Kinetics: Fulcrum shift is autohit

Jaro

Not sure if this is an old news for most of you, but i suspected it already some time and confirmed today the Fulcrum Shift from the Kinetics set is autohit.

It accepts yellows but they are unneeded. Makes it even better!

FulcrumShift.JPG.978f03dec3bd431baed963e14d751647.JPG

Playing the Loons together with my GF on Excelsior, mine are usually Cleo's or Jaro's.

Global handles: @Jaro @Mistress Cleo @Jaro Loon

Anyone know a good doctor to treat Altoholic?

There are more expansive explanations out there on the interwebz, so I'll be very brief.

FS has 2 components: 

1) a Siphon that rolls against enemies to create a pseudopet for each hit that creates a 25% buff (and corresponding debuff (defender forum so defender values)) around the enemy hit

2) a buff that emanates from the caster that gives a 50% buff.

#2 is auto-hit and what you're showing in your log.  #1 is one I couldn't find in any of the logs.  I just went around FSing some mobs , hoping it would show up in one of the pet combat logs, but alas, it did not.  Still, FS needs acc to improve the odds of FS creating a siphon buff/debuff.

I wish. I assure it can and does miss all the time. Slot a yellow. Not much has changed with Kinetics since live.  Some folks don't slot for acc and just go for recharge. Also, you can always use siphon power too for MOAR POWAH! ;D

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

I wish. I assure it can and does miss all the time. Slot a yellow. Not much has changed with Kinetics since live.  Some folks don't slot for acc and just go for recharge. Also, you can always use siphon power too for MOAR POWAH! ;D

2 Acc, 1 End, 1 Range (optional). Kinetics has so much recharge typically going on that global will be more than anyone needs. I have it at 8/s I think? 8-10 for sure, and that's typically damage capping most ATs on a full mob.

2 Acc, 1 End, 1 Range (optional). Kinetics has so much recharge typically going on that global will be more than anyone needs. I have it at 8/s I think? 8-10 for sure, and that's typically damage capping most ATs on a full mob.

End redux?...Why? Transference is available prior to fulcrum shift. Kinetics for sure has quick charge on powers, but depending on how and who you team with, having it up more often means stacking buffs for hitting the damage cap.  Range is an interesting choice. I imagine for folks not fighting in melee range or if they're pulling using FS which is also an interesting choice for a pull power.

As a Kin I live and die in melee range...so a range IO would never work for me.  I do slot range in my Siphon Speed though because it is my recharge buff and my travel power.

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

End redux?...Why? Transference is available prior to fulcrum shift. Kinetics for sure has quick charge on powers, but depending on how and who you team with, having it up more often means stacking buffs for hitting the damage cap.  Range is an interesting choice. I imagine for folks not fighting in melee range or if they're pulling using FS which is also an interesting choice for a pull power.

As a Kin I live and die in melee range...so a range IO would never work for me.  I do slot range in my Siphon Speed though because it is my recharge buff and my travel power.

While Transference is a great tool, you wont always have something immediately available to pop it off on, and just being more end-minded in general isn't a bad thing. There's also the fact that with Kinetics, nearly all the powers in the set require almost no slots, so I definitely have the surplus to do whatever with.

For me, I'm kind of all over the place playing Kin. This go around is with Robotics/Kin MM, a totally different direction than when I did it the first time on Kin/Elec Defender. I'm spending a lot more time at range because of the bots. I could drag them into melee, but that's not always really wanted, or necessary. Even as a melee-centric sapper defender I slotted the extra range enhancement. There's just some situations where needing to fire off the power at a distance was/is just nice to do, and since Fulcrum Siphons the enemies and boosts around the source(s), and you at the same time, you can spread damage bonuses in unique ways. A balanced defensive kin doesn't have to live (or die) in melee, and as a MM, I don't have much personal reason to be there.

Ahh I see you're playing the new MM kins...I keep forgetting about them. I've played Kin on every AT allowed on live, always offensively. I look forward to rolling through all the Mastermind primaries with Kinetics and see what changes for me... Probably not a lot.  :D Pets on defensive follow should be interesting though.

Ahh I see you're playing the new MM kins...I keep forgetting about them. I've played Kin on every AT allowed on live, always offensively. I look forward to rolling through all the Mastermind primaries with Kinetics and see what changes for me... Probably not a lot.  :D Pets on defensive follow should be interesting though.

It’s too bad that kin diss t make them attack faster.  It does make them run fast from target to target.    Thugs /kin seems like it would be really good with Gang War.  Right now my kin is Beast, I’ll try Thugs next