Epic Power Pools for BRUTES

Squid Vicious

Is it possibly this (another recent thread from the Beta Forum)?

On 7/31/2019 at 2:25 PM, GM Capocollo said:

Mu Mastery is a Patron Pool.  You get access to the patron pools through the Arachnos patron mission arcs; on Justin you're automatically granted the badge that comes from these arcs.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On 8/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, Squid Vicious said:

Well hell ... how is a Brute on the Blue side supposed to access those?   Can we WITHOUT 'going rogue'?   🤨

I main Redside and I would suggest picking Black Scorpion as your Patron.  He has the easiest arc to get through.  Once you finish the Arc you will be awarded a free Respec which will give you access to ALL of the Patron Powers including the Mu Mastery ones.  After that is done you can safely switch back to Blueside 😄 .

1 hour ago, Tater Todd said:

I main Redside and I would suggest picking Black Scorpion as your Patron.  He has the easiest arc to get through.  Once you finish the Arc you will be awarded a free Respec which will give you access to ALL of the Patron Powers including the Mu Mastery ones.  After that is done you can safely switch back to Blueside 😄 .

Thanks for this, but I think I'll keep the blue Epic pool I selected - and NOT risk being stuck serving Lord Recluse after I'm done.    I mean, really ... all that trust placed on a seagull in Pocket D?   😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, Squid Vicious said:

I've noticed many more Epic Power Pool choices for my Elec / Fire brute on Justin than on 'live'.  Is this intended?

What choices are you seeing?  That would probably help us understand what's going on.

2 hours ago, Generator said:

What choices are you seeing?  That would probably help us understand what's going on.

Sure thing.  On Homecoming's 'live' servers (I'm a HERO on Excelsior), I was offered only (4) Epic Power Pools from which to choose:

Energy Mastery

Pyre Mastery

Arctic Mastery

Earth Mastery

On 'Justin', I was offered the (4) pools listed above plus the following:

Soul Mastery

Mace Mastery

Leviathan Mastery

Mu Mastery

So, if it's intended these additional pools are offered only to villain brutes, ok.   I'll assume they don't have access to Energy, Pyre, Arctic, or Earth unless they decide to 'go rogue' via the gull, right?  We can call it a day then.  🙂

Edited by Squid Vicious

On Justin, upon login, you are automatically granted the badge that unlocks the Patron Power Pools...this is expected behavior, but only on the Beta Server...

As for fairness, no, the Epics are offered to both Heros/Villains, the Patron pools only to villains...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You don't actually have to go all the way Villain.  You can go to Null, change to the Rogue alignment, and then go into the Rogue Isles and run the arc to get the Patron Power Pools.  Just make a new costume and run it like you're undercover if you're looking for an RP justification.  I always feel a bit of satisfaction at stealing the bad guys' power and using it against them.  🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justicebeliever said:

... As for fairness, no, the Epics are offered to both Heros/Villains, the Patron pools only to villains...

Well ... I suppose the red side needs its perks.  I rest easy knowing how outnumbered they are.

Thanks for the response.