please help with binds

kendo339

I have a shield scrapper and, therefore, have two powers I want to try to automatically refresh - hasten and active defense.  I set up hasten to autofire and used the following binds on my movement keys to get active defense to fire when up

/bind W "+forward$$powexec_name active defense"

problem is that constantly creates a message on the screen that the power is recharging and more annoying creates a beep tone every few seconds as well. 

is there a way to stop the message and beep?  or is there a better way to try to get the two powers to fire fairly automatically.  for now, I will probably set active defense to fire on the S  key as I am more often moving forward or side to side when running around town.  just take a step backwards when I see it's ready to activate

No, there is no way to do what you ask for.  Sorry.

Your best bet is to find an unused key that is easily reached, and bind that to trigger your Active Defense power.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I usually use the 'g' key for my targeting priority mob macros (eg /bind g target_name "sapper") but I don't think it's used for anything in the default game setup.  It's close enough to the movement keys to get to, but far enough away to not get hit by mistake.  I would definitely make Active Defense the autofire and Hasten the key press power.  If I don't have many attacks I simply put Hasten in the 0 position; that's also where stuff like self-heals go. 

From time to time you're gonna want to step backwards. especially when you get to stuff like Tin Mage. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Personally I'd set Active Defense to autofire since you REALLY want that puppy active and have Hasten on an easily reached key and simply hit it when the power pops up.  A few seconds without activating Hasten won't kill you, a few seconds without your Mez protection on a scrapper might.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I don’t know the exact bond set up, but I’d suggest checking in with the Dominator section for something. I saw someone had posted a bind load for using their movement keys to automatically switch between which power was currently on auto. If anyone is going to want to automate two click powers, it’s going to be them.

The 'womp' sound that occurs from using movement keys because the power is recharging is annoying to many.

I have tried a bunch of tricks, including programming my game pad thing, but nothing really does it well IME, they all seem janky.

Since I click on powers to activate them rather than use keys, I just put Hasten on the same trays my most used powers are and add it to my rotation, as it were.

I even keep my auto power visible, because CoH happily lets me skipp it if I que powers too fast anyway and I have to click it now and then to make sure...

I know that is a cop-out, but my Dominator has enough recharge cushion for it to work fine and it's not such a dire need on my SD/MA guy anyway, just handy.

The auto-firing in the game seems like an afterthought...

On 7/25/2019 at 6:38 AM, Call Me Awesome said:

Personally I'd set Active Defense to autofire since you REALLY want that puppy active and have Hasten on an easily reached key and simply hit it when the power pops up.  A few seconds without activating Hasten won't kill you, a few seconds without your Mez protection on a scrapper might.

This is the way to do it, a dead scrapper has no need for hasten.

Edited by Left4Dead

Due to recent budget cuts and the cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions and the continued decline of the economy, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

http://cohbuilds.aforumfree.com/

On 7/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, jubakumbi said:

The auto-firing in the game seems like an afterthought...

This. Being able to set one and only one power to auto-fire is... weird. How about none? How about three? How about earning more auto-fire slots? But yeah, having just one, activated the way it is, seems very tacked on.

I concur with having def fire automatically and make Hasten a click or bind power.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Here is the post I was thinking of. It's a bit complex, but Sovera does a good job outlining what you need to do to get your binds set up. Of course, you can make it more or less complex as you see fit, but I think it would work out for you.