Poison Defender??

ChernobylMan

1 hour ago, ChernobylMan said:

I'm thinking about starting a Poison/* Defender. Is the Def version of Poison as strong as it seems it will be??

I just could not get into poison, no matter how many times I tried.  Give nature or radiation a try - everything poison can do, they can do better...

Poison is a perfectly fine set... but some of the powers are not for me.

The key powers are Envenom, Weaken, Poison Trap and Venomous Gas. 

Poison Trap is one of the best proc'ing powers in the game. Can easily go to above 400 pts of damage with mag 4 hold (short) and -res to boot. Available every minute prior to any global recharge so it can be dropped down to 25 seconds or so and 1 sec activation time. NOTE: single target poison hold can do much the same. 

Also Neurotoxic Breath is sneaky good (81% -rech, slow, small chance of hold)

Weaken has a very nice side in that you get mezzed for only short duration compared to most others. 

Here's how I go about life with my Poison/Beam (only level 39 atm). Stealth in with VG on (and purps), wait for clumping and drop the trap. Then Envenom/Weaken/aoe from blast set. target big boss and see how quick I can get disintegrate to trigger. jump back and NB/Cutting Beam. 

Once I get fully proc'd, it should go much easier. 

BTW, I do have tough/weave and will try out Psy line to see if world of confusion makes me happy. 

• Like 1

Thermal is a fine set. Empathy is a fine set. Traps is a fine set. Poison needs tweaking. It's mainly a ST debuffer (the splash debuff numbers are laughable at best), with no unique features. Not only that, but there is not a single power in the whole set that buffs the user (not even the heal), making it harder to use Noxious Gas (self PbAoE aura  - which we all know it should be casted on another player, just like Sonic Disruption) or to reach certain goals (soft cap defense, high recharge, proc heavy set, etc).

Mind you, I would LOVE to play a Poison character (and I do have a Defender and a Controller planned), but I can't say it's a "fine" set when it needs some serious attention. Give us a way to spread the Poison debuffs (with Neurotoxic Breath or Poison Trap, for example) or simply rework the slashing debuff mechanics.

Edited by Falsey

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

Poison is tricky without a doubt and you have to be active, but it's one of those sets that has very nice potential.

The whole "splash effect is no good" is, I think, not accurate. I'll demonstrate using a base Poison build I have. 

Weaken has a -14.27% ToHit and a -18.75% Damage with a Radius of 8.

Envenom has a -29.5% Def and -20% Res with a Radius of 8.

Remember these values are just for Lts and minions you hit because you placed the Target on the boss and he gets double those values.

Now add on the values from Venomous Gas on top to everything (if you are close enough) and you now get

Boss -47.99% ToHit, -56.25% Dam, -65% Res, a whopping -79.25% Defense and -74.5% for all status effects that he might throw.

Lts and Minions -33.77% ToHit, -37.5% Dam, -45% Res and -49.75% Defense.

Adding onto it, you get an autohit 8 second Hold with Radius of 25 (just eyeballing that, might be 20). If you proc this out you can get ~500 damage on it.  Or you can use it as a hold for ~16 seconds. What's very nice about this power is the cast time of 1 second combined with a just 1 minute recharge.

So it can be either a very nice nuke or (if you Clarion Radial Epiphany to get it to ~24 seconds) a perma hold patch with moderate to good damage.

I think we can safely say we've neutered the larger part of the group you are facing in less than 5 seconds (times right you can cut into this time with jumping in). Now we have to address stuff outside of the hold/nuke area.

Well here we have a single target hold and a tasty -81.25% Rec slow power. We might take some damage, but not a lot.

Tactically, my advice for Poison is SS/stealth, jump in with Weaken going off and Poison Trap. From then on you have lots of safety and can go to town on the rest. 

If I were looking to "fix" the poison set it would be to maybe up the splash radius for Weaken and Envenom to 10 or 12 but more than that is OP imo. The other thing I would do is make Alkaloid act like Weaken/Envenom and give it a splash effect with half healing in that area too. It would make it unique and place it on my list of must haves for a Poison build.

