[Brackets] and power and the forum.

A random thought just occurred to me.  In game we can link powers by placing the power name in brackets.  [Sprint] for example.  I've noticed the forum has a related feature with names  (e.x. @KnightSoul).  I'm wondering if the software has the capacity to bring that in game function onto the forums.  I'll poke around the the instructions , but its not my area of expertise.

Obviously it would be a huge data entry project to do so, but we can crowdsource it if the PTB determine that they have the technology and drive.

• Thanks 1

I think that in game you're in an full window environment so you may not be able to open help, or tab out to a new window and crack open a browser.

But it's different on the forum, you're already using a browser and can pull up a site that will provide powersets info, gaming information. 

The member tagging system is based members accounts. It sends a notification 🔔 to that member that they've been tagged. 

Now that's a robust system probably requiring way more modifications than the forum devs may want to do. 

Alternatively, there is another workaround already built in but it'll still take manpower to enter the info. 

There the Acronym setting that allows forums to to provide custom definitions to words/phrases. The forum puts a dotted underline under the word and a mouseover will reveal the full meaning. 

Edited by Alty

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

• City Council

This is something we recently discussed actually. Though I can't make any promises or give any sort of time frame, it's something we'd be interested in doing 🙂

• Like 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 hour ago, Cipher said:

This is something we recently discussed actually. Though I can't make any promises or give any sort of time frame, it's something we'd be interested in doing 🙂

If you all do modify the member tagging system to act like the in game powersets info brackets, please share that mod so other Invision forum owners can use it. Basically I mean me... Share it with me. 😁

Additionally if you're going to use the acronym system and compose a list, share that too with all the other Invision forum owne-- me, again I mean me. 😊 

Please and thank you in advance. 

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

You mean, like how in the WoW forums you can put an item name/number in, and people reading your post get a little mouse-over showing the actual item stats?  But for Powers, and maybe Enhancements, here?

+1 to that idea!

If we can make it work - even just auto-parsing a link to the correct Wiki page - it'd be great help, especially when offering advice to newer players.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism