my face. Bravo sir! *golf clap*

At your service.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really expect anything from the "dev" team, so I'll be pleasantly surprised at anything.

Plus, I'm sure they are entirely competent at ordering tasks themselves, no harm in asking for things.

UNICORNS, for one. Y NO UNICORNS?

There is even a macro that will let you just go to your base anywhere any time no casting animation or cool down.

Share please?  I want this...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Guest ProvRI

And folks keep saying this community isn’t toxic. Here I am tossing an innocuous suggestion into the suggestion box, and some of you react as though I’m asking for an entirely new AT, new power sets, or Universal Healthcare for every PC. Or that somehow my suggestion will somehow keep you from getting whatever shiny you’ve decided you so desperately want, that you feel threatened just by the idea of a quick way to get to two specific zones.

Well done.

Profit: And I’ll take it as a no. You still don’t feel validated. Very sorry to not be able to help with your feelings of self-worth and self-esteem. But trolling the suggestion box for an implementation 15 year old game may not be the best place to look for that sort of self-care.

Please post the code needed to implement this feature... I'll wait.

Oh, then let me revise, quit your group, lfg, scroll a little box, click three times, instant teleport, get invited back to group. Or the alternative to that, YOU CAN USE LFG IN A GROUP. The leader can open LFG, scroll a little box, click three times, and instant teleport then entire team.

It would take someone five minutes to implement this feature vs thousands endlessly hobbled and spending time quitting and rejoining groups to get to these zones. Wrong.

Makes a suggestion

People disagree with the need for suggestion

Gets defensive

Insinuates those with differing opinion are toxic....

Oh the irony. 

There is no NEED for your suggestion. It will not save anyone a bunch of time. I can think of numerous ways to get to Cimerora that all take less than 90 seconds. The devs have more important things to worry about than your need to click a button to save 90 seconds. You act like your suggestion had merit aside from aiding lazy and impatient people who can't be bothered to travel for 1.5 minutes. I have NEVER in the hundreds of times I've been in/lead an ITF had people complain it took them too long to get there. This isn't a problem affecting/bothering thousands (especially hobbling them.... if they are hobbled its probably because they didn't take a travel power and that's on them).

If this is going to be your reaction to people replying to your suggestions in disagreement...the forums are not the place for you. Not every idea is good. Not every idea has merit... and not every idea is worth the time and effort of an already stretched volunteer dev team. You are suggesting a fix to a problem that almost no one cares about.... FYI the negative innuendo and name calling - is not gonna win anyone over on any of your suggestions.

And folks keep saying this community isn’t toxic. Here I am tossing an innocuous suggestion into the suggestion box, and some of you react as though I’m asking for an entirely new AT, new power sets, or Universal Healthcare for every PC. Or that somehow my suggestion will somehow keep you from getting whatever shiny you’ve decided you so desperately want, that you feel threatened just by the idea of a quick way to get to two specific zones.

Well done.

Profit: And I’ll take it as a no. You still don’t feel validated. Very sorry to not be able to help with your feelings of self-worth and self-esteem. But trolling the suggestion box for an implementation 15 year old game may not be the best place to look for that sort of self-care.

And folks keep saying this community isn’t toxic.

It isn't toxic to point out that the feature you're requesting already exists in the game.  It also isn't toxicity to point out the feature isn't suddenly invalidated simply because it doesn't work the way you would prefer it to work.

You are suggesting a fix to a problem that almost no one cares about...

Gonna go one further and say he's actually suggesting a fix to a problem that isn't even a problem, and not only is it NOT a problem the solution that he's suggesting is already implemented.  He just doesn't like HOW it's implemented.  You can teleport to Cim or RWZ from ANY location in the game via the LFG tab.

Well done.

Step back, and reread the thread...Two or three people went into a side rant about how easy your suggestion was, but not the value in the suggestion.  Several people have made suggestions on either workarounds, or limitations to your suggestion...That is to be expected...It's an open forum...

As I mentioned I am confused by the request... There is almost nowhere that I can get to in the game this is just one click.  TP to My Base requires 2 clicks, TP to Wentworths requires 2 clicks.  Orouborus TP requires 2 clicks.  There is absolutely no TP to Steel Canyon button, or TP to Independence Port button.  Those work by going thru Ouroboros or your SG Base. 

You can already get to RWZ thru a SG Base, and you can use LFG to get to Cimerora.  So I don't have a problem with you making the suggestion, I have a problem with you digging in and not hearing what your forum posters are saying. 

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You could you know just be a teleporter with tp to any zone you know if its a real want for you. Also Base porters and tp to base exist. There is evena  macro that will let you just go to your base anywhere any time no casting animation or cool down.

Share please. First I've heard of this.

Share please. First I've heard of this.

Ukase, it's a long range teleport power that was added to teleport power pool.

I want to hear about the Macro that takes away the Base Teleporter Animation and Interrupt time