Newbie question on the sub-power set "Leadership"

Sergio

I decided to give this little group a try for the first time. So made a new hero and got him to 50,  activated all my shields and set off to fight villains. Flying from Miss Liberty to the monorail, I got half way and fell out of the sky. I though I'd been shot by a level 50 supervillain in Atlas but no, it was just my end. running out.

This power sucks up end. like there's no tomorrow.

Question:

Is there a group of sets of enhancements that can make this power-set worth bothering with or does everybody steer well clear of it?

First point, they're called "Power Pools".  🙂

Leadership is fine, and by itself it's really not much of an END-hog, though it can pay to drop a single IO-50 Endurance Reduction into each power.

Flight costs significantly more than any of the three core Leadership toggles do.  Indeed, absent EndRedux enhancements each Leadership toggle by itself costs 0.39E per second, for 1.17E/second total while running all three; Flight, meanwhile, costs 1.00E per second by itself.

If your character had other toggles, they too were contributing to your loss of END.  If, in fact, you ran out of Endurance while not in combat then the odds are very strongly in favor of you not having slotted any Endurance Reduction in any of your Toggles at all (and probably having a large number of them, too).

What Archetype are you?  And what are your Primary and Secondary powersets?  What other toggle-able powers did you have active just then?

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Its fairly popular as far as secondary power pools go. The toggles aren't particulary end heavy at .39 End/Second though. It sounds like you may need some effective endurance management. Is your Stamina power 3 slotted with End Mods?

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I will also add: Leadership is next to useless playing solo, because each toggle has a fairly small effect. (Edit to add: unless you're a Mastermind, then Leadership is pure gold.)

When playing on a team, however, everyone on the team (that isn't too far away) benefits from that small effect, so it rapidly becomes "worth it".  Especially if more than one person on the team is running them at once.

Edited by PaxArcana
  • Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

END reduction is pretty necessary in every power by the time you hit 50.  It likely wasn't JUST the leadership powers, they just took you into the red. There are all sorts of ways to deal with END problems by the time you hit 50, from normal IO slotting in Stamina to the unique IOs that grant +END.

As for whether people avoid it, I consider it to be nearly mandatory on all of my characters because of how much stacked buffs help a team. maneuvers is also a decent place to stick LotG enhancements, with a decent base DEF for a pool power.  Maneuvers by itself is nice, nothing special. A full team running maneuvers is untouchable. I don't care much for Assault because it's basically unenhanceable, and Tactics is nice to have when fighting at +2 and above so you and your team can actually HIT things. Vengeance is situational, but very powerful. 

Torchbearer: @Lakanna (Blue) or @Annakal (Red)

Leadership toggles are actually one of the most desired things to bring to a group. Partly because they make a slight difference for you, but mostly because they make a huge difference for the group as a whole and they stack. Meaning that if say 5 people in the group all have the toggles then the group gets 5x the results without suffering from personal enhancement caps. That makes a huge difference.

Now as for how to avoid end drain... three options.

1) Some Incarnate choices will cause a permanent change to your End Drain and instantly make the toggle drain almost unnoticeable, while other choices while active will give you so much recovery you don't even notice the drain.

2) Run an IO set that both helps the drain and also gives good set bonuses as well. For example the +ToHit set Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control when 6 stacked gives personal dmg buff and defenses.

3) Just stick on 1-2 lvl 50 Endurance Reduction enhs to each one. This instantly drops the drain by half.

You can friend add me at the global handle Sweet Torment

I created Indomitable's Community Teleport Hub usage: /macro TP enterbasefrompasscode TOUR-5307

All 50+3 unless otherwise specified:

Indomitable: Sweet Torment, Firesoul, Rikti Relocators Inc

Excelsior: Silent as a Lamb, Spinner of Lives, Project ReNew, Mire Monstrosity, Mad Madam Maud (48), Tiki Tour Guide (50+0)

Ok thanks for those replies. I had just hit 50 on the test server so didn't bother to buy any enhancements until after I saw it fighting. If it can't hit a cows R's with a banjo, there's no point taking it any further. I do intend to use the set within a team in the main but also to fly solo occasionally. I did have everything toggled on as per my normal character, so when my end. disappeared I was shocked. I had temporarily forgotten he was enhanced to the gills. He's an electric/electric tank.

Yeah, sounds like you need to re-try it with enhancements.  Even just common IOs in Stamina, and a common EndRedux IO in each of the toggles, might change things tremendously.

3 hours ago, PaxArcana said:

I will also add: Leadership is next to useless playing solo, because each toggle has a fairly small effect. (Edit to add: unless you're a Mastermind, then Leadership is pure gold.)

Nitpick, Maneuvers is often used to help soft cap defense. Obviously not huge numbers, but still taken and used when soling.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Yes, it absolutely does.  A Mastermind running Leadership, gives those bonusses to not just themselves, but every pet they have out too.

Indeed, one of the Mastermind Primaries - Thugs - has two pets (the Tier 2 "Enforcers") who have their OWN Leadership powers (that only affect MM pets, not players, including their own MM).  Leadership is one of the "must have" pools for most MM builds, for that very reason.

Support characters do have better numbers using the pool as well. MMs just cheat because they come with an army.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."