Please make Uncommon and Rare Recipes, and Rare Salvage, not vendorable.

Or you could just first unload at the AH before you go toa  vendor, thats what I do, hit the steel WW, then swing by the near by science shop I think it is just down the street. The bank is also near there so you can just store rare mats if you dont want to sell them.

Thanks for the suggestion! It is a good one, and in fact it's what I do most of the time, though sometimes i feel peculiar about it and vendor first.

You can actually summon both the AH and Vault windows without going to their physical locations.

/ah and a button on your salvage inventory, respectively.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

Doing so might force people to use the AH who otherwise have no desire to do so.

Buyback might consume more resources than needed, how about a confirmation "Do you want to sell this?" window? Might be easier to do and be completed quicker. Not exactly the original suggestion but would still provide that buffer of "Do I really want to vendor this?"

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

So....everyone should suffer with non-vendorable loot because you're afraid you might accidentally click a button?  NO.

T B H I am surprised to find people who think vendoring the recipes is a good idea. I'm pretty lazy about making money but the return on investment for making all your yellows and oranges and converting them until something sells for a reasonable price (I aim for about 1.5 mil minimum; if it already sells for at least a million I don't bother converting) is usually pretty good.

I would guess my average is about 500k to 1 mil profit per recipe, as opposed to... 1k or 5k for vendoring.

So....everyone should suffer with non-vendorable loot because you're afraid you might accidentally click a button?  NO.

T B H I am surprised to find people who think vendoring the recipes is a good idea. I'm pretty lazy about making money but the return on investment for making all your yellows and oranges and converting them until something sells for a reasonable price (I aim for about 1.5 mil minimum; if it already sells for at least a million I don't bother converting) is usually pretty good.

I would guess my average is about 500k to 1 mil profit per recipe, as opposed to... 1k or 5k for vendoring.

Honestly, I only convert to 3 things to auction. I think I used 400 converters last night and did 25 enhancements to sell? Made close to 100 million after factoring in the cost of the converters.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

T B H I am surprised to find people who think vendoring the recipes is a good idea. I'm pretty lazy about making money but the return on investment for making all your yellows and oranges and converting them until something sells for a reasonable price (I aim for about 1.5 mil minimum) is usually pretty good.

I think once you understand the power of crafting (because it is definitely harder than just buying TO, DO, SO's, but it makes a much better product), and then understand the power of converting enhancements to make a profit on the market, you will never go back to selling salvage or recipes at a Store.

Unfortunately, you have to understand all this, and find joy in crafting and marketeering to get there.  Until then, the rest of the server pop should be able to sell them at stores.

Full transparency:  I definite prefer crafting over TO/DO/SO's, and when I am crafting and converting set IO's for myself, I always do more to sell for a profit.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Honestly, I only convert to 3 things to auction. I think I used 400 converters last night and did 25 enhancements to sell? Made close to 100 million after factoring in the cost of the converters.

Your forum name makes no sense after reading this post...  ;D

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Not everyone has the time or resources to sit around converting everything to something decent.  And if I can only make 1k at the AH on a recipe vs 5-10k at the vendor, I'm choosing the vendor.  EVERY. DANG. TIME.

Your forum name makes no sense after reading this post...  ;D

Well, ya know, 40 mil on converters, auction fees, crafting fees, salvage i needed, etc and still came out 100 mil ahead. :D

Tonight, if I'm not wore out from work I'll spend that 100 mil and come out 300-400 mil ahead. It's a nice system.

Not everyone has the time or resources to sit around converting everything to something decent.  And if I can only make 1k at the AH on a recipe vs 5-10k at the vendor, I'm choosing the vendor.  EVERY. DANG. TIME.

While I am surprised, I also understand and respect this. Not everyone is willing to put time and emotional labor forward at all times. I wanted to mention it in case anyone was unaware of the ROI.

While I would love a buyback feature, I can't ask for one in good conscience because I think it's almost certainly going to be too complicated to add. I'll let people get any last responses they want in, then I will lock this thread and retract my suggestion.

While I would love a buyback feature, I can't ask for one in good conscience because I think it's almost certainly going to be too complicated to add. I'll let people get any last responses they want in, then I will lock this thread and retract my suggestion.

+1 Inf to you Sunsette.  Not many people do a good job really listening to others criticize suggestions and instead become more intractable.

In case anyone doesn't already know... purple recipes are not vendorable, so it's certainly possible to do as the OP suggests.

That said, I don't think it's something everyone can agree on.  Never being able to sell a purple recipe to a vendor for next to nothing was just one of those things that 99.9% of people could agree was a good idea.  I vendor rare and uncommon recipes myself sometimes, and I'm a big proponent of crafting and marketing, so if I like to do it I'd be surprised if such a move wouldn't upset a few at least.

^_^