The Great Archetype Concept Battle [Round 1]: Left Bracket

Zepp

The Great Archetype Concept Battle [Round 1]: Left Bracket  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Archetype Concept? The Paladin v Zoomer

• The Paladin
    • Zoomer
  2. 2. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Infested Infiltrator v Instigator Take Two

• Infested Infiltrator
    • Instigator Take Two

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/19 at 02:59 PM

Welcome to The Great Archetype Concept Battle. This is a set of polls wherein proposed Archetypes go head to head to determine community interest. The Polls will be open for approximately one week and the brackets will be updated weekly. The goal is to come up with a single proposed archetype concept that the whole community can rally behind.

Voting should be based, in principle, on Feasibility, Niche, & Interest.

Feasibility: 1 (difficult to balance, requires a large amount of set development, etc.) to 10 (could be in-game tomorrow)

Niche: 1 (is already addressed by another AT) to 10 (there is a hole in the game that this would fill)

Interest: 1 (I wouldn't play it) to 10 (I plan to make at least 20 alts in this AT)

Your Contestants!

Battle 1: The Paladin v Zoomer

The Paladin (19.07.20.23.47.10)

Support/Melee

Zeal: Provides HoT and Def, which increases with enemy engagement

This is a melee support class with sufficient sustainability to be in the fray, but not enough to tank.

Zoomer (19.07.25.22.56.xx)

Manipulation/Assault

Zoom: Personal +SPD for ranged, enemy -SPD for melee, and increased speed cap.

Zoomers offer the feel of playing a speedster while providing access to two AT-specific power sets that are versatile an fun.

Battle 2: Infested Infiltrator v Instigator Take Two

Infested Infiltrator 19.07.13.09.46.25)

{Melee/Pet}*/Armor*

[placeholder]:

EAT similar to a Wolf Spider but with a more alien feel.

Instigator Take 2 (19.07.27.22.25.xx)

Assault/Armor

Instigation & Resolve: They have an inherent punchvoke ability, Instigation, similar to Tankers, they also have a secondary inherent that provides stacks of absorb while out of combat.

Instigators are mobile meat shields in the truest sense. Tankers are frontline tanks, Brutes are scrapperlocked tanks, Instigators go to where the aggro is (stupid Blaster AoEs).

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

The Paladin (19.07.20.23.47.10)

Feasibility: 7 - While easy to port powersets, I see balance issues as taking some time.

Niche: 4 - It seems to be competing for a niche with Defender.

Interest: 3 - It would be fun, but I do not really see why I would choose it over a Defender.

Zoomer (19.07.25.22.56.xx)

Feasibility: 8 - While easy to port powersets, there may be some balance issues.

Niche: 9 - This archetype provides a novel feel, and also provides a tool currently not readily available for team fights.

Interest: 10 - I really want to try this one out.

Infested Infiltrator 19.07.13.09.46.25)

Feasibility: 2 - Two unique and lots of new complex animations. This would be a huge investment.

Niche: 2 - It seems to be competing for a niche with Wolf Spider.

Interest: 5 - I like the idea, but not the investment.

Instigator Take 2 (19.07.27.22.25.xx)

Feasibility: 8 - While easy to port powersets, there may be some balance issues.

Niche: 5 - Just different enough from Tankers and Brutes to be considered its own AT.

Interest: 6 - I would give it a go.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I have to vote for the Instigator. I love the idea of the Infested Infiltrator but it's so hard to structure...

The secondary Powersets were going to focus on Emanators, by the way. Ground targeted area of effect buffs and such. With defensive powers for the rest of the secondary.

And the Zoomer is way better in my mind than the Paladin, though I still feel like it'd need a lot more than "Primary Sustain" to reasonably survive and deal damage!

Paladin sounds interesting.  Although it would be nice if the shield power set could be worked in as a secondary.

The other 3 are already covered IMO:

Zoomer sounds a bit like a corrupter.

Infiltrator = Wolf Spider as stated

Instigator = Brute/Scrapper

Edited by krj12

37 minutes ago, krj12 said:

Paladin sounds interesting.  Although it would be nice if the shield power set could be worked in as a secondary.

The other 3 are already covered IMO:

Zoomer sounds a bit like a corrupter.

Infiltrator = Wolf Spider as stated

Instigator = Brute/Scrapper

A Zoomer is like a Corruptor with Melee attacks and no support powers and also some control effects.

An Infiltrator is kind of like a Wolf Spider, S'truth!

The Instigator is like a Brute or Scrapper with less defenses and Ranged attacks. It would be more accurate to compare them to Sentinels (since they'd share the same defensive sets) but a Tankier Sentinel that has more reason to get into melee than their Ult or the occasionally PBAoE.

But a Dominator is like a Controller without the Buffs. So long as you're willing to ignore the things that make them different they're basically the same thing!

17 hours ago, Zepp said:

Paladin v Zoomer

Throwing my vote to the Paladin since it sounds like a good middle spot between Defender and Tanker. Though, I fear this won't stand out uniquely enough from well built Defenders.

Infested v Instigator v2

I'm leaning towards the Infested only because the Instigator doesn't stand out to me from what Tankers and Brutes can already do. 

Edited by Rylas

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png