Update notoriety menu.

Neogumbercules

Seriously? It was added as an emote when the game came back... I don't think it's clunky at all and way better than having to find an actual person to change your notoriety which is what you had to do on live. I would rather the devs take tim eto implement actual QoL changes and extras which would have way more impact...sorry. 

2 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

I'd love the notoriety menu to be updated so that when you press the button a pop up menu appears and the options for team size and adjust level are presented as radio buttons where you pick the one you like from each column. Would be a little less clunky than the current implementation. 

I’d like this.  It’s super clunky to have to check your current settings in the nav and jump back and forth between different menus.  +1 to an obvious QoL improvement

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

8 hours ago, Burnt Toast said:

Seriously? It was added as an emote when the game came back... I don't think it's clunky at all and way better than having to find an actual person to change your notoriety which is what you had to do on live. I would rather the devs take tim eto implement actual QoL changes and extras which would have way more impact...sorry. 

The OP may not be aware of this.  It was not, IMO, widely advertised or documented.  You'd either need to hear about it by word of mouth, or go digging through the menus, to find it.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 1:22 PM, Burnt Toast said:

It's clunky in that the menu doesn't show you what you've chosen, and if you mis-click the menu disappears.

So you have to open your Mission tab to see current settings, click through the menu twice to set team size and level offset, and then check the Mission tab again to verify the setting.

And since it's on the mission tab, it shows your own setting even when someone else sets a mission so you're not totally sure what the actual setting is.

I suspect that the current implementation of it came about because that was just about the only place the current CoH codebase would let them put an option that should be accessible to anyone from anywhere. I mean, from the standpoint of internal consistency, it makes no damn kind of sense at all that mission difficulty settings should be under chat emote options, so I doubt they would have put them there if there was any kind of better option.

I would hope that a way to add a better option is on the SCORE folks' to-do list for things they can do if they ever have the necessary manpower. But who knows how long that list is, or if it will ever get meaningfully addressed?

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

I agree it really was not obvious. In maybe my 4rd week back, I was going insane trying to find the Fateweaver on the map in CapAu. I had NO ideas the tiny lil emote icon would suddenly contain the difficulty settings..which have zero to do with emotes!

I liked the old system too. Maybe give the early contact arcs or trainers some text about where to change this stuff, assuming they dont already.