Archvillain Range Debuffing Mechanics [Help]

Cenozoic

Does anyone have data on the attack range values for AVs / Monsters / GMs?  I am very interested in this mechanic and have found that our community could benefit from a deeper conversation and range debuffing.  Specifically, I would like to use this information to better combat AVs and monsters.

Looks like the powers that debuff range are some AT taunts and hurricane.

Please feel free to group think this with me, and any replies are greatly appreciated.

1)  Do AVs have a scaled range for attacks?

(i.e. does Gloom scale +100% from 80-feet to 160-feet, for AVs)

2)  Do AVs have any range debuff resistance?

(i.e. part of purple triangles, or similar to Blaster's /EM Boost Range)

3)  Are there any non-melee attacks that ignore range debuffing?

(i.e. does Nightfall ignore -range because of some cone property)

4)  Does -Range affect non-combat abilities, such as Teleport and teammate buffs?

5)  Does anyone have field experience in testing range debuffs with Taunt and Hurricane?

Thank you very much for your help!  Looking forward to some great replies!

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

Does anyone have data on the attack range values for AVs / Monsters / GMs?

It's dependent on each attack as it was set up for each AV/GM; it's not based on rank.

1)  Do AVs have a scaled range for attacks?

(i.e. does Gloom scale +100% from 80-feet to 160-feet, for AVs)

Similar to above, Range doesn't increase based on rank. It's the individual powers that each AV/GM has that are given a range value.

2)  Do AVs have any range debuff resistance?

(i.e. part of purple triangles, or similar to Blaster's /EM Boost Range)

They do not have range debuff resistance because there is no range debuff resistance. There isn't even a range debuff. What -Range powers do is -Strength(Range), which is essentially more like a global range enhancement with a negative value.

However, there is a -Range floor, which is 25% of the original range of the power. That means that Taunts/Confronts -75% Range already brings any target to the lowest value their range will go.

3)  Are there any non-melee attacks that ignore range debuffing?

(i.e. does Nightfall ignore -range because of some cone property)

It's possible, but I don't know of any. A power has to be individually flagged to ignore Range buffs/debuffs; the game itself doesn't do this automatically because it doesn't really know what defines an attack as a Melee attack.

4)  Does -Range affect non-combat abilities, such as Teleport and teammate buffs?

Yes, as long as it has a range value and isn't flagged to ignore range buffs/debuffs, it will have it's range reduced.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

Thanks! 

I didn't see range as one of the attributes that I can see while watching data of AVs - does anyone know of a way to observe the range of individual AVs?

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

Thanks! 

I didn't see range as one of the attributes that I can see while watching data of AVs - does anyone know of a way to observe the range of individual AVs?

Range is per-power. I don't know any way you could see it dynamically change. If you bracket the name of a power in chat and hit enter you can see its effects independent of buffs and enhancements, but that only works if you have a way to uniquely identify the power the AV uses, otherwise it'll show you a player ability by the same name if one exists.

Trickshooter, been meaning to ask, can most player melee attacks be enhanced for range or have they all been flagged to prevent this?

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

Thanks! 

There is a Range Bonus attribute that can be monitored, but this won't show individual ranges. It will just tell you -60% if the target is in Hurricane, or -75% if they're Taunted/Confronted.

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

Trickshooter, been meaning to ask, can most player melee attacks be enhanced for range or have they all been flagged to prevent this?

I would say about 95% of them are basically doubly prevented from Range effects. First from being unable to slot range, and second from the flag that makes them ignore buffs and debuffs to range.

There are exceptions though. Some intentional, some not. These ones make sense:

All Taunts/Confronts

Focus

Shockwave

Serpent's Reach

Hurl

Hurl Boulder

Lightning Rod

Breath of Fire

Repulsing Torrent

Focused Burst

Boggle

Savage Leap

Fault

Impale

Throw Spines

Frost

Some specifics ones I know of that are missing the flag to ignore range buffs/debuffs (though still can't slot for range):

Brute's Battle Axe/Cleave

Brute's Super Strength/KO Blow

Might be more, but I'd have to double-check.

• 1 month later

General Follow-up:

Ranged AV attacks are shockingly long.  Much of the engagement range (60-100 feet) was well within striking distance of the AVs that were range debuffed -60% (Nosferatu, Mother Mayhem, Chimera, et al).

In addition to that, a debuffed Marauder hit me with Hurl (on your exception list) from over 100 feet away; it was pretty hilarious.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cenozoic said:

General Follow-up:

Ranged AV attacks are shockingly long.  Much of the engagement range (60-100 feet) was well within striking distance of the AVs that were range debuffed -60% (Nosferatu, Mother Mayhem, Chimera, et al).

In addition to that, a debuffed Marauder hit me with Hurl (on your exception list) from over 100 feet away; it was pretty hilarious.

Not surprising.  Mobs tend to get way more range than players.  Not just AVs, even all the way down to minions.  I recently got outranged by an Lt. on a level 3 Psi Blast Corruptor.  I thought the crazy range mobs got didn't start until later.

On 8/27/2019 at 3:19 AM, carroto said:

Not surprising.  Mobs tend to get way more range than players.  Not just AVs, even all the way down to minions.  I recently got outranged by an Lt. on a level 3 Psi Blast Corruptor.  I thought the crazy range mobs got didn't start until later.

Yah, kinda takes the wind out of Stormies’ sails.