Make hostages WANT to be found

WumpusRat

I was doing a flashback to one of the lower-level arcs this morning, and ran into an issue that really frustrates the hell out of me. It's a mission where you have to go in and save 7 hostages. The problem is, it's in a massive 6-floor office building, with tons of little offices, nooks, and other places for the hostage to be "hiding", which requires you to carefully search every tiny nook and cranny of the entire building. After 30 minutes of slogging around and still being unable to find the last hostage, I gave up and aborted the mission (and the story arc). It wasn't worth the frustration.

Can we please make it so that hostages have some sort of indicator of their presence like other objectives do? Make them ping, or give them the same noise that glowies have, or hell, just have them say "help me!" when a player gets near them. Because there are far too many times both solo and in groups where people are stumbling around going "where the hell is the last hostage?"

• Like 3

Just curious, was that a Croatoa mission with Fir Bolg?  It seems in most missions trapped citizens are in main rooms, maybe in a corner but for that one particular mission they can be in those side rooms you just don't even bother entering since there are never mobs in them (except for this).

1 hour ago, Hedgefund said:

Just curious, was that a Croatoa mission with Fir Bolg?  It seems in most missions trapped citizens are in main rooms, maybe in a corner but for that one particular mission they can be in those side rooms you just don't even bother entering since there are never mobs in them (except for this).

No, this one was doing "The Vahzilok Pollutant Plot" flashback. First mission has you go into a huge office building and try to find a ton of hostages. I'm 99% certain I searched every possible corner of the building, but it's possible the hostage was tucked into a TINY corner somewhere in an office. 

Hence why I'd love it if hostages actually announced their presence. Seems dumb that they stay completely silent when there are heroes running around right nearby. Or villains, if they think the villain might be better than their current predicament.

Yeah, that one hostage spawn location of the tiny broom closet is a pain in the buuuuuutt.
I mean, we got the Reveal Power, and the tech now exists to indicate the locations of objectives on the map . . . what about a Day Job Limited-Use Power which indicates specific types of mission Objectives?  Is something like that in the cards?

PoE has a thing where we are supposed to go somewhere and find something, but if we take too long it shows up on the map. Someone might say 'HAHA! THEN I WILL JUST AFK AND WAIT!' but, yeah, no one plays to AFK. But, if we have been at it for 10 minutes then having the objectives pop up would be nice, the same way we have now when we only lack one objective, or it shows th last mobs in a kill all.

• Like 1