How to silence specific sounds?

Bill Z Bubba

Back in the old days, I had a silence.ogg file that I could use to replace specific annoying looping sounds like the peacebringer high pitched whine or the thrumming noise from energy melee or superspeed.

However, I've lost that file and all the sound file names and it appears that score isn't using a data directory for such fixes.

Does anyone know how to silence specific sounds with this configuration of CoH/V? Thanks much.

Back in the old days, I had a silence.ogg file that I could use to replace specific annoying looping sounds like the peacebringer high pitched whine or the thrumming noise from energy melee or superspeed.

However, I've lost that file and all the sound file names and it appears that score isn't using a data directory for such fixes.

Does anyone know how to silence specific sounds with this configuration of CoH/V? Thanks much.

We had to create the data subdirectories and drop the right overwrite file into the right subdirectory path.

In the main directory of the new CoH you need to create: /data/sound/Ogg/powers/

And then from there its a guess. I think we'd need to use a pigg viewer to decompile the pigg with the oggs and their directories in order to place a renamed silence ogg in the right /data directory.

The guide that was written on the old forums wasn't saved by the WayBack Machine, but I did find...

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/City_of_Heroes/Clientmods#Sounds

https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13390.msg233121#msg233121

just the opposite as want to raise volume of glowies to find em easier ;p

You can record yourself screaming into a mic "OVER HERE" and make that the new glowie sound!

Or you can creep yourself out and use the "over here" from Predator with the volume turned up.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Interesting, I may have to give this a try to silence those pet demon howls.  Nothing is more annoying than a demon-summoning MM parked next to you in the tailor or by a trainer while you're working on something.

Just wanted to say welcome home Bill. I remember you from the old days of the forums, good to see you again.

• Thanks 1