Alternatively, add a "special" status resistance to the Alkaloid splash effect giving Poison a very unique heal that when added with weaken makes any holds/stuns/etc an extremely short duration.

Here's the starter build for Poison I had.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Poison
Secondary Power Set: Water Blast
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Envenom -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(3), AnlWkn-DefDeb(3), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(9)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Weaken -- SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(5), SphIns-ToHitDeb(5), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 6: Neurotoxic Breath -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(7)
Level 8: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 10: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 12: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 14: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 16: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 18: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 20: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 22: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 24: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(27), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), UnbCns-Dam%(29), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(29), Arm-Dam%(31)
Level 28: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Paralytic Poison -- Lck-%Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(34), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36)
Level 32: Venomous Gas -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(33), HO:Enzym(33)
Level 35: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 38: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 47: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 49: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
Level 50: Intuition Core Paragon
Level 1: Combo Level 1
Level 1: Combo Level 2
Level 1: Combo Level 3
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
------------

Edited by Ankhammon

Poison takes a bit to get it clicking and it definitely isn't for everyone. It could use some tweaks as the small aoe's can be a challenge to use effectively.

However, it is one of the strongest sets available for a fast moving team. Always on aoe 25% -res, huge -res on a boss or two, check out my poison trap testing for aoe damage.

It isn't that great at keeping the user alive, but in general IO's add a lot more survivability to soft builds than they add offense to tough builds. Surviving just isn't an issue in most teams. 

On 8/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, Ankhammon said:

Poison is tricky without a doubt and you have to be active, but it's one of those sets that has very nice potential.

The whole "splash effect is no good" is, I think, not accurate. I'll demonstrate using a base Poison build I have. 

Weaken has a -14.27% ToHit and a -18.75% Damage with a Radius of 8.

Envenom has a -29.5% Def and -20% Res with a Radius of 8.

Remember these values are just for Lts and minions you hit because you placed the Target on the boss and he gets double those values.

Now add on the values from Venomous Gas on top to everything (if you are close enough) and you now get

Boss -47.99% ToHit, -56.25% Dam, -65% Res, a whopping -79.25% Defense and -74.5% for all status effects that he might throw.

Lts and Minions -33.77% ToHit, -37.5% Dam, -45% Res and -49.75% Defense.

Adding onto it, you get an autohit 8 second Hold with Radius of 25 (just eyeballing that, might be 20). If you proc this out you can get ~500 damage on it.  Or you can use it as a hold for ~16 seconds. What's very nice about this power is the cast time of 1 second combined with a just 1 minute recharge.

So it can be either a very nice nuke or (if you Clarion Radial Epiphany to get it to ~24 seconds) a perma hold patch with moderate to good damage.

I think we can safely say we've neutered the larger part of the group you are facing in less than 5 seconds (times right you can cut into this time with jumping in). Now we have to address stuff outside of the hold/nuke area.

Well here we have a single target hold and a tasty -81.25% Rec slow power. We might take some damage, but not a lot.

Tactically, my advice for Poison is SS/stealth, jump in with Weaken going off and Poison Trap. From then on you have lots of safety and can go to town on the rest. 

This was my thought process when I rolled my poison/DP defender. From a numbers perspective it sounds *great*, but when it comes to actual gameplay poison doesn't work as smoothly. Realistically, Weaken won't debuff enough of the spawn to mitigate the alpha strike on anything higher than x1, and because the splash effect only applies half of the debuff values to adjacent mobs it's not potent enough to neuter the mobs that do get hit. I thought that the set would improve after picking up Venomous Gas for the complimentary debuffing, but unlike Time's Juncture (which has a built in slow and a larger radius of 25 vs VG's 15) there's no inherent way to keep mobs in the area of effect. Poison trap is great for damage, but as a hold or personal survivability tool (which is what the set really needs IMO), it is unreliable, even with a lockdown proc. At higher levels of difficulty the hold is especially underwhelming. I like Neurotoxic Breath, but applying it to any meaningful portion of the spawn requires jumping way out of melee range because the cone is so narrow. This wouldn't be a problem if VG's effects lingered for a few seconds, but as it stands now mobs will definitely get a few pot-shots in. If one of those shots happens to mez, it's essentially face plant time. Opening with Neurotoxic Breath is a no-go, because even though enemy recharge is shot to hell that first volley is gonna HURT, and unlike most other primaries, poison doesn't have a way of recovering from that damage.

