Scrapper: Top AOE primaries, a question

Stormmage

TW, ELC, Spines: already mentioned

So here is a couple others.

War Mace has a PBAOE, 1 semi circle of death 180 degrees, and a "cone" that works more like a line attack.  Can make a full rotation if specc'ed right and the line fits in the ST rotation too.  Add in Spring attack and that's all she wrote.  AOE chain:  Spring Attack, Whirling Mace, Crowd Control, Shatter seems to work well.  ST anything left with clobber... assuming anything is left.  ST Att would be something like Clobber, Shatter, Jawbreaker, Pulverize.... assuming you aren't recharge tuned and just need 3 attacks.  Its full of KDs, a KU, and Disorients.  My personal favorite, gets Crowd Control at level 32 though.

Radiation:  A good PBAOE T9, a toggle damage aura, and also the ST attacks do a minor aoe to other targets in the area IF the primary target is contaminated.  Slow attacks, at least it feels like it.  But lots of splash damage while you ST a Lt. down.  Stuff dies around you without you actually have to hit them, very interesting and it kind of makes sense for radiation.

Not sure if it's the best but Titan Weapon has a ton, 3 cones and a pbaoe

Titan Weapon has sufficient AOE that even without using the first two cones, the minions do not outlive the bosses, and the bosses do not live long.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

TW, ELC, Spines: already mentioned

So here is a couple others.

War Mace has a PBAOE, 1 semi circle of death 180 degrees, and a "cone" that works more like a line attack.  Can make a full rotation if specc'ed right and the line fits in the ST rotation too.  Add in Spring attack and that's all she wrote.  AOE chain:  Spring Attack, Whirling Mace, Crowd Control, Shatter seems to work well.  ST anything left with clobber... assuming anything is left.  ST Att would be something like Clobber, Shatter, Jawbreaker, Pulverize.... assuming you aren't recharge tuned and just need 3 attacks.  Its full of KDs, a KU, and Disorients.  My personal favorite, gets Crowd Control at level 32 though.

Radiation:  A good PBAOE T9, a toggle damage aura, and also the ST attacks do a minor aoe to other targets in the area IF the primary target is contaminated.  Slow attacks, at least it feels like it.  But lots of splash damage while you ST a Lt. down.  Stuff dies around you without you actually have to hit them, very interesting and it kind of makes sense for radiation.

I actually find that WM's narrow cone (Shatter) is much less of a "line" than the similar attacks on Katana & Broadsword, & thus much easier to take full advantage of.  IIRC, it actually has a cone size similar to (maybe identical to?) to Shadow Maul.  The KT/BS cones are like 10-20°,  & I think Shatter's cone is 30-45°.

In any event, Crowd Control is a long time in coming (level 32!), but man is it awesome. Given the combination of its recharge, animation time, & the size/shape of the cone it seems exceptionally good. This is mostly because it has good damage, but it's ALSO very good CC, as it feels like the chance for Knockdown is really high & given that it's Knockdown it works against most Bosses just as well as it does against Minions & Lts.  If you can get a good level of +rech the mobs will basically stand up just in time for you to knock them down again.

Whirling Mace seems about as meh as most all of the other versions of "Spinny weapon attack" that were introduced at launch. Mine never got very well enhanced, but I never felt like the damage was worth the animation time compared to Shatter & CC.  When I got most of my +rech built & threw the +crit chance proc in Jawbreaker, there wasn't really enough downtime between the 3 of them for the animation to fit, so I dropped it out of my build.  Once I get him fully built out I might even be able to continually chain Shatter & CC back-to-back... But i'm not sure it'll end up that way & even if it did I'd probably want to work in Jawbreaker for a shot at the proc (CC critting every mob in a big stack is glorious to behold.)  Honestly I wish I could fit the +Crit into Shatter because  it gets used more reliably in AoE situations (Jawbreaker gets dropped a lot because I have to move, switch targets, etc.) But from what I understand putting a -res proc in Shatter is a bigger deal than putting the crit proc in it, which means you can't get the 10% +rech for 6-slotting the ATO set, so I gave up.

All of that being said, if you're talking fully developed characters it seems like the damage #s on basically every piece of TW are hilariously overtuned. It pays for this by having huge end drain with the optimal attack chain, being a pretty late bloomer, & being a bit harder to master than most sets, but the end-game results are ridiculous. Thus, TW is likely much better at AOE than any of the other sets (just like it is at ST...)

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:08 PM, marcussmythe said:

Titan Weapon has sufficient AOE that even without using the first two cones, the minions do not outlive the bosses, and the bosses do not live long.

Not to mention titan also has the highest ST dps also with rend armor and follow through doing absolutely bonkers levels of damage.