Ninja / Dark

You

I think Dark is one of the MM secondaries that can keep Ninjas alive. -Tohit debuffs, AoE stun, strong heal, and -damage resist debuffs to help kill enemies faster then they can kill you. Build for recharge to get debuffs up as often as possible and it should be a pretty strong MM.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:31 AM, You said:

I don't see that many discussions on Ninja / Dark.  Does anyone have any comment on this build?

Thanks!

There was an great post about this build. It had the Mill's or whatever up, and I was using it for my build. I cannot find it. Like a moron I did not comment. So I cannot find it in history. I cannot even remember the screen name. BLAST!

Anywhats, I think he went with Cold Mastery. and yeah. That's all I remember right now. It really sucks OP was updating his build from the feed back of others. But maybe arguing and The admin(s) deleted it? 

EDIT: I do remember downloading the build to my work PC. If I find it I will post it here.

Edited by MkNugget
Memory error

• 4 weeks later

/dark is really strong with most sets, the only thing I'd worry about with ninjas is since's it's mostly debuffs, they'd get killed by things that aren't in the debuffs, but it's got two controls that would work well with ninjas - the fear, since ninjas are ST they could take them out one by one (if solo) and the stun of course, then there's all the -to hit.  You could take presence for more fear, and tankerminding too. There's also the Dark Servant, which would be a great place to put some of the pet globals, I'm not sure about actually using it if solo, since it's got minor damage/dot AoE powers which would make your fear less useful.   

I did some looking on the wayback, I couldn't find a build, but the consensus seems to be that /dark is probably the best secondary for ninjas besides /time.

Edited by Justisaur

3 minutes ago, Justisaur said:

/dark is really strong with most sets, the only thing I'd worry about with ninjas is since's it's mostly debuffs, they'd get killed by things that aren't in the debuffs, but it's got two controls that would work well with ninjas - the fear, since ninjas are ST they could take them out one by one (if solo) and the stun of course, then there's all the -to hit.  You could take presence for more fear, and tankerminding too. There's also the Dark Servant, which would be a great place to put some of the pet globals, I'm not sure about actually using it if solo, since it's got minor damage/dot AoE powers which would make your fear less useful.   

I did some looking on the wayback, I couldn't find a build, but the consensus seems to be that /dark is probably the best secondary for necro besides /time.

Sadly you can't slot Pet IOs in the Dark Servant.

• 4 years later

When I first discovered CoV back in the day, I was told never roll a MM bc of the mechanics needed (ADHD superpowers activate). I played Ninja/Dark as many other options weren't available til later in the game near its end. A player by the name of General Nonsense taught me so much, sadly I have forgotten most of it. I really enjoyed everything about the build he helped me put together and all the Enhancements and recipes we worked together to get. I've tried looking for those guys, but it was so long ago i don't remember most of their names.

Currently I'm leveling my MM again to greatness, but it's been tough to remember what and where I put enhancements, power selection, etc. 

I doubt this is a combo I would run as I already have multiple /dark characters and Ninjas is not really my cup of tea as a primary. If I did run it, this is how I would do it (Yeah, I'm a +rech whore, come at me!).

Villain Mastermind
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Ninjas
  • Secondary powerset: Dark Miasma
  • Pool powerset (#1): Flight
  • Pool powerset (#2): Leadership
  • Pool powerset (#3): Speed
  • Pool powerset (#4): Concealment
  • Ancillary powerset: Mu Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Call Genin

• A: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage
  • 15: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 15: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 17: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura
  • 17: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Damage/Endurance
  • 34: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen

Level 1: Twilight Grasp

• A: Panacea: Heal/Endurance
  • 9: Panacea: Endurance/Recharge
  • 11: Panacea: Heal/Recharge
  • 11: Panacea: Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • 13: Panacea: Heal
  • 13: Invention: Accuracy

Level 2: Tar Patch

• A: Ice Mistral's Torment: Endurance/Slow
  • 5: Ice Mistral's Torment: Damage/Recharge
  • 7: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 7: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 9: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Pacing of the Turtle: Endurance/Recharge/Slow

