Ultimate Mission Helper Macro!

Living_Hellfire

I don't know if you are all aware of this, but over at the Justice/Excelsior Discord server some of us are geniuses. Not me, of course, I have my hands full just being this Legendary. It's a full time job, but I do it well.

Anyway, one such genius is my good friend Profit, one of our stalwart and dependable admins! He's come up with a tool that you can use to do all kinds of interesting things. It will generate little macros for inspiration management and for badge collection (ALL OF THEM!) not to mention even mini walkthroughs and guides on how to get accolades. This thing does it all, it slices, it dices it'll turn your toon into a mission completin', badge collectin', accolade havin', power gettin' monster!

Just download the zip file and extract it into your game folder. When extracting the files make sure the target location is CoH > Data > Texts > English and in that English folder you extract this file so that it should look like this CoH > Data > Texts > English > Menus and inside the Menus folder will be the actual data files.

Make sure you restart the game from desktop and then once in game create yourself a macro with the following command; /macro MH "popmenu mission_helper" and it'll create a little grey button and that's it, you're off to the races.

See? This is why this community is the best community in online gaming, shit like this.

Remember, we're always looking to make new friends over at the Justice/Excelsior Discord server, so feel free to come on by and say hi! Maybe sit and stay a while! You're all invited!
https://discord.gg/8FmTPyc

SS1.png

SS2.png

SS3.png

SS4.png

menus.zip

Edited by Living_Hellfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-The Legendary Living Hellfire

"The newest person in the room is always the most important person in the room"

38 minutes ago, Sidious said:

Nice! Have you seen any issues with the 64 bit client yet?

There has been no testing on the 64-bit client as of yet, however with the way this works the maps and .mnu files should not interfere with the .exe at all.

-The Legendary Living Hellfire

"The newest person in the room is always the most important person in the room"

I have just tested on the 64 bit client and it does work there as well.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Everything required is in the menus.zip in the OP. Hopefully one day you can join us in the discord 😄 Maybe using the browser client.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ok, so newblet question:

When I went to unzip this, I didnt have a Data> folder or any of the subfolders.  Someone in game said that those werent made by default so I made them myself and unzipped the file inside the English subfolder.  I made the macro in game but get no menu pop-up. Any ideas? 

Recheck your folder path Puma.

data\texts\English\menus

Many people put either text or menu instead of texts and menus.

Also be sure to completely log out of the game back to the desktop. The way COH works is that it only loads up that menus when the game first loads up so you need to start the game fresh when installing any type of popmenu.

Edited by Profit

• 1 month later
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, Living_Hellfire said:

I don't know if you are all aware of this, but over at the Justice/Excelsior Discord server some of us are geniuses. Not me, of course, I have my hands full just being this Legendary. It's a full time job, but I do it well.

Just download the zip file and extract it into your game folder. When extracting the files make sure the target location is CoH > Data > Texts > English and in that English folder you extract this file so that it should look like this CoH > Data > Texts > English > Menus and inside the Menus folder will be the actual data files.

Make sure you restart the game from desktop and then once in game create yourself a macro with the following command; /macro MH "popmenu mission_helper" and it'll create a little grey button and that's it, you're off to the races.

Hello, and try as I might, I am able to find the CoH folder, but when I open it I am not able to find any of the other subfolders you mentioned here. No Data, No Texts, & No English folders.  How do I go about finding them. I would really love to be able to use this program. Thank you for any help in this matter.

2 hours ago, Robert D. said:

Hello, and try as I might, I am able to find the CoH folder, but when I open it I am not able to find any of the other subfolders you mentioned here. No Data, No Texts, & No English folders.  How do I go about finding them. I would really love to be able to use this program. Thank you for any help in this matter.

I believe you can just make the folders yourself. My main folder is /CoX and everything works fine under that directory. I had to create a fonts folder to make a change to my fonts. 

Edited: So, that I am not talking out of my butt, I just had to create the folders. Once done, I put all the files in the /menu folder, started CoX, made my macro and BAM works just fine 🙂

Edited by Chuckers
  • Like 1

Does anybody have the link to this zip folder as listed above in the white banner.  When I click on it, it does not open up at all.  I have already created the correct folders now in my CoH folder, just need the link now to extract them.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

Edited by Robert D.