With all that said, teams do clear much faster when I'm around. The only problem is that VG draws a lot of aggro if it tags something before the tank, and because I'm in melee range often I get *skewered* by AoEs. On higher difficulties it doesn't take many AoEs to put me down. I could hang back and debuff from range, but then I'd be missing out on the great debuffs of VG.

I agree that the set does have a lot of potential with significant IO investment, but I don't want to invest that much in a set that feels so clunky out of the box. IOing is also trickier for poison because it doesn't have any inherent survivability tools to build on outside of its potent, but unwieldy, debuffs.

38 minutes ago, shushilady said:

This was my thought process when I rolled my poison/DP defender. From a numbers perspective it sounds *great*, but when it comes to actual gameplay poison doesn't work as smoothly. Realistically, Weaken won't debuff enough of the spawn to mitigate the alpha strike on anything higher than x1, and because the splash effect only applies half of the debuff values to adjacent mobs it's not potent enough to neuter the mobs that do get hit. I thought that the set would improve after picking up Venomous Gas for the complimentary debuffing, but unlike Time's Juncture (which has a built in slow and a larger radius of 25 vs VG's 15) there's no inherent way to keep mobs in the area of effect. Poison trap is great for damage, but as a hold or personal survivability tool (which is what the set really needs IMO), it is unreliable, even with a lockdown proc. At higher levels of difficulty the hold is especially underwhelming. I like Neurotoxic Breath, but applying it to any meaningful portion of the spawn requires jumping way out of melee range because the cone is so narrow. This wouldn't be a problem if VG's effects lingered for a few seconds, but as it stands now mobs will definitely get a few pot-shots in. If one of those shots happens to mez, it's essentially face plant time. Opening with Neurotoxic Breath is a no-go, because even though enemy recharge is shot to hell that first volley is gonna HURT, and unlike most other primaries, poison doesn't have a way of recovering from that damage.

With all that said, teams do clear much faster when I'm around. The only problem is that VG draws a lot of aggro if it tags something before the tank, and because I'm in melee range often I get *skewered* by AoEs. On higher difficulties it doesn't take many AoEs to put me down. I could hang back and debuff from range, but then I'd be missing out on the great debuffs of VG.

I agree that the set does have a lot of potential with significant IO investment, but I don't want to invest that much in a set that feels so clunky out of the box. IOing is also trickier for poison because it doesn't have any inherent survivability tools to build on outside of its potent, but unwieldy, debuffs.

Interesting input Shushilady. I know the survivability is bonkers prior to IOing but I think you might be able to try a couple things to help.

First for VG have you tried a simple -rech proc? It's a trick from my last Time char. It POs the mobs and keeps most of em in melee. Should be reasonably cheap on the market.

For the splash debuffing being low, have you tried it with Souls BU? Should bring splash -tohit up to around 23%.

Lastly, if you are DP, have you tried on chem rounds? that extra -Dam should help a bunch.

I know you are talking about running in against +4s and that may be impossible without IOs or at least like a few Incarnates to help along the way.

Not trying to say I know it all or anything but just trying to give a couple ideas.

Edited by Ankhammon

If personal survivability is a major concern then I'd probably go troller. Though the defender numbers are quite tempting. 

It's why I originally went plant/poison. Plant is a  massive boost to survivability thru great control and even a solid regen power to help sustain. It also bunches the spawns via seeds to make the splash debuffs much more effective. I strongly recommend the combo to anyone interested in delving into poison. 

If you are less concerned about personal protection. Maybe you run with a solid group or you are ok heavily investing in IOs and build restrictions then I have no doubt a poison defender will be awesome. 

Remember you can get envenom and poison trap out in about the same time as a storm gets down freezing rain. That's 25-65% -res (before procs) and a damage  proc nuke vs 35% -res. 

