Necro/Storm viable?

Noze

So has any of you played a Necro/Storm mm?
Do these sets both work well hand in hand with the little bit of everything that storm gives or would the classic necro/dark combo be much more viable?
I already have a ninja/dark mm (which always reminds me of how helpful dark is, especially with fragile minions that don't have any selfheal) and now I really wanted to play a necro/[anything].
Necro-minions are a bit more self sustaining with their selfheal, so they don't need a strong aoe heal that much like ninjas do, right? (Altough I guess I'd muss the dark servant anyway)

Don't know if storm would be a good combination together with necromancy, I looked through it and it was appealing ( -Accuracy, Team Stealth, +Defense, -Defense, +Resistance, -Resistance,  -Endurance, Knockback, Disorient and Fear all in one set and the fact that I wouldn't have to get into melee range to heal if I need to), I guess the drawback would be that I'll never get that much -accuracy like I would have with Dark and certainly not that much -Ressistance like if I'd play with poison, but then again I never took storm on any character I've ever made. 😕
(also never played a necro-mm to be honest, even though I always wanted to).

Any help/advice would be much apprechiated. 😄

Many Thanks in advance.

Edited by Noze

My first instinct is to say it wouldn't work well as Necro pets are fragile and Storm doesn't provide much defense/resist, and because Necro's strength is CC and Storm tends to be rather disruptive.

But frankly, once you get Storm loaded out with Sudden Acceleration in everything, it would probably work. You're gonna wanna be spamming a KB->KD converted Gale constantly to keep your pets alive though.

I think storm/cold are both crazy in pve and can work with any primary for the same reason. Sleet/freezing rain, a targeted AOE that does -res that has chance to KB enemies. Sure necro pets are squishy but if your enemies are just perma KB'd as well as -ranged and -tohit from hurricane, you should be safe in almost every engagement. Also remember you can slot 2 -res procs in freezing rain (annihilation and achilles -res) for like -60% -res which is pretty nutty.

So yeah storm is just stupid good in pve, should be a good combo.

On 9/1/2019 at 2:16 AM, kelly Rocket said:

My first instinct is to say it wouldn't work well as Necro pets are fragile and Storm doesn't provide much defense/resist, and because Necro's strength is CC and Storm tends to be rather disruptive.

But frankly, once you get Storm loaded out with Sudden Acceleration in everything, it would probably work. You're gonna wanna be spamming a KB->KD converted Gale constantly to keep your pets alive though.

Throw a OF KD proc in the zombies too. It's hilarious good mitigation! Did that in my Necro/Dark, was great way to keep things from attacking. 🙂

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

13 hours ago, kelly Rocket said:

And then go Heat Mastery for Bonfire 😉

I did that with my ninja/cold and it just seemed redundant with Freezing Rain. With the KD spam already inherent to storm, its a waste. I'd go either Scorpion for the shield and maybe powerboost (powerboosted KD's and debuffs) or my current fav, Soul for the resist shield and Oppressive Gloom. Between Oppressive Gloom, all the KD's and the Lich's CC's, you will literally CC the entire pack so nothing can do much to your undead.  Storm will also help make up for the low damage on the LIch.  You won't be soloing AV's as well as other specs, but it will have power.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elthenar said:

I did that with my ninja/cold and it just seemed redundant with Freezing Rain. With the KD spam already inherent to storm, its a waste. I'd go either Scorpion for the shield and maybe powerboost (powerboosted KD's and debuffs) or my current fav, Soul for the resist shield and Oppressive Gloom. Between Oppressive Gloom, all the KD's and the Lich's CC's, you will literally CC the entire pack so nothing can do much to your undead.  Storm will also help make up for the low damage on the LIch.  You won't be soloing AV's as well as other specs, but it will have power.

Freezing Rain/Sleet has a very very low chance of knockdown. The fast ticking helps, but it still doesn't knockdown very reliably. Bonfire on the other hand is guaranteed, 100% chance of knockdown (Once you apply Sudden Acceleration or Overwhelming Force obviously), and will just dribble the enemies, never letting them get a chance to attack, so they're pretty different.

If anything creates redundancy between Bonfire and Storm it's Tornado (Again, with KB->KD converter applied), but to me that's just part of the fun. I've got a Thugs/Storm I'm planning to go /Heat with for Tornado + Bonfire lulz. At least if I actually get around to playing the game again any time soon... stupid school and work.