Level 4: Darkest Night

• A: Cloud Senses: ToHit Debuff
  • 43: Cloud Senses: ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge
  • 45: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • 45: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • 45: Dark Watcher's Despair: To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance

Level 6: Train Ninjas

• A: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 8: Hover

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 10: Howling Twilight

• A: Absolute Amazement: Stun
  • 48: Absolute Amazement: Stun/Recharge
  • 48: Absolute Amazement: Stun/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 48: Absolute Amazement: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 50: Absolute Amazement: Stun/Endurance

Level 12: Call Jounin

• A: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage
  • 36: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 43: Blood Mandate: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 46: Sovereign Right: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 50: Sovereign Right: Resistance Bonus
  • 50: Call to Arms: Defense Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 14: Fly

• A: Winter's Gift: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • 46: Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 16: Shadow Fall

• A: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance
  • 37: Reactive Defenses: Defense
  • 37: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 37: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 39: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 39: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 18: Maneuvers

• A: Reactive Defenses: Defense
  • 19: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance
  • 19: Reactive Defenses: Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 21: Reactive Defenses: Defense/RechargeTime
  • 21: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 34: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage

Level 20: Fearsome Stare

• A: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • 39: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • 40: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/Recharge
  • 40: Cloud Senses: ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge
  • 40: Siphon Insight: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge

Level 22: Oni

• A: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Damage
  • 23: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Endurance
  • 23: Edict of the Master: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 25: Edict of the Master: Defense Bonus
  • 25: Expedient Reinforcement: Accuracy/Damage
  • 27: Expedient Reinforcement: Resist Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 24: Tactics

• A: Adjusted Targeting: To Hit Buff
  • 27: Adjusted Targeting: To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • 29: Adjusted Targeting: To Hit Buff/Endurance/Recharge
  • 33: Adjusted Targeting: Endurance/Recharge
  • 34: Adjusted Targeting: To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 26: Kuji In Zen

• A: Regenerative Tissue: +Regeneration

Level 28: Hasten

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • 29: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 30: Dark Servant

• A: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
  • 31: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/Recharge
  • 31: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • 31: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • 33: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Endurance/Healing/Absorb
  • 33: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge

Level 32: Evasive Maneuvers

• A: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 35: Charged Armor

• A: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 36: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 36: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP

Level 38: Vengeance

Level 41: Electrifying Fences

• A: Gravitational Anchor: Chance for Hold
  • 42: Gravitational Anchor: Immobilize/Recharge
  • 42: Gravitational Anchor: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 42: Gravitational Anchor: Immobilize/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 43: Gravitational Anchor: Immobilize/Endurance

Level 44: Stealth

Level 47: Grant Invisibility

Level 49: Infiltration

Inherents:

Level 1: Brawl

• (Empty)

Level 1: Sprint

• (Empty)

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• (Empty)

Level 1: Health

• A: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 3: Miracle: +Recovery
  • 3: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 1: Hurdle

• (Empty)

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Performance Shifter: EndMod
  • 5: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Level 1: Genin

Level 12: Jounin

Level 14: Afterburner

Level 22: Oni

Mastermind (Ninjas - Dark Miasma).mbd

• Thumbs Down 1

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

I can't open Warlawk's build to critique it, but I do know that a Theft of Essence: Chance for +End placed in Twilight Grasp is a very good idea.  Especially if ya have a build with high +Recharge.

Update:  I finally got Warlawk's build open.  I was using an older version of Mids' and it was not compatible with the file.

Warlawk's build is a PoS.  There is no kind way to put it.  Don't use his build or even reference it at all.

Edited by bellona100
Grammer & Update

12 hours ago, bellona100 said:

I can't open Warlawk's build to critique it, but I do know that a Theft of Essence: Chance for +End placed in Twilight Grasp is a very good idea.  Especially if ya have a build with high +Recharge.

On /dark MM's this is almost always a good idea (especially until fully IO'd out).  It reliable procs and can really take the edge off MM's higher endurance costs.

16 hours ago, bellona100 said:

Update:  I finally got Warlawk's build open.  I was using an older version of Mids' and it was not compatible with the file.

