Leadership vs. Fighting and Body Mastery

Blackshear

Which do you guys think is a better addition to a high level regen scrapper who teams fairly frequently:  Leadership: Tactics or Focused Accuracy?  Regen offers no defense against Fear or Confuse, so for that reason Tactics is tempting.

For Scrappers Tactics offers 7% ToHit, a 48.44% Perception boost, and 42.385% duration reduction from Fear and Confuse.

Focused Accuracy touts 5% ToHit, 20% +Acc, and a 60% Perception boost.

To me that looks like a fairly even choice, but I am not much of a number cruncher.  For all I know they're both awful and I shouldn't get either one!

I'd have to pick up a prereq power for Tactics so I was also considering using Leadership: Maneuvers instead of Weave...2.28% base DEF instead of Weave's 3.75%.  How statistically significant is that drop for my character?

On the other hand, Focused Accuracy is a huge endurance hog (may not be an issue on Regen), and I hate being feared more than I hate being to-hit debuffed (unless I depend on to-hit for my mitigation), so Tactics would usually be my choice. Or when in doubt, run both! 😉

Edited by Werner

4 hours ago, Blackshear said:

Which do you guys think is a better addition to a high level regen scrapper who teams fairly frequently:  Leadership: Tactics or Focused Accuracy?

I'm going to say ... TACTICS ... so long as you're slotting the Gaussian's Fire Control Build Up proc into it (and if you're doing that, you might as well get the whole set if you've got the slots to spare for it).

Why?

Because Focused Accuracy applies to You Only™ ... while Tactics applies to everyone within a 60ft radius around you.  This means that a Build Up proc has "more chances to proc" every 10 seconds for every teammate around you.  Research on this topic revealed the following:

Tactics    
Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Set Bonuses: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
(Tactics)
7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
19.08 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
2.5% DamageBuff(All)
2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Using Level 27+21 Proc IOs:
Endurance Discount: 58.98%
Recharge Time: 58.98%
ToHit: 52.89%

Using Level 50+21 Proc IOs:
Endurance Discount: 73.78% (Pre-ED: 74.20%)
Recharge Time:  73.78% (Pre-ED: 74.20%)
ToHit: 57.52% (Pre-ED: 70.13%)

Prob = PPM x ActivatePeriod / (60 x AreaMod)
AreaMod = 1 + Radius x (11 x Arc + 540) / 40,000

Gaussians proc PPM = 1
Minimum probability is confirmed at 5% + PPM x 1.5% = 6.5%
Radius: 60
Activation period: 2s for Tactics, but the activation period used in a toggle is set to 10s
Max Targets: 255

PPM * ActivatePeriod / (60 * (1 + Radius * (11 * Arc + 540) / 40000))
1 * 10 / (60 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 40000))
= 2.15% (!)

Due to minimum proc chance clamping, the chance to proc Gaussian's in Tactics is 6.5% every 10 seconds.

With 6 chances to proc every minute this results in a 1 - (1 - 0.065)^6 = 33.18% chance to proc (at least) once per minute.

Congratulations!
By putting a 1 PPM proc into Tactics you've turned it into what amounts to a 1 PP3M …!!

This then explains why a PPM governed Tactics is kind of terrible(!) … for a soloist.

I'm reasonably sure that when Gaussian's procs, it only buffs the caster and doesn't proc "for" every Ally within the radius.

However, this brings up the intriguing prospect that Gaussian's proc might receive 1 proc chance per Ally within 60 ft of the caster, which then benefits the caster if it does proc (limit 1 proc per 10 seconds, so it doesn't stack).  In that case you're looking at the following matrix of possibilities …

Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^1 = 06.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds

League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
League-34: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^34 = 89.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds

League-35: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^35 = 90.0% (90.4%) chance to proc every 10 seconds

Do you like the idea of getting a 41.5% chance for "free"(?) Build Up proc every 10 seconds in a team while running Tactics?

I do ... but then not everyone does.

4 hours ago, Blackshear said:

I'd have to pick up a prereq power for Tactics so I was also considering using Leadership: Maneuvers instead of Weave...2.28% base DEF instead of Weave's 3.75%.  How statistically significant is that drop for my character?

If you're solo, you're looking at a loss of Defense from Maneuvers relative to what you could get from Weave.

If you're on a team with one other PC with Maneuvers you've got the same Defense you'd get from Weave ... AND ... you're also sharing all of that Defense with your entire team!

So ... the permutations are:

• Solo = Weave is better than Maneuvers
  • Team with 2+ Maneuvers = (better than) Weave for everyone on the Team

And if you've got Maneuvers yourself ... you only need 1 other teammate who has Maneuvers to compliment your Maneuvers power, making it a lot more likely that there will be 2 PCs on the team with Maneuvers.

Think of it this way.

If 2 PCs on a team have Weave, only those 2 PCs are benefiting from Weave ... and everyone else gets nothing.

If 2 PCs on a team have Maneuvers, then everyone on that team is getting "Weave-ish" levels of Defense buffed.

If all 8 PCs on a team have Maneuvers, then everyone on that team is getting somewhere above 4x Weave levels of Defense combined.

So really, the only time when Maneuvers is an "inferior" choice for you is when you're on a team where you're the only one with Maneuvers ... whereas any time you're on a team where You Plus One both have Maneuvers, you're doing "better than Weave" in that team ... and if you've got Maneuvers yourself, that means you only need One More™ besides yourself to achieve that level of increased performance (which honestly isn't that impossible to achieve).

In fact, the only "real" downside to reaching for Maneuvers instead of Weave is that you won't have Tough to slot resistance set IOs into (for the two +3% Defense IOs) ... but then I personally prefer to reach for Rune of Protection in the Sorcery pool for that instead of Tough, since the Sorcery Pool gives access to Mystic Flight, Arcane Bolt (Force Feedback proc ready ranged attack!), Spirit Ward and Enflame(!) into the bargain, rather than trying to make do with pretty much everything in the Fighting Pool that you aren't going to "need" because you're a Scrapper who doesn't "need" Boxing+Kick+Cross Punch to have an effective melee attack (go figure, eh?).

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.