I've had a lot of years to think about Masterminds

20 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

-Attack command stance being on the same setting toggle as Goto, Stay, Follow. It seems to me that Goto, stay, and follow should be separated from attack.    I haven’t done a complete use-case break down on this idea but my thoughts keep leaning that direction.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, this is at least fixed with binds. Sandolphan's being the standard.

1 minute ago, William Valence said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, this is at least fixed with binds. Sandolphan's being the standard.

I think what they're saying is that there should be a "stay" command, that locks the pet(s) in location, so they don't attempt to close to melee or otherwise follow an enemy in any way.  Right now, if I issue a goto command for my pets, then issue an attack command, (or if they're in anything other than the passive stance and detect an enemy or are attacked), they likely will move from the spot I just sent them to, especially if they have any melee attacks in their chain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
30 minutes ago, Dr Causality said:

I never understood how Thugs got Leadership Abilities like Maneuvers, while Merc's who are soldiers don't .   Seems to backwards. 

I guess the thugs are representing, while the mercs are just following orders.  

All the MM pets could stand a little more survivability.  Its almost like they were balanced when the game only had SOs and no incarnates 

Even the "durable" pets are only relatively durable  with certain secondaries.  Hence the popular Demons/thermal, Bots/FF, thugs/dark, etc parings.  

Make it so the ranged pets don't try and melee.  Buff the melees pets def/res

Revist the level shifts?  Maybe those are a bit much nowadays.  Maybe one less.

Give Mercs more hp so the dang medic can actually heal one before they die?  Does the medic have a rez? If not, why not?   Same with the lich.  How come the MM has to do all the work? 

Anyway /signed. It shouldn't be necessary to pick one of a handful of "good" combos. 

• Like 1

I've played MMs, but I am not a master. My comment is that it seems pets are balanced by inconvenience. Demons and Robots are the best (according to thsi thread) and they are also the ones that take up the most space and are infamous for pushing PCs around.

Balanced by inconvenience is generally not a good idea.