I'd Like a Drain All Funds Option

EyeLuvBooks

As much as having 1000 character slots is GREAT, I'm trying NOT to fill them all by deleting toons that for whatever reason don't work for me.

We currently have the email system to transfer funds from one toon to another and this can also be used for items like Salvage, Enhancements and recipes. One drawback though is that it's very tedious. Deleting a toon that's even in the teens means that I need to sell all their stuff, then check how much Inf they have, then create an email and include the Inf total. If they have the better Insps then I need to store them somewhere or email them ONE AT A TIME which is also very tedious and clogs up the email system.

What I'm suggesting is a method of removing ALL of the Inf, Inspirations, Enhancements and other things not attached to the character and shifting them to another toon. If it turns out that there's not enough space on the receiving character for Insps, Enhancers etc then the leftover aren't transferred or are lost. In this way I can delete unwanted characters instead of cluttering up the server with them simply because I'm too lazy to take the time to shuffle all their stuff off.

23 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

Strongly suspect that the inconvenience of that is meant to act as a deterrent to doing just that, at least routinely.

If you want to do that, they (probably) want you to work for it.

They want you to WORK for deleting unwanted characters? No wonder the old servers were staggering under the workload...

No, (I assume) they want you to choose between the work of recouping your investment, or the greater convenience of simply discarding it (and then having to grind for it again on another character).

Or at least that's how it works in a for-profit MMO - make you pay for it one way or another, in time and effort or straight up cash money.  The devs here may be willing to cut you more slack.

Edited by Megajoule
  • Like 1

How many GOOD enhancements, inspirations (seriously?) and infamy can a toon pre level 30 even have? The enhancements would be SOs, and if they were IOs, then just respec and base them. Why ever bother emailing them? Likewise, money. With double xp, the only cash you'd have, is from selling junk, a few mil at most. Takes a whole 5 seconds to email that amount to yourself.

Basically the only things that would really matter are any low level, top tier IO recipes you have...and again, those dont take that long to email to yourself.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, EyeLuvBooks said:

What I'm suggesting is a method of removing ALL of the Inf, Inspirations, Enhancements and other things not attached to the character and shifting them to another toon. If it turns out that there's not enough space on the receiving character for Insps, Enhancers etc then the leftover aren't transferred or are lost. In this way I can delete unwanted characters instead of cluttering up the server with them simply because I'm too lazy to take the time to shuffle all their stuff off.

Do you have a Supergroup base? It's (relatively) easy (but still time consuming) to respec, drop all the loot into base bins and then email the Inf to yourself.

I'd prefer them to make Inf global (per account), then I wouldn't have to mess around with email myself Inf I've earned. The reasons it isn't (as I understand it) was that Inf was your (the specific characters) Influence/Infamy with the world which makes sense how the game was originally designed (when you could only trade 9999 inf at a time) but less so as soon as they allowed you to use it as a cash replacement.

I'd also quite like to see the AH go global, yes I know it's tied to badges so some way around that would have to be designed. But if Inf could be global it would make sense for the AH to be global too.

On a side not when working out how much inf you have prior to sending a mail (when clearing a character, as long as you're not in a mission/base you can do /ah to show the AH window which also shows how much Inf you have. Which is easier than either getting it up in a combat statistic window or via ID.

• Like 1