Spring Attack > Damaged not count from Enhancements

Bioxyde37

• 5 months later

This came from a discussion in the General forum, but the findings apply to this Bug Report.

I did testing with Spring Attack, slotting it with the FF +Recharge Proc, Obliteration Proc, Scirrocco Proc, Eradication Proc, Explosive Strike Proc, and the last slot was either empty or had a regular Damage IO in it.

Findings:

• The Damage IO did not increase damage of Spring Attack.
  • All Damage Procs (3 from PBAoE sets, 1 from Knockback set) never Proc
  • The FF +Recharge did proc (from Knockback set)

These findings suggest there is a bug in the Spring Attack pseudopet that is causing it to not accept most enhancements. It is confusing that the FF proc would fire, but the Explosive Strike proc would not, seeing as how both come from Knockback sets. 

This was tested on Beta Server using a Tanker.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

With some helpful logic from @Coyote, the bug simply is Spring Attack's pseudopet is not accepting enhancements of any kind. The FF proc was triggered by the activation of the power (which teleports you). Since it is a self buff, it procs wheras Explosive Strike would obviously not proc against you.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

• 1 month later

Is this still the case?  I don't recall seeing a patch note addressing it, but I may have just glossed over it.  I am here looking at Spring Attack as a possible low-level AoE attack for a Controller.  I don't like being so limited when I exemplar on my Earth/Sonic Controller.  My hope is that with enough procs it might become decent.  Then again the long recharge may be prohibitive regardless.

2 hours ago, carroto said:

Is this still the case?  I don't recall seeing a patch note addressing it, but I may have just glossed over it.  I am here looking at Spring Attack as a possible low-level AoE attack for a Controller.  I don't like being so limited when I exemplar on my Earth/Sonic Controller.  My hope is that with enough procs it might become decent.  Then again the long recharge may be prohibitive regardless.

As far as I know, it hasn't been addressed. I haven't tested it since, but my guess is it isn't a high enough priority. It's weird to have an attack take enhancements and yet that attack doesn't enhance. It's beyond a proc issue, it's just hard broke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1