Warlawk's build is a PoS.  There is no kind way to put it.  Don't use his build or even reference it at all.

Anything constructive to offer? Specific complaints? Suggestions on things to change? I'm always happy to learn about sets I don't know well but I need something more specific than "it's a pos" to do so.

As for the +End proc I could see the use during leveling, but in general I don't find my MMs to be thirsty enough for that to be really required.

EDIT: As an example, I forgot Smoke Flash for some reason which is actually good now. Swapping out Electrifying Fences for Smoke Flash with two +5 Rech in it would be step 1 and also gives 3 slots to spread around.

Edited by Warlawk

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

16 hours ago, bellona100 said:

8 minutes ago, Warlawk said:

Anything constructive to offer? Specific complaints? Suggestions on things to change? I'm always happy to learn about sets I don't know well but I need something more specific than "it's a pos" to do so.

I didn't put the build into Mids, but I saw some approaches I wouldn't take:

Call Genin T1 has the slotting I would use for the T3 Oni. Generally, I find enhancing the T3 is better than slotting the uniques in the T3 I'd put an Overwhelming Force KB->KD and the Soulbound Allegiance %BuildUp pieces in the T1 henchmen. With those choices, I want 2x Superior Mark of Supremacy in each henchmen, and then fill with the uniques. If possible, add Acc/Damage pieces from sets to boost henchmen stats and get the some set bonuses.

As for /Dark.... my attitude depends on the slots available.

Tar Patch: Generally I go simple with 2xRecharge IO. It isn't a great %proc power, but it is a great -Resistance Power. Enhancing Slow is not really necessary IMO. I am dumbfounded why in this build the 6th slot isn't the last Ice Mistral's piece, as it would give a pretty big boost to AoE defense.

Twilight Grasp is IMO over-slotted, and it is using the wrong set. I would lean to this slotting, with or without the %+Endurance (there may be a better power for it, I'd have to experiment):

(A) Theft of Essence - Chance for +Endurance

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge

Darkest Night is almost certainly over-slotted for my taste.  Until I can drop a single Hami-O Enzyme in it, I will just slot for Endurance Cost. YMMV, but I don't take debuff powers so early in a build if I have better choices.

Howling Twilight: This isn't a terrible choice of slotting, but I prefer the following... this threads the needle for me on Recharge, Accuracy, Endurance, Stun and Damage... with more viable set bonuses. YMMV.

(A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy) OR Bombardment Chance of Damage(Fire)

(*) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

(*) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

Shadow Fall is an odd duck of a power, in that it can leverage useful uniques and/or go for set bonuses. MMY depeding on henchman protection. I would probably go with:

(A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

(*) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

(*) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection

(*) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

(*) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Fearsome Stare: I would replace the Siphon Insight piece with the %Psionic piece from Glimpse of the Abyss.

Dark Servant: I tend to only 4-slot Cloud Senses, because I don't think there is a better %proc option.

Charged Armor: 2-slot or 4-slot (or more) Unbreakable Guard... 3-slotting this set seems like a waste of a slot to me.

Tactics: On a Mastermind, once I am past one or two slots (going for +ToHit and Endurance) I think I would always go for the 6-slots of Gaussian's in order to get the extra Defense bonuses. My opinion is that I like extra global +Accuracy and +Recharge from Adjusted Targeting, but I like +Movement, +HP, +Recovery and +Defense MORE.

I haven't played Ninjas, but I have thoughts on the other powers:

I don't know how Kuji In Zen is working for the henchmen, but I generally don't trust a %proc piece in such a power. I suspect it is only working for the MM and only for 120 seconds after cast. If it also works for the Henchmen, I suppose recasting it over-and-over isn't a terrible strategy. I would have to monitor attributes of the henchmen before deciding if this is better than just slotting a Preventive Medicine %Absorb (or IO Health) I can't speak for Train Ninja options.

