Any chance for customizing pets in the future?

renegade0

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this. Sorry if it isn't.

I know the devs back in the day refused to let us have the option for female minions, or maybe it was speculation? It's been years, i barely remember.

I imagine something like this is extremely low on the priority list, but it would be great if we could edit minions/pets with the same level of customization as our characters so we can have them match our themes. For the non-humanoid ones, maybe there could be an option to have humanoid versions (like androids or human looking demons).

For years i've personally had this idea for a female Thug mastermind with an all female gang and they're all dressed in poorly made make shift super hero costumes.

• 1 month later

It probably wont happen. Though if the guys running this homecoming stuff made a campaign to raise money to fund it I would donate hundreds...

I have wanted to reskin thugs as the Family/mobsters since the original game was live. I was so disappointed with how awful thugs looked, I was sure when I heard they were coming they would be mobsters with names like thug, enforcer, gang war... etc. Oh well.

Tempest actually talked about this.  Actual customization is unlikely, but they do want to give us more options.  Like the way he explained it...

Say you have a "Soldiers" set.  This would include your Mercenaries, Longbow, Arachnos, etc.  The customization you pick would flavor it a bit.

Or Civilians would include Thugs and others like that.

Now again, this was more Tempest brainstorming with players in Kallisti Wharf, however as he said, this kid of "more options" is way more likely that the full customization we wish we could have, but probably isn't feasible.

I think it would be hard to customize the existing pets because the modeling is baked right in to the powers. As much as we'd like customizable and colorable minions the way we do our costumes and power sets I think it was just too much time/effort for Paragon Studios, much less the fan servers working part time with hand-me-down spaghetti code.

If we could pick from a list of similar NPCs for our pets that would be fantastic though, and probably get most of us really close to what we would like... Robot MMs with old school Clockworks. Thugs based on different gangs. Replace demons with the Tuatha or Tikis. The options would be huge.

I myself would super love to be able to swap out thugs on one of my masterminds for female Skulls members. The character is Geisterdamen "Ghost Women", as a homage to The Shadow. A masked figure in a trench coat dealing out two fisted justice with pistols who sometimes is backed up by gang members she's rehabilitated. Yet all my "Ghost Women" are men....

I am onboard with any ability to change your minions.  Gender options, in my opinion, should be the first thing to look at but even if we can colour tint them it would be a great improvement.  Using existing graphics and designs would be a great option too.  Very likely a lot of work for the devs, but we remain hopefull