• Like 1

i'm working on this.it is not build for soloing.any suggestions?

bremse: Level 50 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Psychic Blast
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alkaloid -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(9), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RgnTss-Regen+(43)
Level 1: Mental Blast -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Envenom -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(3), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(3), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(5), AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(5), AnlWkn-DefDeb(7)
Level 4: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(7)
Level 6: Weaken -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(11), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SphIns-%ToHit(13), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(15)
Level 8: Neurotoxic Breath -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), ImpSwf-Acc/Slow(15), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(17), ImpSwf-Dam%(17), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(19), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(19)
Level 10: Psychic Scream -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(21), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(21), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(23), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(25)
Level 12: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 18: Antidote -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36)
Level 20: Paralytic Poison -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(27), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(27), BslGaz-Slow%(31), Lck-%Hold(42), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(42)
Level 22: Will Domination -- IndCom--Rchg%(A), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(29), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(34), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(40), IndCom-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(42)
Level 24: Victory Rush -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 26: Poison Trap -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A)
Level 28: Vengeance -- Krm-ResKB(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- Rct-ResDam%(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 32: Venomous Gas -- DarWtcDsp-Slow%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(33), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(33), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(33), UndDfn-DefDeb/EndRdx(34), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Scramble Thoughts -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(36), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(37), EntChs-Heal%(37), EntChs-Acc/Dmg(37)
Level 38: Psychic Wail -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- ImpSki-Status(A), Ags-Psi/Status(46), Ags-ResDam(46), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(46)
Level 44: Recall Friend -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- Dvs-Hold%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), WntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Partial Core Invocation 
------------

Edited by lyra

There is a lot of negativity that floats around about poison. Getting your build set with IOs is very important to make up for the lack of self protection that the set offers. As someone else mentioned, the set performs extremely well on fast moving teams that need a strong debuffer. A team with poison, cold, kin, and 5 damage dealers makes for some crazy fast TF times, and I personally love using my poison defender for apex and tin mage, which have the best merit rewards in the game for time invested, and a place where having a single target debuffer is very valuable for warwalkers and AVs. The -heal AND -special is also particularily helpful for gutting the healing of warwalkers and similar healing enemies. Alkaloid also gets a lot of hate, but used appropriately along with having a rez is just plenty for keeping a team moving fast. Poison is not a soloing set, it is a very powerful force multiplier for team play and does just fine acting as a sole support on a team of damage dealers, but loves most of all having a kinetics user on the team.

My build has 75% S/L res and 45% ranged def which typically makes taking an alpha a non existent issue. Once youre in melee the enemy will be suffering the debuffs of venomous gas.

The build continues to get better with incarnate options. I personally always use incan for team teleports but access to Rebirth and Clarion are very powerful options for a poison defender looking for more safety. I also love using Melee hybrid for a taunt aura which works very well with irradiate and venomous gas.

