Managing Endurance

dmaker

I have a level 40 MA/WP Brute. He's fantastic in a fight. His regen is amazing and my health bar barely moves unless fighting a purple +3 Boss. I breeze through everything else and usually run door missions at +3/x2 right now. While my health is always fine, I burn through endurance like crazy unless I have an active recovery serum from P2W running. If that runs out, I'm pretty much useless for the 60 - 90 seconds it takes to pop another one. If that happens in the middle of a larger, tough fight, it can get pretty close the wire as I can't do my attack chain.

I was hoping someone could maybe point out some tips for better endurance cost management other than popping expensive serums. I have Panacea slotted in Fast Healing and I have 2 slots right now in Stamina, both of which have a set IO in them..the name escapes me, but one IO offers end modification and the other adds a +end proc. (Performance Shifter, I think it's called)

What is unclear to me is which sets offer the most benefit for managing endurance. Should I be looking for recovery (that is my current understanding, but I could be wrong)?

Did you not take Quick Recovery from Willpower?  It is more effective than stamina.  Two slotted Quick Recovery and two slotted Stamina with endurance mods in the slots should give you more endurance than you can ever get through, without being affected by endurance draining enemies.  Failing that, adding Performance Shifter +End in a slot and Miracle +Recovery and Numina +Regen/Recovery can further mitigate endurance use.

If the above posters suggestion is not enough, you can always get superior conditioning and physical perfection from the epic power pools until you can fully IO yourself out.

Also true.

Still, I can't imagine a scenario where Anything/Willpower could have endurance issues.  Even titan weapons with willpower never needs to pop a blue, it's one of the most endurance efficient secondaries.  I think the OP is missing Quick Recovery.

There are the PROC enhancers I/o health class 2 of them give you constant inflow of added endurance.  I do not have them memorized but they are way to find. Numina Regen Tissue and err another. And I get them mixed in my head which does what.  Get them slot them be happy

Yes, Recovery is the stat which represents endurance generation.

At base, everyone starts with 100 endurance, which recovers from empty to full in 60 seconds. This means your base recovery is 100 end/60 sec, or 1.67 end/ sec. Everyone has Stamina as an inherent power, which increases recovery. At base it is a 25% increase. So now you are looking at 1.66*1.25=2.0833 end/sec.

From there, characters diverge depending on how the slot, what powers they have access to and select, what IOs they slot, and what Incarnate abilities they choose.

You, having taken Willpower as your secondary, have access to Quick Recovery, which adds another 30% at base to Recovery. Both Quick Recovery and Stamina can have slots added to increase their effectiveness. If you slot something like Performance Shifter: Chance ForcEndurance, understand you are not providing any modification to the underlying power but rather gaining an ongoing effect which periodically gives you endurance--you can still add slots which can be filled with an  Endurance Modification Enhancement to increase the effectiveness of the underlying power.

For the character who has no powers which increase Recovery (other than Stamina) or powers to provide endurance, I typically look to 3-slotting Stamina and filling the slots with Endurance Modification SOs as soon as possible and then slotting an Endurance Cost Reduction SO in any non-tier one attack power. Toggles with costs above 0.26 end/sec should also be considered candidates for Endurance Cost Reduction SOs as well,.

However you do have Quick Recovery,  which should provide you some flexibility compared to the situation detailed above. It gives a 30% modifier to recovery at base, which is more than Stamina does. Of course you can slot both if need be.

I would encourage you to click Powers on your tray menu then Combat Abilities on the window which opens up. That will open a window which allows you to see your character statistics. Endurance Recovery and Endurance Consumption will both be listed in the Base subsection.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the information. Very much appreciated.

I'm at work right now and won't be able to confirm stuff until my lunch hour (yes, I play CoH at work on my lunch hour..one of the few perks of being a network engineer). I am wondering if I maybe slotted Quick Recovery with healing enhancements. It's possible. I'm not terribly experienced at builds. I'll definitely look at that.

Just to add on that I literally played with adding +end procs for the first time earlier today and it made a colossal difference. I was a bit sceptical, but it was night and day.

Panacea and Performance Enhancer together pretty give you a tangible endurance sustain.

Panacea is a bit expensive, but I had a stack of reward merits to use up (buy Enhancement Boosters from a merit vendor and sell them for ~1mill each on the /ah) and I think it was worthwhile. I also got the two +3 defence resistance-slot enhancements so am now quite poor.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I have Quick Recovery slotted with Efficiency Adaptor

My attacks all have sets in them, though I still need to fill out two more Unrelenting Fury in Cobra Strike (including the one that has chance for end reduction cost proc)

My Endurance consumption is listed 2.33%/sec

My Recovery Rate is 3.67%/sec (base is 1.67%).