I wouldn't recommend skipping all the Primary MM attacks. I would give up Electrifying Fences... with Tar Patch I don't think the Immobilize is that necessary (and the power comes way late in the build). Taking the MM AoE attack (Fistful of Arrows) as early as possible does the following:

• It will draw aggro to the MM
  • It offers a chance for a good set bonus (I like 6xAnnihilation), mileage varies.
  • It offers a chance for %proc, if that is how you want to roll. I would absolutely include a %-Resistance piece (again, see Annihilation)

Keep in mind that even with %damage, most of the damage is coming from the Henchmen. Also don't forget the stiff Endurance tax that MMs pay for making attacks. All the extra Global Recharge is just helping the MM burn through Endurance faster.

19 hours ago, Warlawk said:

I doubt this is a combo I would run as I already have multiple /dark characters and Ninjas is not really my cup of tea as a primary. If I did run it, this is how I would do it (Yeah, I'm a +rech whore, come at me!).

What would you be doing with all that Global recharge? I didn't crunch the sets, but it looks as if the goal is simply to get (close to or beyond) perma-Hasten. As can be seen by some of my suggestions, I wouldn't chase after all that recharge... in fact I'd drop Hasten as well. I may have missed something but I didn't see any powers that really benefit from it, except possibly improved spamming of Howling Twilight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warlawk said:

Anything constructive to offer?

The great thing about Dark is it doesn't need a ton of recharge for it to be great. More recharge is nice to have to get Tar Patch/Howling Twilight up sooner, but really not essential. The other powers do not need the heavy recharge. Darkest Night, Fearsome Stare, Dark Servant and Shadow Fall. Even Twilight Grasp slotted heavily will cooldown in 2secs, slotted moderately for recharge will cooldown in 2.5secs. So many slots and power picks are dedicated to chase +recharge that it lessens the overall build in survivability and damage. 

I recommend building just enough to get Hasten close to perma. Drop the Concealment pool for the Fighting PP/Smoke Flash. Maybe drop the Flight PP for some MM attacks if flying isn't a theme. Get S/L res to cap with Tough+alternate IO slotting. Slot up the pets to utilize damage procs. Maybe take Electric Shackles and Petrifying Gaze to hold AVs and to have two proc monster attacks. Add the Steadfast and Glad Armor uniques so that the build will have equivalent softcap def to enemies affected by Darkest Night and Fearsome Stare.

I disagree with this advice:

48 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

Slot up the pets to utilize damage procs.

Unless a MM build has someplace other than the T1/T2/T3 henchmen to slot the Reisstance/Defense Aura Enhancements... 4 of which don't come from the ATO sets... these will need to go into the henchmen powers. The MM ATOs are worth using 10 of the 18 possible slots. This leave 4 slots across 3 henchmen to play with.  I typically have those 4 slots split between the T1 and T2.

For %proc to work in the henchmen, the henchmen will need to have Accuracy/ToHit... keeping in mind that for most of the game content the T1 and T2 will suffer a (negative) level shift against all enemies even-level and above to the MM. You also have to pick a %damage piece that can possibly trigger off of a majority of attacks made by the henchmen. This is why I like the KB->KD and the %Buildup.

My own preference is to make sure to use the Very Rare %BuildUp... preferably in the T1, but Genin are nuts with the KB->KD piece... so their last slot will almost certainly be an Accuracy/Damage piece. The T2 Jouninstill will need an Accuracy boost, so there isn't a lot of room there. I might consider a Boosted 50+5 Fury of the Gladiator Accuracy/Damage plus the Fury of the Gladiator %-Res, but honestly I think I'd just go 2x Soulbound Allegiance Acc/Dam 50+5 plus %Build Up.

EDIT: My bad, Soulbound Allegiance doesn't have a Accuracy/Damage piece! Sovereign Right (Attuned will probably be my choice)

Edited by tidge
  • Thumbs Up 1

I appreciate the detailed feedback, I don't know Ninjas well as I only have one and it's not a character that I play a lot. I did use a couple of personal attacks in that build and noticed no difference in performance when I don't use it. For something like a pylon test I'm sure it matters but for standard play I didn't find the investment worthwhile.

Most of the rest of the suggestions seem like they are primarily oriented toward a different playstyle rather than being objectively better/worse. Changing the heal slotting is an easy swap since the build is past permahasten anyways. As for what I'm doing with all that Rech, using my powers more often. Having Tar Patch, Howling Twilight and Fearsome Stare up more often provides more survivability in my experience than building for mediocre defense when Bodyguard and CC is going to be what saves you in most cases.

