Stuff in CoH Cinematics...

biostem

So I was rewatching some of the CoH/V cinematics, and I noticed some, well, oddities.  For instance, in 1 trailer Lord Recluse is seemingly in command of a bunch of Freakshow.  Back Alley Brawler apparently uses energy melee?  Synapse gets thrown around a lot.  There's a hero that uses a sword and a pistol simultaneously.  There's the girl that can "melt" as a form of teleportation and can energize another hero as part of her attacks?  Oh, and lots of heroes and villains throw items as attacks.  I realize that many of these things were just put into the trailers to make them more exciting, but why weren't they ever implemented in-game?  Too difficult to code into the engine?  Was the game already in decline, thus preventing all the new stuff from being added?

Just now, Moka said:

I think a lot of that stuff was canned during production, similar to how the game was originally built around reticle combat.

Understood, but the Korean trailer came a bit later on, and there are clearly powers/abilities that you can't really get in-game.  Do you think they intended to add them, had things gone better for the game?

Just now, biostem said:

Understood, but the Korean trailer came a bit later on, and there are clearly powers/abilities that you can't really get in-game.  Do you think they intended to add them, had things gone better for the game?

I definitely think so. I suppose in a way we still got things like dual pistols/sword when you look at the Ninja Training powerset for blaster. Though with that said, it's not exactly simultaneous. 

4 hours ago, biostem said:

Synapse gets thrown around a lot. 

Wasn't that a meme for awhile?

Speaking of which, does anyone have the little piece of media where someone took the CoV Cinematic Trailer and added funny dialogue to it? I don't remember if it was a video or a comic/screen cap style.

Sure gave me a lot of laughs back in the day, and I entirely forgot it existed until now.

Edited by Primantis

13 hours ago, biostem said:

So I was rewatching some of the CoH/V cinematics, and I noticed some, well, oddities.  For instance, in 1 trailer Lord Recluse is seemingly in command of a bunch of Freakshow.  Back Alley Brawler apparently uses energy melee?  Synapse gets thrown around a lot.  There's a hero that uses a sword and a pistol simultaneously.  There's the girl that can "melt" as a form of teleportation and can energize another hero as part of her attacks?  Oh, and lots of heroes and villains throw items as attacks.  I realize that many of these things were just put into the trailers to make them more exciting, but why weren't they ever implemented in-game?  Too difficult to code into the engine?  Was the game already in decline, thus preventing all the new stuff from being added?

The covers are always more exciting that the issue of the comic inside,

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