My Endurance consumption is listed 2.33%/sec

Two things.  First, endurance consumption as a stat doesn't include end used by click powers -- only toggles.

Second, that's absurdly high.  Full WP, full Fighting + CJ + Maneuvers with no endurance reduction is 1.94/s.  Have you ever tried turning Sprint and Ninja Run off while fighting?

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I do always turn off sprint and I don't use Ninja Run...

My active toggles are: High Pain Tolerance, Mind over Body, Fast Healing, Indom Will, Rise to the Challenge, Heightened Senses, Tough, Weave, Combat Jumping, Focused Accuracy..

Isn’t focused accuracy a bit of an end hog?  Not sure

Acc has two components. Not sure how it works but they are separate in combat attributes.  There is a proc kismet + acc I think it’s called.  It costs zero end

I believe an appropriate question here is to ask what level of investment someone is putting in to pimp out their character.  Reason I mention this is that what you suggest is dependent upon what can be easily afforded.  Some players do not have tons of inf or merits lying around, so buying super expensive IO sets may not yet be within their reach.

My active toggles are: High Pain Tolerance, Mind over Body, Fast Healing, Indom Will, Rise to the Challenge, Heightened Senses, Tough, Weave, Combat Jumping, Focused Accuracy..

Those add up to exactly 2.33/s... if you have zero endurance reduction slotted.  (HPT and Fast Healing are not toggles, btw.)

Those add up to exactly 2.33/s... if you have zero endurance reduction slotted.  (HPT and Fast Healing are not toggles, btw.)

I don't have zero slotted. I have sets in my attacks that include some endurance reduction, some acc, etc

HPT and Fast Healing are not meant to be used as toggles? Didn't know that. I turn them on and leave them on :)

I don't have zero slotted. I have sets in my attacks that include some endurance reduction, some acc, etc

But you don't have any endurance reduction slotted in your toggles.  Whatever's slotted in your attacks isn't relevant here.

HPT and Fast Healing are not meant to be used as toggles? Didn't know that. I turn them on and leave them on :)

I didn't say that; I said they are not toggles.  You can't turn them off and they don't consume any endurance.

I do not understand how a pimped our Willpower Brute is short on end. Unless you are running all of leadership toggles as well as fighting toggles on top of willpower’s toggles.  I honestly do not get that. Do you fight freak show are farms only?  Because your problem may not be the build but where you are putting the character

But you don't have any endurance reduction slotted in your toggles.  Whatever's slotted in your attacks isn't relevant here.

I didn't say that; I said they are not toggles.  You can't turn them off and they don't consume any endurance.

I see. I may have some end reduction in my toggles. I have Panacea 6 slotted in Fast Healing and I have 5 of a set in HPT, but the name escapes me right now. I should drop one each in Tough and Weave maybe too.

I've been fighting Devouring Earth the last couple of nights doing the rescuce Tanya whatsername arc.

I see. I may have some end reduction in my toggles. I have Panacea 6 slotted in Fast Healing and I have 5 of a set in HPT, but the name escapes me right now.

We're not on the same page here.

HPT and Fast Healing are not toggles and do not consume endurance.  Endurance reduction in those powers from a set or any other source will not affect your endurance usage.  Half of zero is zero.

Each of your powers that does consume endurance needs its own, individual, endurance reduction enhancements.

As far as I can remember DE do not drain endurance or otherwise mess with your end.  Other than being tough as snot my guess is they would make a Sentry feel like a glass blaster by stacking immobs holds and stuns but that is a guess.  They do not cut through a willpower’s defenses significantly more than other end game content. Some -def that is pretty normal. No -end or -rec.

I am very curious how you are running a willpower’s brutes end bar down. The only toggle you have I do not normally run is the +acc one.  I have never had a struggle with a Willpower Brutes End. I do ALWAYs put 2 End red in the 2 fighting toggles and put the equivalent or near so through sets in the Willpower toggles. Those enhancers exist for a reason. Willpower has top notch end recovery that does not mean it is endless. Cut down what is grinding away at your end where you can. 

Isn’t focused accuracy a bit of an end hog?  Not sure

Acc has two components. Not sure how it works but they are separate in combat attributes.  There is a proc kismet + acc I think it’s called.  It costs zero end

Yes, Focused Accuracy is quite expensive. Of course it's quite useful too.

I see. I may have some end reduction in my toggles. I have Panacea 6 slotted in Fast Healing and I have 5 of a set in HPT, but the name escapes me right now.

We're not on the same page here.

HPT and Fast Healing are not toggles and do not consume endurance.  Endurance reduction in those powers from a set or any other source will not affect your endurance usage.  Half of zero is zero.

Each of your powers that does consume endurance needs its own, individual, endurance reduction enhancements.

I understand what you are saying now.