Wind Control

mendal

• Retired Game Master

Wind control exists in the powers database but there are no assets for it (effects & animations). Same for the other origin power pools. They were planned for i24 or a later issue but weren't in an easily implementable state like Sorcery. It's something that will probably get implemented eventually, once assets are made for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, the former devs must have pretty much planned on never using KB again if even THIS set didn't have any. A little knock-up and knockdown is all. I get that KB creates controversy and we're all tired of that particular argument, but I'm not sure a Wind Control set that CAN'T blow things across the room feels quite right to me.

That said, I'd probably use it anyway.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:49 AM, Yoru-hime said:

Wow, the former devs must have pretty much planned on never using KB again if even THIS set didn't have any. A little knock-up and knockdown is all. I get that KB creates controversy and we're all tired of that particular argument, but I'm not sure a Wind Control set that CAN'T blow things across the room feels quite right to me.

That said, I'd probably use it anyway.

I think part of it is that a controllers job is typically to keep people still so everyone else can hit it. Also controllers can always go Wind/Storms If they absolutely must have KB (Which also might be why it doesn't have any it might bake that combo slightly redundant). Still does feel a bit odd, and maybe a bit cynical afterall you probably would have been required to purchase this power originally, so they would have wanted to make it as desirable as possible in order to facilitate purchases. 

5 hours ago, Pbuckley818 said:

I think part of it is that a controllers job is typically to keep people still so everyone else can hit it. Also controllers can always go Wind/Storms If they absolutely must have KB (Which also might be why it doesn't have any it might bake that combo slightly redundant). Still does feel a bit odd, and maybe a bit cynical afterall you probably would have been required to purchase this power originally, so they would have wanted to make it as desirable as possible in order to facilitate purchases. 

Bolded for truth, not that i'm complaining, though i keep it to myself in PUGs I loathe the cavalier way most players deal out KB