a few questions about "unique" enhancements

miaasma

so i got a recipe for Unbreakable Constraint as a random drop and noticed that it's a unique enhancement, while also noticing that it has set bonuses.  when it says "only one enhancement of this type may be slotted by a character", does it mean only this version (hold duration) or any Unbreakable Constraint enhancement?  and if it's the latter, then how does one acquire the set bonuses?

still fairly new to enhancement sets in general so any help would be appreciated!

Only the version is unique. So your character can only slot 1 Unbreakable Constraint: Hold Duration, but you can still slot the other Unbreakable Constraint enhancements (only 1 of each as they're all unique). If you slot them into the same power, you will start unlocking those set bonuses.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Also, if you slot the whole set of Unbreakable Constraint (or any other purple), don't Attune them, and don't buy them pre-Attuned from the auctionhouse either. The purpose of Attuning is to let you keep set bonuses no matter how far you exemplar down, as long as the set exists at that level--but purple (Very Rare) Enhancement sets already do that. (And so do PVP sets.)

So, if you want to get a little more oomph out of them, use five Enhancement Boosters on each one instead. You don't really get that much extra performance out of them, so it may not be worth the cost to get all the boosters, but some people like to. 

Edited by Robotech_Master
  • Like 1

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!