Hasten question

Nafsmar

On live I remember having my ice blaster with hasten just about Perma because of sets and the global recharge of luck of the gamblers. However I'm wondering if I'm able to just get to the 70% global recharge via sets and luck of the gamblers if I even need to have hasten in the build. Do I gain any benefit from it at all. I know it'll eventually overall help getting my nuke, blizzard, up quicker but how often do I actually use that in Solo play. By the way my ice Blaster is more or less for soloing. I plan on going scrapper or tank for team play as I mostly played blasters on live. I want to change it up this time around and even try that controller I've always wanted.

On live I remember having my ice blaster with hasten just about Perma because of sets and the global recharge of luck of the gamblers. However I'm wondering if I'm able to just get to the 70% global recharge via sets and luck of the gamblers if I even need to have hasten in the build. Do I gain any benefit from it at all. I know it'll eventually overall help getting my nuke, blizzard, up quicker but how often do I actually use that in Solo play. By the way my ice Blaster is more or less for soloing. I plan on going scrapper or tank for team play as I mostly played blasters on live. I want to change it up this time around and even try that controller I've always wanted.

A few things here: haste is always optional in theory, but I find it never optional in personal practice. You can get by sure, but you're talking about using several sets and specific IO's to counteract taking a single two-slotted power. I don't know how often that's going to pay off honestly, I think they work better complementing one another. But try it. There's no "one size fits all" in this game, and not really a single "best" way for anything.

However, if you have a nuke let me promise you that you will use it often in solo play. Like every time it's up and there's a group. They are crashless now, and there isn't a reason to not use them barring a few exceptions. If you play controller you won't have to mess with them as there aren't many if any controller nukes. But you will have large aoe mezzes that you can get on a very reasonable recharge with haste and set bonuses, as well as secondary buffs that are longer duration (AM, Fade, Drain Psyche/Soul Absorption) and such. It may be that you have a build without many and not taking hasten is an option, I don't know. But for me I take hasten to improve the recharges on these and have never once regretted it; and I usually take it by level 8.

I did not realize that you no longer crashed from the using of nukes. That is definitely a game-changer. Usually I always saved my nuke for the boss at the end or as I came across bosses. This is definitely helpful advice thank you. I'm not a min/max person. I just like to go about at my pace increasing the difficulty when I feel the need or know I can handle it. That's why I chose ice. The ability to be able to freeze bosses always helped.

A few things here: haste is always optional in theory, but I find it never optional in personal practice.

I can name at least one good friend who creates very high end builds but almost never uses Hasten.  You can achieve a great deal of recharge without it, so while I personally use it almost all of the time, it certainly is optional in theory and in practice.  You don't ever need it, but I certainly like having it.  :D

They first thing I do when planning a build is look at the recharge of the powers I want. If I don't see anything that has a large recharge that I will need up as fast as possible, then I skip hasten.

It all depends on my goals for the build. For dominators, I cannot make one without trying for perma Dom whether I need it or not.

A few things here: haste is always optional in theory, but I find it never optional in personal practice.

I can name at least one good friend who creates very high end builds but almost never uses Hasten.  You can achieve a great deal of recharge without it, so while I personally use it almost all of the time, it certainly is optional in theory and in practice.  You don't ever need it, but I certainly like having it.  :D

For sure. I specifically put personal practice because it's how I feel about it, but that should never be pushed onto everyone.

Hasten itself has a small "crash" doesn't it? Like you loose 20% endurance?

Yes, but its free to activate. So it's like paying your Endurance cost after the fact instead of upfront.

Mids has it listed as -15 END. I'm not sure if its percentage or a flat number. Hopefully someone else can chime in!

I did not realize that you no longer crashed from the using of nukes. That is definitely a game-changer. Usually I always saved my nuke for the boss at the end or as I came across bosses. This is definitely helpful advice thank you. I'm not a min/max person. I just like to go about at my pace increasing the difficulty when I feel the need or know I can handle it. That's why I chose ice. The ability to be able to freeze bosses always helped.

At first I didn't like the crashless nuke (fire).  Now, I love it. It's up every 35ish seconds or so and it still rips through spawns. It's like playing on live with a team full of kins.

I also use Burnout, so if needed I can double up on aim build up nuke, plus throw in a couple of RotP's if I need to. But I've never needed the second.

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane