PvP question for zones.

Dester

Hi Everyone,

I made a new character on Indomitable, which is the unofficial PvP server.  I am not a big PvP person and like PvE in this game.  Is there any difference on this server versus the others?  Are you automatically flagged or anything in any zones?  What is different on a PvP server?  Is it just people can PvP if they want to?  I don't want to get ganked and don't plan on PvPing much.  

Thanks for the help.

There are three four PVP zones: Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg and Recluse's Victory.

If you go into those zones, you will be flagged for PVP while in those zones.

Otherwise, you can go about your business and never set foot in them and never PVP.

ETA: Can't count - thanks Pax for the correction.

Edited by ZemyaSoldat

Indomitable is "the unofficial PvP server" only in the sense that people who DO like PvP will tend to congregate there, providing their community with a better population who will go into the PvP zones.

PvP, mechanically, will work the same there as anywhere else.  Most of the zones will be pure PvE, just like the other servers.

There are, by the by, four PvP zones, not three:

1. Bloody Bay - available at level 15; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 25;
  2. Siren's Call - available at level 20; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 30;
  3. Warburg - available at level 30; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 38;
  4. Recluse's Victory - available at level 40; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 50;

In most of the zones, PvP is along Faction lines: Heroes (and Vigilantes) versus Villains (and Rogues).

The exception is Warburg, which is a Free-for-all zone; people on your team are friendlies, everyone else is a target.  (You may only form teams with people from the same Faction, however - no mixed groups allowed.)

Edited by PaxArcana
  • Thanks 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

All servers function the same but there are unofficial designations. Everlasting for example is the 'RP server' so expect folks to be a bit more whimsical and in character (usually not to the detriment of doing missions/TFs of course).

As ZemyaSoldat said, those three zones listed are the only PvP flagged zones, no player can engage PvP with you in other zones, at most you get teleported into the Arena only if you agree to duel.

You are permitted to transfer characters to different servers, 4 per 2-3 days I think.

Thanks everyone.  So those 3 (or 4) zones are on all servers already?  They are already PvP flagged zones on the other servers?  Meaning, there is no difference between any of the servers, except people who want to PvP will know to go into the zones with a chance to meet like minded PvP players?

2 minutes ago, Dester said:

Thanks everyone.  So those 3 (or 4) zones are on all servers already?  They are already PvP flagged zones on the other servers?  Meaning, there is no difference between any of the servers, except people who want to PvP will know to go into the zones with a chance to meet like minded PvP players?

Absolutely correct!

30 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

There are, by the by, four PvP zones, not three:

1.  Bloody Bay - available at level 15; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 25;
  2. Siren's Call - available at level 20; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 30;
  3. Warburg - available at level 30; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 38;
  4. Recluse's Victory - available at level 40; everyone is sidekicked or exemplar'd to level 50;

I *knew* I was forgetting one! Thanks, Pax!

• Like 1

Not a PvP zone, but if you have a group that wish to PvP each other regardless of faction you can go to the Arena in Pocket D, which is a neutral zone that both blueside and redside can enter and interact in and party.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I'll also chime in and say that I play on Indomitable (first I picked when I started, I do not do pvp at all) and I've been in the pvp zones purely for badges and been the only one there every time. So, at least to my observations, pvp is either dead or on life support. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior