If you were a bad guy/girl...

Joined up with Arachnos and when the opportunity presented itself stole a hero ID and fled to Paragon City where she's amazed that it's so clean and not destroyed in many places, and she gets attacked on the streets at least 20% less.

I dunno.  I just took a cruise around PC and RI and I couldn't find many examples of regular citizens being attacked in the streets in the RIs.

In PC, I was curious at what level do the villains stop bothering the citizens on the streets and I gave up at Brickstown where there are even "victims of circumstance" lying around.  I'm pretty sure it's dangerous to live in the RIs...but more than PC?  I just don't believe it.

In Paragon City on the other hand - Malta.  They seem more focused and less reckless with their agents than many other factions, and besides that you'd get drawn into less fights, since given the choice between fighting Malta and someone else most Heroes will take the easy option and go beat up the Council instead.

"Welcome to your first day with Malta! We're excited to have you join the unit. We've heard a lot of good things about you, and we're going to help train you to be as dangerous as possible, since our mission is equally dangerous. So, our first stop is the armory, then to the testing range. We're going to get you up to speed on the BR-471 Bioelectric Rifle. Trust me, once you get the hang of it, you're going to love it. It's a devastating weapon, and one that can bring any of those capes to their knees with a single shot. The guys who pack them are nicknamed 'Sappers'."

"...why did you just turn white? I assure you, the rumors that capes specifically target anyone with a BR-471 and try to murder them before the fight even starts is wholly over exaggerated."

• Haha 1

Warriors.

Hear me out.

How often do you actually face the Warriors? How often do you really run in to them in missions? They're one of the smallest level ranges of foes, in a range that a lot of people end up skipping past. Plus, as a Warrior, you're in the range where most heroes know what they're doing, but haven't reached their full potential.. so you're less likely to be accidentally killed, while still standing a chance of winning even as a low level grunt.

By that criteria, I think one could also be pretty safe as an Outcast.

In Paragon City on the other hand - Malta.  They seem more focused and less reckless with their agents than many other factions, and besides that you'd get drawn into less fights, since given the choice between fighting Malta and someone else most Heroes will take the easy option and go beat up the Council instead.

Sounds good, but for the love of Dog, if you are ever offered Sapper training;  HARD PASS. Those poor schmucks always die first!

Knives of Artemis.  They seem to be very specific about the missions they send you on and they cover for one another better than most groups.

For real.  How many times have you been on a Cootie mission and hit up a mob of guys and when you cleared them there is one Archer standing like ten feet off the left trying really hard to pretend he doesn’t see you? 

Same goes with the Council.  You can be fighting in that damn water room, pull three groups, have werewolves and killer robots dropping from the ceiling.  And when you’re done, there is always one ubermessht-something standing with his back to you looking at a clipboard and hoping you don’t notice him.

The Knives come out of the shadows and rip heroes to shreds, and they do it as a team. 

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

I have this theory that all the Circle of Thorns Guides/Defenders/Non-Mage Guys are all 20's-to-30's D&D nerds who got lured into actual demon worshiping like something out of a Jack Chick fever dream.

I'm not sure how serious you're being here but canonically all of the CoT humans are regular people who were kidnapped and had their soul replaced by one of the ancient Oranbegans.

Defender Smash!

I have this theory that all the Circle of Thorns Guides/Defenders/Non-Mage Guys are all 20's-to-30's D&D nerds who got lured into actual demon worshiping like something out of a Jack Chick fever dream.

I'm not sure how serious you're being here but canonically all of the CoT humans are regular people who were kidnapped and had their soul replaced by one of the ancient Oranbegans.

There is an absolute butt ton of lore in enemy groups and I'm too lazy to read/remember all of it.

Sounds good, but for the love of Dog, if you are ever offered Sapper training;  HARD PASS. Those poor schmucks always die first!

That's unfair!  I Confuse them until they drain their allies to death, and then I kill them last.

I mean "defeat".