Excellent information though and it's always good to have other viewpoints!

3 hours ago, tidge said:

I don't know how Kuji In Zen is working for the henchmen, but I generally don't trust a %proc piece in such a power. I suspect it is only working for the MM and only for 120 seconds after cast. If it also works for the Henchmen, I suppose recasting it over-and-over isn't a terrible strategy. I would have to monitor attributes of the henchmen before deciding if this is better than just slotting a Preventive Medicine %Absorb (or IO Health) I can't speak for Train Ninja options.

Since they reworked the pet sets and made it so you could slot those sort of things into pet upgrades now, they changed the way they apply. In this case it applies as if that proc was slotted into the 45 sec CD heal that the henchmen get from the upgrade so the proc has the appropriate chance to trigger on the casting pet each time it uses its heal.

Is it a great thing and high value? Probably not, but WTF else are you going to put in that upgrade power?

I really do appreciate the responses though. Great to have this as a resource if I do get a ninja itch at some point in the future.

tidge is on point with the advice about damage procs.  If you want extra damage output from your henchmen, you would do it via the Alpha slot, Assault, and/or the primary attacks.  Let me post something that no one has mentioned outright:

Patch Notes for October 18th, 2022 - Issue 27, Page 5

Ninja

Snap Shot, Aimed Shot, and Fistful of Arrows

• Each of these attacks now grants a 3% chance for henchmen to crit for 30s.
  • The chance does not stack from the same power but each power can stack together, for up to +9% chance if all powers are used.

Smoke Flash

• Recharge increased to 90s from 20s
  • Duration lowered from 10s to 3s
  • No longer requires a target
  • Now hides all Ninja Henchmen, providing 100% chance to crit to the squad for 3s.

Kuji-In Zen (now Kuji-In Sha)

• This power now grants Kuji-In Sha (self heal) to all ninjas.
  • This power can be slotted with heal sets and enhancements, those will enhance your ninja's passives.
  • This power increases ninjas chance to crit by an additional 3% at all times.

Train Ninjas

• This power now grants +defense passives to ninjas.
  • This power can now be slotted with defense sets and enhancements, those will enhance your ninja's passives.
  • This power increases ninja's chance to crit by an additional 3% at all times.

Henchmen

• All ninjas now have a chance to crit at all times
  • This chance starts at 0% but can be increased via upgrades and personal attacks
  • Maximum crit chance outside of smoke flash is 15%
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tidge said:

I disagree with this advice:

Frankenslot the pets. Pets can get good stats, the pet uniques and the most useful damage procs by frankenslotting. The sacrifice being some of the IO set bonuses will be lost. The only set bonus to keep is the +30% recharge from split SMoS. Lose the SCotMM set, including +AoE def IO, as the pets will have equivalent softcap with Darkest Night running.

image.png.55fcf622c00337d3feefb626257d2673.png

1 hour ago, Warlawk said:

Since they reworked the pet sets and made it so you could slot those sort of things into pet upgrades now, they changed the way they apply. In this case it applies as if that proc was slotted into the 45 sec CD heal that the henchmen get from the upgrade so the proc has the appropriate chance to trigger on the casting pet each time it uses its heal.

Is it a great thing and high value? Probably not, but WTF else are you going to put in that upgrade power?

Until someone tests and reports back... I'm reluctant to believe that the +Regeneration piece actually works that way. I'm not saying anyone is wrong as the Necromancy upgrade power seems to work that way, but we know that the Robotics upgrade power (that takes heal sets) does not. The Miracle piece is a +15% Recovery... which maybe the Ninja need and maybe they don't... but I think I'd rather have the Preventive Maintenance %Absorb slotted in it, even if it only works for the MM. If that also works for the henchmen... bonus for them!

3 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

Frankenslot the pets. Pets can get good stats, the pet uniques and the most useful damage procs by frankenslotting. The sacrifice being some of the IO set bonuses will be lost. The only set bonus to keep is the +30% recharge from split SMoS. Lose the SCotMM set, including +AoE def IO, as the pets will have equivalent softcap with Darkest Night running.

