Zone TP Temps for Cim and RWZ

Guest ProvRI

Guest ProvRI

Similar to Pocket D or Oro, would be keen to be able to unlock similar zone to temp powers on reasonable triggers like earning the Vanguard Member badge or the Temporal Strife badge.

Isn't there a teleport to Rikti War Zone?  I thought there was.

As for Cimerora, Ouroboros, etc., so far as I know there are no base teleports available to zones that are not open to everyone.  Cimerora is locked for level 35 and up, and for people that have the correct badge.  I don't know that a base teleporter can be easily configured to check for that and exclude the option to teleport if conditions aren't met.  Likewise there are no teleports to The Hive or The Abyss, zones locked for level 45 and above.  Technically Ouroboros is not level locked; you need to be level 14 or higher to use an Ouro portal but you can backdoor your way into Ouroboros via Echo of Galaxy City at level 1.

From this, I'd say it's possible to put in a base portal to Ouro, but it may not actually be possible to do one for The Hive or Cimerora.

As for temp powers... I don't know, just open LFG, locate Imperious, click him, click to lock the team and hit go.  Boom!  Teleport!  No real need for a temp power, although I guess it doesn't hurt either.

Yeah, people always forget about the LFG system (I usually do too) but it's a great way to get to a specific location quickly as long as you're not on a TF.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Guest ProvRI

While I appreciate all the alternatives, the whole ask is to boil it all down into a simple, single button click.

I mean, maybe for many of you traveling from A to B, in the snow, uphill both ways, is part of the fun and I’ve no interest in taking that away from you. But me, I’d prefer to click once and jump right to the foregone conclusion so I can get on with my gameplay. Zoning doesn’t really add anything to the CoH experience for me.

Guest ProvRI

Is there some specific reason the suggestion to simplify travel to two oft visited but ‘out of the way’ zones bothers you?

It’s weird.

Yes, it's a waste of resources to devote to this issue. You can use LFG, you will have to possibly scroll a little box, and click three times, and boom you're in cim or where ever. It's a perfectly functional alternative than to waste man hours coding a specific teleport spot to a zone map when there are more important things that need to be addressed by a completely volunteer staff.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Yes, it's a waste of resources to devote to this issue. You can use LFG, you will have to possibly scroll a little box, and click three times, and boom you're in cim or where ever. bleh bleh bleh

You can't use LFG if you're already in a group, bro

Yes, it's a waste of resources to devote to this issue. You can use LFG, you will have to possibly scroll a little box, and click three times, and boom you're in cim or where ever. bleh bleh bleh

You can't use LFG if you're already in a group, bro

Oh, then let me revise, quit your group, lfg, scroll a little box, click three times, instant teleport, get invited back to group. Or the alternative to that, YOU CAN USE LFG IN A GROUP. The leader can open LFG, scroll a little box, click three times, and instant teleport then entire team.

Have you guys even tried these options or are you just scared of something different that you've never looked into before.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Oh, then let me revise, quit your group, lfg, scroll a little box, click three times, instant teleport, get invited back to group. Or the alternative to that, YOU CAN USE LFG IN A GROUP. The leader can open LFG, scroll a little box, click three times, and instant teleport then entire team.

It would take someone five minutes to implement this feature vs thousands endlessly hobbled and spending time quitting and rejoining groups to get to these zones. Wrong.

It would take someone five minutes to implement this feature vs thousands endlessly hobbled and spending time quitting and rejoining groups to get to these zones. Wrong.

Not wrong, just not lazy and entitled. Also how do you know how long it will take, have you been reading through this awful code behind this game? I have. And I program for a living, I can tell you that your five minute estimate is grossly mistaken.

Not wrong, just not lazy and entitled. Also how do you know how long it will take, have you been reading through this awful code behind this game? I have. And I program for a living, I can tell you that your five minute estimate is grossly mistaken.

Wrong, you obviously know nothing about coding, and selfishly impede real progress.

Wrong, you obviously know nothing about coding, and selfishly impede real progress.

Your trolling needs work sir, it's not subtle and I played a little to see if you had any tricks up your sleeves that would move your trolling to epic levels. Sadly you do not, please rethink your station in life.

Unfortunately, your leveling of trolling is not enough to keep entertained and you don't even elicit a golf clap from this side.

Guest ProvRI

So you don’t really have an idea as to the scope of the ask, but due to a desperate need for validation, you feel the need to pretend you do, while reacting to a simple benign suggestion posted to this board as though it some how dictates whatever development roadmap as may exist.

Do you feel validated enough now, or not yet?

Oh, I have plenty of idea as to the scope of the task. Let us start with the first step. The Map texture. Every teleport spot in a map is baked into the texture, these are not handled by code, but referenced by the code as an exit point. So, first question, if we put a tp beacon in the zone, do we just the LFG drop off? Do we use the midnight club drop off? Do we make a new drop off? Since none of the other zones use the LFG drop off for their beacons, or train drop offs for their beacons, let's just say that for consistency we need to bake a new point into the map. Where should that point be? I personally don't think the docks would be bad, but I like the idea of being by the water when I come out of the teleport. So now we send the texture over the guys polishing the maps and ask them to do their thing and bake it in, this requires a lot of texture editing, getting loc numbers correct, and other things I've only glanced at in passing. Feel free to go check on how map textures are handled in the game engine as I'm not going to teach you all of it.

So we have a spot, and we've enacted some helpful volunteer to edit the map texture, what next. We need to create the code to add cim to the TP destinations. But, are we creating a whole not button like you want that pocket d has? Or do we add it to the tunnel system? Luckily this code already exists in some fashion in midnighters club so we might be able to reuse that, but, like the powers revamp that corrected rage to work as intended, what are we going to break with this?

Still think I have no idea how this actually works? Or just so selfish in your want you're willing to die on this particular hill.

mode up gibberish

Five minutes. If you were an actual programmer, and not a made up one, you could have done this already.

ED! You really stepped up your troll game with that one. I think it was the editing on the quote text that really tickled me.

It actually brought a smile to my face. Bravo sir! *golf clap*

It is implemented.  The LFG feature.  With as many different contacts and places you can teleport to with LFG you could honestly use it to get around without the benefit of any other teleports for the most part.  Just because a feature isn't exactly the WAY you want it, doesn't mean the feature isn't what you're requested.

Many people, including former CoH devs have admitted that the CoH code is "spaghetti".  The OuroDev team that's working on cleaning up the code has admitted this as well.  Just because you have no clue what you're talking about doesn't mean other people are "selfishly impeding progress".

mode up gibberish

Five minutes. If you were an actual programmer, and not a made up one, you could have done this already.

If this were true the OuroDev team would have CoH recompiled into modern day code already.

While I appreciate all the alternatives, the whole ask is to boil it all down into a simple, single button click.

I mean, maybe for many of you traveling from A to B, in the snow, uphill both ways, is part of the fun and I’ve no interest in taking that away from you. But me, I’d prefer to click once and jump right to the foregone conclusion so I can get on with my gameplay. Zoning doesn’t really add anything to the CoH experience for me.

I am confused by this.  There is almost nowhere that I can get to in the game this is just one click.  TP to My Base requires 2 clicks, TP to Wentworths requires 2 clicks.  Orouborus TP requires 2 clicks.  There is absolutely no TP to Steel Canyon button, or TP to Independence Port button.  Those work by going thru Ouroboros or your SG Base.  So I am confused by why you feel that the Dev's need to make a whole new feature to avoid having to click more than once, because this is really new ground.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting