OptionSet slash command broken with ChatBubbleColor values

LondonRook

From what I see the colors assigned to chat bubbles are based around hex code.  With a final FF as alpha.

However, when you try and set this via the console command option_set, (ChatBubbleColor1, and ChatBubbleColor2), it'll say that it saves the new value, but it won't display it.  Instead it'll just show black in the bubble when anything's said.

image.png.c8276c30828cd038c0d51a899dc4b2c9.png

Probably because the command itself can only recognize either 1 or 0.

My suggestion is to either put an error message here (and stop it from saving to the options.txt file), or to create a new command that's specific to the effected options which can accept different types of values.

• Retired Game Master

Oh yeah. I forgot to report this on the forums.

So both those options take the hex code equivalent in decimal via setoption. The issue is it's RGBT and the hex value of that caps out the variable (32 bit limitation) at about 7FFFFFFF, meaning anything that uses more than half the red channel is not going to work. 

IE: If you wanted FF0101FF you'd have to enter the value (sans commas) 4,278,256,127 which is well above the limit of 2,147,483,647. This could potentially be easiest fixed by making it store as an unsigned integer or a 64 bit integer with an accepted value of 0 to 4294967295.

• Retired Game Master
8 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Any chance this is related at all to the option_set Cursor Scale issue I posted about a few days ago?

Not likely. This option has always worked this way, and so has never worked. My guess is something they changed with ui scaling is interfering with that option.