Level 50 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alkaloid -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal(23)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 2: Envenom -- Acc-I(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)
Level 4: Weaken -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(11), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(13), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 6: Irradiate -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Arm-Acc/Rchg(7), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Arm-Dam%(9), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(15)
Level 8: Elixir of Life -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), ShlWal-Def(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(15)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(17), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(17), StnoftheM-Dam%(19), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Apc-Dam%(23)
Level 18: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 20: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(25), Stp-KB%(40), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(48), Stp-Stun/Rng(48), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(50)
Level 24: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A)
Level 26: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), Lck-%Hold(31), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(34)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(46), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Venomous Gas -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(36), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(36), Stp-Stun/Rng(36), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(37), Stp-KB%(50)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Vigor Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1500;726;1452;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EF74A6600BA5145ADE05DB420B454A0770E193041123824|
|15077A619E9502662DB504C342E10E413B8F7F5055CF800E3CE4FA0041F31BAF3B9|
|F191A831BAB09EDEFFA136E9A4D3DFBDFF3BE771CFB933931747ABEF1C5919164AC|
|DA10523974B8C9A73663A692EDA278D94352B0A5725DDDE6D3D3172616E2E3695B1|
|72997447519C36D22933199B369296B16465D2891172B6249C5399CC426C266B9A4|
|9B71C4E98063D9E9BB7B2D5DBF3AC954EB9E464CC4ACD2FD1CC73386BCDC6468DC5|
|738949F2622E5E6AA20CA274FF0DD39F52C8296F172768A03B8436CD3C5DA026BC3|
|3987B4F820DA7C04D9BE02B6F13BB35A9D9E2CC41301F66F722AF282D426A3D8FC9|
|B09ED62342A858B3AB6F49F33B84F33D58FD8EF9110C7F00239FC02D829D6DED7B6|
|CD26FC55EE63E70C77EE601B06698A2D5536E1174806C45E5802AD78224385007C5|
|D18B3C9D4C0FAD55614DADF261EF4DC754599BCE71E61818A2675DBC5FD76B8EFBC|
|626D79E13DC9CB3FB097CD73E656E8275CF985B60830EDB06F2EBE1FC3C9C43E43B|
|62BE289493F753CF392BF4BC8F63F99639E72B6CB786BEF6AF60DEBF0AEA5741956|
|C1B114B341E2C1C5755D8A966CDECAFF928F6D56228B2172DE761D7FE077AE03272|
|0808D4F625C9AD6CDB7A175ADB3DE67DB0FD01731D0C6C801AE5E2E7F3E9E77D476|
|BC03E27B38AE9E2FDB8C10ACAB983FBD6B18EDC763E623E646E80CB142EC871825C|
|AF10D72BC4750A719D3AB94EFA1AF88A5C74F17BD0A5E3DC87079843E00AF9EF867|
|FADFB37FAD6F3037BECF909467F418F168AEFD7C42A4D7B8553DAF4DE869F5DB798|
|3799373469A35F07EBA85E31EE5D2C803E78498BF3F988730DDBB4E2BB4B3FBA44B|
|44C8997297A993258A60C9529135AF11B432F19CEF3F1FF5A7E4A2B7E2384222D1C|
|B5C52F43FE331540616BA50F3BFA5AAA8DD320E2105F4AB56E3CF7AD54BB864E9F7|
|1CA3C10B9646C948CCF968C7D8D64C699FE035B26E94F|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:50 PM, DreadShinobi said:

A team with poison, cold, kin, and 5 damage dealers makes for some crazy fast TF times, and I personally love using my poison defender for apex and tin mage, which have the best merit rewards in the game for time invested, and a place where having a single target debuffer is very valuable for warwalkers and AVs. The -heal AND -special is also particularily helpful for gutting the healing of warwalkers and similar healing enemies. Alkaloid also gets a lot of hate, but used appropriately along with having a rez is just plenty for keeping a team moving fast. Poison is not a soloing set, it is a very powerful force multiplier for team play and does just fine acting as a sole support on a team of damage dealers, but loves most of all having a kinetics user on the team.

Agree 100%. I think most of the people that still view poison in a negative light aren't engaging in the current meta game. And that's ok, but it is one of the best sets for high end team play.

Also leveling a poison/rad. Proc potential is pretty nice.

Edited by Frosticus

On 8/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, Frosticus said:

Agree 100%. I think most of the people that still view poison in a negative light aren't engaging in the current meta game. And that's ok, but it is one of the best sets for high end team play.

Also leveling a poison/rad. Proc potential is pretty nice.

I'm leveling one too. It was a toss between /Rad and /DP, but I decided it was time I gave /Rad a try. The synergy is there, at least.

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

I'm currently working on a Poison/Beam. It works great together. I also have a Poison/Dark. It was great until I started playing the Poison/Beam and realized the /Dark is overkill with the accuracy nerfing to the enemies. Poison + Maneuvers is enough to stop you from being hit hardly at all. Adding dark doesn't show me a noticeable difference.

6 hours ago, Falsey said:

I'm leveling one too. It was a toss between /Rad and /DP, but I decided it was time I gave /Rad a try. The synergy is there, at least.

there is indeed.

I have a different perspective with this character from most of my  others as it is primarily intended to team. So irradiate is gold for me. I look at it as another solid big aoe debuff. Huge -def, decent proc rate on 2 -res procs. Add some damage procs if you like.

Cosmic and proton are heavy hitters once loaded up with damage procs. Not far off from the almighty blaze+blazing bolt