The main point I want to make is that the henchmen need slotted accuracy to even have a chance to %proc. The slotting for Oni seems to be leaving a LOT of Damage Enhancement potential unused. Minimally: Edict of the Master caps at level 40... sometimes that compromise makes sense, I don't think it does on the T3.  The use of %proc on the T2 looks like a bade tradeoff: two (-1) hench with 4(?) powers that might trigger one %damage and a 10(?) second -Resistance debuff as opposed to always boosting the accuracy and damage of 7 attacks of the T3 Oni. As an aside: if the player had the recharge times of powers like Sting of the Wasp and Gambler's Cut... each under 7 seconds... I'd never sacrifice a set bonus for what the %proc rates would be if they were player attacks. Are the %proc chance that much improved for (two) Jounin?

Disclaimer: I am a believer in trying to get resistance debuffs into play via %proc, but my preference for Masterminds  is to have multiple powers (preferably not toggles or pseudo-pets) slotted with the same %-Resistance piece, because each successful re-application of that %-Res will extend the duration of the debuff... and it is IMO pretty much only in long duration fights with a lot of allies (or henchmen) that %-Resistance debuffs have a chance at shaving times. Otherwise I think it is better to simply slot a reliable %damage piece of an different sort of damage type. (because Resistance resists resistable resistance debuffs, and damage is damage.) I prefer to try to do this sort of debuffing with AoE attacks from the MM using the Annihilation piece, which I think could also be slotted in Howling Twilight.

This is just me: I won't trust henchmen defense numbers until I see them in game, specifically because of Level shifts, proximity to the MM (for Supremacy, if nothing else) and enemy debuffs.

The good news is that with unslotters, it is trivial to test alternate slotting for henchmen. For Ninja, I suggest:

T1:

(A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Overwhelming Force – Damage/Knockback-to-Knockdown

(*) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets

(*) Sovereign Right – Accuracy/Damage

(*) Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus

T2:

(A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Soulbound Allegiance – Chance for Build Up: Level 50

(*) Edict of the Master: Defense Bonus

(*) Call to Arms: Defense Aura for Pets

(*) Call to Arms: Accuracy/Damage

T3:

(A) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy: Endurance, +Resist (All) +Regen(Pets): Level 50

33 minutes ago, tidge said:

Until someone tests and reports back... I'm reluctant to believe that the +Regeneration piece actually works that way.

Capture3.JPG

EDIT: Just so it's clear, I parked him in the middle of some enemies and watched his heal go off then the attributes window immediately reflected the proc.

Edited by Warlawk
  • Thanks 1

It was tested back in Nov/Dec 2022, a bit after i27.5 was released. Necro is the only pet where the heal uniques will constantly stay active when slotted in an upgrade. I speculate it has something to do with Necro's increased HP from Dark Empowerment. Ninjas can proc them when they heal themselves. Protector Bots can proc them (Only on themselves) when they heal another bot-mate. The only heal uniques that can trigger on pets are Regenerative Tissue, Miracle, Numina's and Panacea.  

Other uniques to consider on pets are Kismet in Ninjas and Mercs. Impervious Skin in Necro, Mercs and Bots. Kismet and Impervious Skin are always active after upgrade. Pets do not get the KB protection from Steadfast, no +max HP from Unbreakable Guard etc

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Warlawk said:

Capture3.JPG

EDIT: Just so it's clear, I parked him in the middle of some enemies and watched his heal go off then the attributes window immediately reflected the proc.

What is the total Regeneration rate with a level 50 Heal IO?

13 hours ago, tidge said:

A Heal IO would improve the heal the pets cast but would not improve regeneration at all because there's nothing in Kuji-In Sha that provides regeneration so nothing to be enhanced.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/30/2023 at 5:45 PM, tidge said:

Slotting a single heal IO will only improve Necro pet's regen rate. Dark Empowerment increases the pet's max HP and in turn, increases their regen. It will not work on Ninjas or Bots. The improvement a single heal IO on Necro pets will be minimal, probably around 0.1-0.2 hp/s.

• 1 month later
  • 2 months later